The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Sep 3, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #151 of 2,897
This thread is very helpful for new owners.
smily_headphones1.gif
Can I ask a question in respect of combos that doesn't seem to have been explored thus far: what is the synergy of the Tera Player with Final Audio Design iems? Any experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

There were more threads, they all disappeared silently one night...

I tried one of the Heaven range at a meet (it was long ago so I don't remember which model
frown.gif
) and was not impressed but back along people were raving over the gold Piano Forte / Tera combo, but saying it was an acquired taste.  From looking at your signature it seems you have them all so I guess you like them and it's worth a try.  If you don't like it you could always use it with your Tralucents - everyone likes them! 

You didn't ask but it's worth mentioning, the K3003 sound terrible out of the Tera.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #152 of 2,897

I tried one of the Heaven range at a meet (it was long ago so I don't remember which model :frowning2: ) and was not impressed but back along people were raving over the gold Piano Forte / Tera combo, but saying it was an acquired taste.  From looking at your signature it seems you have them all so I guess you like them and it's worth a try.  If you don't like it you could always use it with your Tralucents - everyone likes them! 

You didn't ask but it's worth mentioning, the K3003 sound terrible out of the Tera.

Thanks for your views! Yes, the PFs out of anything would be an acquired taste... :wink:

Ah... The AKGs were at the back of my mind... Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #153 of 2,897

I tried one of the Heaven range at a meet (it was long ago so I don't remember which model
frown.gif
) and was not impressed but back along people were raving over the gold Piano Forte / Tera combo, but saying it was an acquired taste.  From looking at your signature it seems you have them all so I guess you like them and it's worth a try.  If you don't like it you could always use it with your Tralucents - everyone likes them! 

Yes, the K3003's have a low impedance (8 Ohms) and are very sensitive (125 Hz). Equals no bass and sound (IMO) as if there're playing through a tin can with the Tera. Ouch!!!

Should add as a p.s:
that this is with the 'Reference' filter fitted.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #154 of 2,897
Yes, the K3003's have a low impedance (8 Ohms) and are very sensitive (125 Hz). Equals no bass and sound (IMO) as if there're playing through a tin can with the Tera. Ouch!!!

Should add as a p.s:
that this is with the 'Reference' filter fitted.

Thanks! Hmm.. Will try the Final Audio Heaven series and FI-BA-SS in due course as well. :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #155 of 2,897

I tried one of the Heaven range at a meet (it was long ago so I don't remember which model :frowning2: ) and was not impressed but back along people were raving over the gold Piano Forte / Tera combo, but saying it was an acquired taste.  From looking at your signature it seems you have them all so I guess you like them and it's worth a try.  If you don't like it you could always use it with your Tralucents - everyone likes them! 

I am pleased with the performance of my PF-IX and LAB with the Tera despite the low impedance of these phones.

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #156 of 2,897
I am pleased with the performance of my PF-IX and LAB with the Tera despite the low impedance of these phones.

Thanks, HiFlight! I am glad to hear that! :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #157 of 2,897
Thanks for your views! Yes, the PFs out of anything would be an acquired taste...
wink.gif

One that I'm in a way glad I've never had the chance to try - could have been a wallet emptying experience...

I hadn't heard of the LAB so had to have a look - very pretty!  They shouldn't sound good on paper but that just goes to show specs aren't everything
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #158 of 2,897
One that I'm in a way glad I've never had the chance to try - could have been a wallet emptying experience...

I hadn't heard of the LAB so had to have a look - very pretty!  They shouldn't sound good on paper but that just goes to show specs aren't everything :)

Yes, the PFs are very addictive and not for the faint hearted. :) The Lab1 is another one which is lush and addictive.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #159 of 2,897
Great to see some Tera discussion again on here. I have not been keeping up as I am shifting my focus to another hobby for now. Sadly, this means my Tera is up for sale again on here in case anyone is interested. It is still the best source I have ever owned.

Edit: It just sold, so a new Tera owner should be very happy soon.

Thanks for this, Nirmalanow! The Tera has safely arrived at its new home. :) It will be loved and cherished.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #161 of 2,897
Enjoy your Tera Player Kiats and please report if you find any headphones that work really well with it.:)

Thanks, musicday! Do iems count? Happy to report that Final Audio Design's FI-BA-SS sounds spectacular with the Tera: great soundstage and layering. And the details... Breathtaking combo. :)

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #162 of 2,897
I am happy to confirm that the Ref1 and the Lab1 are excellent with the Tera Player. :)

And sadly it is true that the AKG K3003 sounds rather flat... :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #164 of 2,897

Users who are viewing this thread

Back