The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #181 of 2,897
I can summarize all the preceding threads:

Some people love the simplicity / awesome analog sound / found the right pairing.

Others dislike the lack of screen / pickiness of pairing/ price.

Some others are just haters and should shut up.

Charles designed a wonderful object and is a bit of an original in terms of communication, not always for the best. His price hikes seems random and ridiculous but he forces no one to buy.

The Tera pairs very well with some high impedance BA such as the SE5, some dynamic drivers within the FAD range or other brands, and some hybrids such as Tralucent.

It does NOT pair well with most low impedance multi BA, depending on their impedance curve, as the output caps might entail major bass cut off. Miracles and K3003 are to be avoided. And in general an impedance adapter does not help as it just adds impedance into the chain.

The random function does not work well and the algorithm can be improved by sending it back to Charles (who will also improve other minor stuff for free).

I love my stealth Tera and it helps me get all the girls (even though my stunning looks do help).

musicday loves his Tera A LOT and would marry it given the legal possibility.

The Tera is not perfect but has great qualities and still hold his own today vs. the top DAPs.

Everytime I listen to my Tera-Player, I say "WOW!" all over again!

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #183 of 2,897
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #184 of 2,897
I need to hear one of these at some point. Sounds great.
With the right iem...magical. But to me it's the package that is great: small, pretty, simple, great SQ...it's like a small magical box that makes good music...with such a natural sound. It's like there are tiny people singing in there.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #185 of 2,897
With the right iem...magical. But to me it's the package that is great: small, pretty, simple, great SQ...it's like a small magical box that makes good music...with such a natural sound. It's like there are tiny people singing in there.

Hmm... The last sentence was like the last scene in one of the Men in Black series...

But otherwise, absolutely agree with Mimouille. It's been a long time since I've just loaded my favorite music, load up and just enjoy the music without fretting about album art etc.

This is back to basics: pure and unadulterated enjoyment. :)

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #186 of 2,897
After a month of listening the Tera, my AK120 will go away making some other ears happy. It just can't compare. The Tera is so natural, more dynamic, wider and musical that I do not even want to go back to the AK. I've forced myself to make some cpomparative listening, but it is enough for me.

One question: when there is no music, I hear a small, but distinguishable "tac...tac...tac", has it occured to anyone else? My Togo are too sensitive?

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #187 of 2,897
After a month of listening the Tera, my AK120 will go away making some other ears happy. It just can't compare. The Tera is so natural, more dynamic, wider and musical that I do not even want to go back to the AK. I've forced myself to make some cpomparative listening, but it is enough for me.

One question: when there is no music, I hear a small, but distinguishable "tac...tac...tac", has it occured to anyone else? My Togo are too sensitive?

Try to plug the headphones after starting the tera

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #188 of 2,897
I experienced a similar noise with the SD card being the culprit. Try using a different SD card.

[/quote]

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #194 of 2,897

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #195 of 2,897
Mimouille, could you specify how, or in what way the shuffle function doesn't work well? 
For example, i hated the AK100 shuffle function because it just took like 30 songs and repeated them all the time. You had to manually change the song to get another shuffle loop....another very tiny shuffle loop. Made me mad....

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back