Jun 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,832 of 7,071
Quote:
AK140 is coming soon....
biggrin.gif

I've just placed an order  
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,833 of 7,071
Quote:

Make sure that your cover art format is .jpg and resize them to 500x500 px if possible. Please note that the album art will have to be embedded into the metadata.

Is the artist and track name showing up ok on your AIFF files?

Thanks JMoon.
The artist and track names are showing up ok.  
I realized that the cover art is not in .jpg so will try again.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,838 of 7,071
Funny thing.....saw sparks talk about JRiver Media center and thought I would try the 30 day trial to see if can use to create playlists easier.....just installed and connected the AK120.   Went to Devices and when click on AK120 it shows a picture of an Ipod Classic.......Apple are everywhere!!

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #1,839 of 7,071
Quote:
The WAV Files that I put in had the metadata already, but the AK120 wouldn't recognise - Audioirvana on my MBPR does.

Same. JMoon could you pass this along to the development team to get this working? Even the DX100 is able to show tags on WAV as well as embedded album art. Not sure how they did it but it all works. I would be so stoked to have album art and tags on WAV :wink:. Don't forget m3u playlist support :p.

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #1,840 of 7,071
Quote:
Funny thing.....saw sparks talk about JRiver Media center and thought I would try the 30 day trial to see if can use to create playlists easier.....just installed and connected the AK120.   Went to Devices and when click on AK120 it shows a picture of an Ipod Classic.......Apple are everywhere!!

Does it? For my AK100 I have to use a bit of a kludge to get my iTunes playlists to work through Missing Sync for Android.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,841 of 7,071
Quote:

Does it? For my AK100 I have to use a bit of a kludge to get my iTunes playlists to work through Missing Sync for Android.

Currawong is there a way to predefine the paths for such a program to have it automatically sync our devices and have it follow the iRiver devices custom paths? This would make the process so much easier. Although honestly they just need to fix this issue and use mainstream programing instead.

Quote:
Lots of people are saying that .wav to FLAC conversion degrades that sound.   That's been my initial sense.  Have you found that to be the case?

While I happen to agree with this to some extent. That doesn't stop me from archiving my files in FLAC. I can just expand them back to WAV on my DAPs and even us cPlay which automatically expands the files to WAV (creates a temporary file in memory cache). So I see no need to forsake using flac as an archiving tool as it saves a lot of space without technically losing data. Now during playback I just hear it differently and I attribute that to the the players themselves and the process of unzipping and playing back the files.

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #1,845 of 7,071
Quote:
Sorry to bring this up again as I feel like I may be missing something fundamental here, but as the volume out becomes a line level out at 100% volume, is that not the better way to connect to an external amp? If there was a dedicated line out doing the same thing, would we not all be doing that without a second thought?

Hopefully, someone can explain how volume is handled as I'm confused.  If you believe volume needs to be set at 100 percent to achieve line level, then the volume is digitally controlled (rather than via analog control) and volume attenuation is reducing bit depth (SNR).  The decreased bit rate likely wouldn't be noticeable as long as the volume is kept at or above a reasonable level, say 50 percent.  If volume is handled in the analog stage, setting the volume to 100 percent is likely going to degrade output quality.

Anyone know how the AK120 adjusts volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back