The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!
Feb 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #2,491 of 3,220
Hi,
I am thinking about install the capacitor inside the ipod, or inside the switchcraft plug,
but no sure how to solder the +/- signal on the capacitor..
Can anybody give me some hints?

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,494 of 3,220
Hi,

I wanna try this with internal caps in a 30gb 5g. I have all I need except a big CF card. So I want to know if i can do this:

Then take the wires outside the ipod, solder some caps on, solder them in a minijack, and I have a redneck diymod? Yes?

Thanks for any quick info on this! I have an eight hour busride tomorrow!

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,495 of 3,220
Any experience DIYmodders out there willing to do one on a 5.5g 80gb iPod and give instructions on how to install a compact flash card if ever needed?

Also does it require a special LOD?

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #2,496 of 3,220

Quote:
[size=x-large]iRiver H140/120 DIY Mod[/size]

And so I decided that my H140 gonna get the same treatment as my modded iPods.

Caps used:
Elna Cerafine 47uf 6.3V (Line Out)
Elna SILMIC II 47uF 16V (Headphone Out)

As you can see I am modding both the Line Out and Headphone Out.
Pics says a thousand words

Mod01.jpg

Reviving an old thread because i'm not sure if this was clarified before, but the above picture is only half right. 

Those caps are line-out and line-in. The headphone out on the h1x0 series has no capacitors in the signal path. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #2,499 of 3,220
Any chance you'd be willing to help out a fellow member with how you did the internal caps? I don't know where to route them. I wanna take my 30 gb iPod 5.5G and put a 128GB SSD and internal caps for ultimate portability. I haven't figured out any way to do this, but I know it has been done. 

EDIT: oh and I would be wanting to accomplish this by use of an 80GB iPod video back, to allow the extra space. 

Quote:
my recent diyimod for a friend using
mundorf silver/ gold wires
internal 22uf/6.3v NX Black Gate 
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2,500 of 3,220
Hello everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I am wondering does anyone know someone who can DIY an imod for me and at what cost.  I have the 5.5g ipod already I just am looking for a cheaper option other than red wine audio.

Thank you 

tink97

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #2,501 of 3,220
I would be interested in finding someone to do this as well, I just want the caps internal, using a 80gb back panel to allow me to keep my hard drive in it/put in an SSD.

Quote:
Hello everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I am wondering does anyone know someone who can DIY an imod for me and at what cost.  I have the 5.5g ipod already I just am looking for a cheaper option other than red wine audio.

Thank you 

tink97

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #2,502 of 3,220
Hi, I have a little time to do a few more mods, depends where you are and what version of the mod is required. I tend to do the tricky 'direct to LOD pin' version because I'm mad :)
I'm in the UK and have done quite a lot of these for friends. I recently did a 128GB CF direct to pins and sold it on here.
I'm sure you can find willing modders in the US as well.....
Cheers
Lee

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #2,503 of 3,220
I'm wondering if anyone has found the diyMods (with Gen 4 Photo) to be somewhat bass light and shallow mid vocals? It seems treble forward and somewhat more sibilant. I'm using the Elna's 6.3V 47uF.

I've got my line-out to the headphone jack instead of of the charging connector if it makes any difference. The only resistors I removed are on the mainboard L/R lineout.

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #2,504 of 3,220
I just completed my internal diymod with silmic iis. I changed out the HD with a Tarkan adapter and CF card (32gb). Switched out to a 80gb back panel and a 1300mah battery. 

Now I know this kind of question has been asked to death but I just wanted to make sure.

Right channel --> cap --> L2
Left Channel --> cap --> L3

Unfortunately, I lifted the L3 pad so I soldered the Left channel instead to the top circle (next to C74 lettering). 

Question 1: Is it okay to have right channel go to L2 while left channel goes to that circle? or do they both have to be on the circles?

Question 2: I've noticed that the bottom part of the front cover (right below the play button & around where the soldered connections would be) is getting warm. Is this normal or did I set up something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back