The Astell & Kern AK120
Feb 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #5,298 of 7,071
  where am i supposed to put my music folders? maybe thats a easier question to ask

so they show up under artist and not under folders?

It doesn't matter where/how you put them in the SD Cards or internal memory (i.e. you can put them inside a "Music" folder and then per artist, album, etc.) But I think that what you mean is having the files appear in the "library" so that you can search by Category (i.e. by artist, album, etc.). You have to activate the library scanning. Go to options and look for it (don't remember exactly where... check the manual if someone doesn't responds fast).

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #5,299 of 7,071

It doesn't matter where/how you put them in the SD Cards or internal memory (i.e. you can put them inside a "Music" folder and then per artist, album, etc.) But I think that what you mean is having the files appear in the "library" so that you can search by Category (i.e. by artist, album, etc.). You have to activate the library scanning. Go to options and look for it (don't remember exactly where... check the manual if someone doesn't responds fast).

yep i tried that, went to artist, and then there is a unknown artist folder all my songs are under there so i have over 1,000 songs in a unknown artist.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #5,300 of 7,071
  yep i tried that, went to artist, and then there is a unknown artist folder all my songs are under there so i have over 1,000 songs in a unknown artist.

Oh Wow...
That means that your MP3/FLAC Tags must be messed up man! :frowning2:
You can try and use one of those mp3 taging programs to see if it helps. I don't remember which one I used the last time but you could try it with just a couple of files, see if it works, and invest in fixing all of your tags... 

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #5,301 of 7,071

Oh Wow...
That means that your MP3/FLAC Tags must be messed up man! :frowning2:
You can try and use one of those mp3 taging programs to see if it helps. I don't remember which one I used the last time but you could try it with just a couple of files, see if it works, and invest in fixing all of your tags... 

oh that sounds like a blast. F

these are .wav Files

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #5,302 of 7,071
My exact problem.  Thousands of songs that are possibly tagged wrong of not in the right order so in mid concert it doesn't go to the encore and then back to mid concert ect.  The only way to do it is in folders, then things are in order like you have them on your computer or iPod.  I sure don't have 100 hours to take off work to go through all two 64g sound cards and the internal memory to change all the tagging on every song, or two check all tagging for every song i want to put on the player.  That's insane. If you get your music from places that has it tagged correctly, good for you, if not don't call it sloppy unless it is your full time job and then i pity you.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #5,303 of 7,071
My exact problem.  Thousands of songs that are possibly tagged wrong of not in the right order so in mid concert it doesn't go to the encore and then back to mid concert ect.  The only way to do it is in folders, then things are in order like you have them on your computer or iPod.  I sure don't have 100 hours to take off work to go through all two 64g sound cards and the internal memory to change all the tagging on every song, or two check all tagging for every song i want to put on the player.  That's insane. If you get your music from places that has it tagged correctly, good for you, if not don't call it sloppy unless it is your full time job and then i pity you.

I ran into your problem a few years ago but it wasn't AK related. I wanted to get artwork for every song in my library. You can't approach the task like you are, you have to take it in small steps.

When you are watching TV after dinner or relaxing, pull up your laptop and just start with A and properly tag those files. Then stop. Next time you have down time go do B. Then keep it up and before you know it you'll have them all done. Some days you don't get any, some days you'll get a bunch. But in a month they'll be properly organized and all you have to do is keep up with it as you add stuff.

Tagging is only going to get more important as time goes on so you might as well get it over with.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #5,304 of 7,071
I have to agree. It's made my library so much more organized. I'm extremely picky on how I tag everything. But it pretty much minimizes issues I'd otherwise have on most DAPs I've used.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #5,305 of 7,071
  Check the member's lounge - you can get an AK120 for under a thousand dollars. 

**I don't think it is allowed to post links to sales in the general information threads....

To those who have this DAP - is $965 for one of these a no-brainer???

Hell yes, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than what I paid for it and it's worth every cent.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #5,306 of 7,071
well technically its 17,130 files 305gb of music that has to be retagged.

in all honesty i have no clue how to retag files. if i right click a song and look at all the info its correct, artist,album, ect

it reads like this Wave Sound (.wav)

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #5,307 of 7,071
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #5,308 of 7,071
Unknown Artists/Song Order...etc:  This is almost certainly due to not having your files tagged properly.  I use Kid3 editor,  which has various matching source options to help pull data from the web.  Start with the music you listen to the most, by artist, and work backwards.  Just get it done once and for all and keep up with it!  

Loading Music:  Buy a USB3 Card Reader, then drag and drop your music directly  the card(s); for internal storage, connect the AK120 via USB to you computer and drop your files into the "Music" folder on the AK120.   I personally put my most listened to music directly on the player. Once everything is loaded, do a manual scan and you should be all set.    If you get a lot of unknown artists, you now know why.

Good Luck!

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #5,309 of 7,071
I ran into your problem a few years ago but it wasn't AK related. I wanted to get artwork for every song in my library. You can't approach the task like you are, you have to take it in small steps.

When you are watching TV after dinner or relaxing, pull up your laptop and just start with A and properly tag those files. Then stop. Next time you have down time go do B. Then keep it up and before you know it you'll have them all done. Some days you don't get any, some days you'll get a bunch. But in a month they'll be properly organized and all you have to do is keep up with it as you add stuff.

Tagging is only going to get more important as time goes on so you might as well get it over with.

Problem is by the time i get through the initial group i will have another 5 thousand songs to go through.  I don't just have a set number of old classical tunes or something.  It is ongoing.  Using the file system works fine just have to go through three different sets to find what i am looking for- the two sd cards and music file.

Edit= Just checked and i have somewhere around 25,000 songs plus cd's that are well less than half loaded.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #5,310 of 7,071
Which software do you use with your mac OS ? to manage the music of AK120 ?
all excuse if this question was already replied in other pages

regards
sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back