The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Aug 5, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #272 of 1,380

Quote:
Here ya go: (crappy iPhone pic, sorry)

maybe 5 mm.

If those are the same size as my original SM3 tips, they are between 3-4mm, is that about right bennyboy? Or is the bore on the sensorcom tips even wider than the ones we got with our SM3?

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #273 of 1,380

Yes, thats right - the Sensorcom tips exit hole is 3mm in diameter, and the tips we got with our SM3s are about 3.25-3.5mm in diameter.  Effectively they are a slightly smaller version, but I detect no difference in sound at all, and in fact the Sensorcoms actually give me a better seal in both ears.

For those of you who ordered or received their SM3s recently, if you have grey double flanges, these are NOT the same as the ones that previously shipped or the Sensorcom ones, as their exit hole is about 2mm or so and are a tighter fit on the nozzle.

The grey ones give a darker more constricted sound than the Sensorcoms and although they are ok, I would recommend getting some of the Sensorcoms to squeeze that little bit extra out of the SM3s. Of course, its easy for me to say that, living in the UK with easier access to them than some, so I'd be prepared to order a batch and ship them out if that proves cost effective for you guys.  What do you think?

Quote:
If those are the same size as my original SM3 tips, they are between 3-4mm, is that about right bennyboy? Or is the bore on the sensorcom tips even wider than the ones we got with our SM3?

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #274 of 1,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip> so I'd be prepared to order a batch and ship them out if that proves cost effective for you guys.  What do you think?

I know someone mentioned problems with users creating group buys but if those rules can be overcome or overlooked I'd certainly be in it.
I also think a fair few other members would too. If we could get this to work it would be truly great.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #275 of 1,380
I have just ordered 5 sets of the packs of 6 Sensorcom tips, which will be with me in a couple of days time. So I will have 15 pairs to play with.

Pm me if you are interested in getting hold of one or more pairs of tips.

Edited to add: 3 pairs now spoken for, so 12 left. Grab them while they're hot. I will be posting these early next week once I have received them in.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #276 of 1,380
Only 3 or 4 pairs left now.

Quote:
I have just ordered 5 sets of the packs of 6 Sensorcom tips, which will be with me in a couple of days time. So I will have 15 pairs to play with.

Pm me if you are interested in getting hold of one or more pairs of tips.

Edited to add: 3 pairs now spoken for, so 12 left. Grab them while they're hot. I will be posting these early next week once I have received them in.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #277 of 1,380
All 15 pairs are now accounted for, so have to close for business I'm afraid.  That was quick!

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #279 of 1,380

Quote:
iponderous said:

^ That is a commendable thing that you have done for the Head-Fi community Bennyboy71, and a nice little earner.

No little earner, at least not form the tips I'll be getting from him. The total price quoted only included the tips and shipping. Not sure he even charged for the envelope he'll use and a little extra for the trouble of going to the post office.

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #280 of 1,380
All done at cost my friends, with a little head-fi love thrown in for free,

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #282 of 1,380

Nah, its all cool.  I kinda wish I was ruthless enough to be an Arthur Daley type geezer (look it up if you're not from these parts), instead of a right soft touch, but hey, a leopard can't change his spots and all that.
blink.gif

Quote:
^ It was said in jest. I'm sure you knew that Bennyboy71. Do I really have to start using emoticons for those of you recovering from humour bypass surgery?

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #284 of 1,380
Don'tcha just love the high quality of a Blackberry camera?

Just arrived. No damage outside or in.

Have not even stuck them in my ears... yet.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #285 of 1,380
^^ go ahead stick them in your ears... you know you want to
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back