The Astell & Kern AK120
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #1,906 of 7,071
Quote:
Quote:
You didn't understand
I can go previous with the top, but I cannot go next with the one down, nothing happens, and all this while in the playing list.

So while you are listening to music the back button takes you to the previous song ok, but the next button isn't working?

^ to the previous song and v does nothing while I listen to music. Also if is worth to be mentioned the play/pause works fine. Please help.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #1,907 of 7,071
Sorry to say, it does sound like you have a faulty unit. 
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,908 of 7,071
Quote:
^ to the previous song and v does nothing while I listen to music. Also if is worth to be mentioned the play/pause works fine. Please help.

tough luck... looks like a hardware fault, try pressing longer/firmer and if it fails than probably need a warranty repair

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #1,909 of 7,071
Quote:
Quote:

tough luck... looks like a hardware fault, try pressing longer/firmer and if it fails than probably need a warranty repairIs

Is it really a hardware fault?

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,911 of 7,071
I have all the music, all the artists( songs, folders etc ) in a single music file wich is the Music folder.
Sorry if I didn't explain very well. Why the top will work but the butto won't?
Maybe my unit is not faulty and I do something wrong.
I will add more music in the root not in the music folder and try to go to the next song and see if it works.
Anybody has a clue?

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #1,913 of 7,071
I have all the music, all the artists( songs, folders etc ) in a single music file wich is the Music folder.
Sorry if I didn't explain very well. Why the top will work but the butto won't?
Maybe my unit is not faulty and I do something wrong.
I will add more music in the root not in the music folder and try to go to the next song and see if it works.
Anybody has a clue?
Hum...not sure...shoot a message to Iriver

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,915 of 7,071
Quote:
Quote:
Is it really a hardware fault?

It really does sound like a hardware issue. Good thing is that the side buttons are easily serviceable. Your local iriver reseller/distributor should be able to point you in the right direction.

If they are not of any help, send me a PM and I will assist.

PM sent, please help if you can.Since my player came with the 1.20 instead the 1.00 firmware could they have sold me a faulty, used unit? Can I get new unit as a replacement? Many thanks.Levi

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #1,917 of 7,071
Quote:
Wow I am hearing zero difference going straight from macbook pro to this unit.
mad.gif

Really??? Is that an exaggeration?

There should be a considerable difference between the sound directly out of a mac book and an AK120

What are you listening to? and what headphones are you using?

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,918 of 7,071

There should be a considerable difference between the sound directly out of a mac book and an AK120

Unfortunately, no. I am using fit ear togo 334 and listening to https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD666666666666 going back and forth between my rmbp and a k120 again, I am finding the a k120 to be a tad warmer no discernible change other than that. Really disappointed with this. I'll have to eat the 15% restocking fee and return it.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #1,919 of 7,071
Unfortunately, no. I am using fit ear togo 334 and listening to https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD666666666666 going back and forth between my rmbp and a k120 again, I am finding the a k120 to be a tad warmer no discernible change other than that. Really disappointed with this. I'll have to eat the 15% restocking fee and return it.

Have you purchased and downloaded the album or are you listening to the samples displayed on the webpage that you linked to? If so, they are played back in 48 kHz/16 bit, not HiRez.

That could account for the music sounding quite similar. If you have downloaded the entire album as a HiRez and the Mac and K120 sound nearly the same, there is likely something amiss somewhere.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,920 of 7,071
Quote:
Quote:

Woah what? How did you find that album?
Quote:
$17.98 Sale price for Head-Fi readers: $8.99

I'll buy it! That's the cheapest 24/96 album I've seen. :D

$1300 PMP or $1300 computer. Hm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back