The all new Continental Dual Mono
Jun 18, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2,311 of 2,712
A quick question to anyone from ALO - assuming they still frequent this forum.

Did you at any point stop shipping these units with a Green Line USB cable, and substitute a more regular variety instead? I am curious, as I recently acquired an ex display unit that apparently "came without" a Green Line cable and had what can only be described as a "normal USB cable instead". Its no big deal, but it would help me understand the how trustworthy the dealer in question was for future reference.

BTW, this is a banging little DAC/Amp - really enjoying it.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #2,312 of 2,712
A quick question to anyone from ALO - assuming they still frequent this forum.

Did you at any point stop shipping these units with a Green Line USB cable, and substitute a more regular variety instead? I am curious, as I recently acquired an ex display unit that apparently "came without" a Green Line cable and had what can only be described as a "normal USB cable instead". Its no big deal, but it would help me understand the how trustworthy the dealer in question was for future reference.

BTW, this is a banging little DAC/Amp - really enjoying it.
I purchased my unit sometime in Sep/Oct 2017; it came without the Green Line USB cable as well. According to my local distributor, only the first few batches came with the aforementioned cable.

And yeah, it is a great amp. Enjoy!

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,315 of 2,712
Thanks for the replies - my faith in humanity has been restored.

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,317 of 2,712
I can’t stress how Amazing the CDM is, I’m rocking the Raytheon CK 6832 Tube’s with my AKG k3003i from my iPad Pro and simply Amazing! I’m lost for words.

Its certainly a keeper as far as I am concerned - I know I'm late to the party - but that's the story of my life!
I did have a PHA3 to connect to my PC, a spot which is now occupied by the CDM. It's been a while, but I don't remember the Sony grabbing my attention in the way the CDM has. I will switch out the stock tubes in a few months, but my now severely depleted audio cash stash needs to replenish a bit first.

Even though some may regard the DAC as being distinctly second tier, I do like the whole package/sound very much. Yes, more capable DACs are around, but there are very few portable packages that appear to be designed in the homogeneous way the CDM appears to have been - and with the CDM's pedigree. One thing I find telling - you very seldom see these things for sale second hand; that in itself speaks volumes.

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #2,318 of 2,712
I just picked up an old model (with glass) used and am using it as an amp connected to my Hugo 2 and Utopias. The sound is fantastic and a real step up from the Hugo 2 alone. I am well pleased although it is not the most cost effective or simple solution. Mine wouldn't work with a iPhone / iPad. I was told by ALO to return it to them for a jumper install so that it would. Seems strange. Has anyone else come across this?

428-C950-D-974-B-408-B-806-C-624-F1-FD38-F81.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #2,319 of 2,712
I just picked up an old model (with glass) used and am using it as an amp connected to my Hugo 2 and Utopias. The sound is fantastic and a real step up from the Hugo 2 alone. I am well pleased although it is not the most cost effective or simple solution. Mine wouldn't work with a iPhone / iPad. I was told by ALO to return it to them for a jumper install so that it would. Seems strange. Has anyone else come across this?

Yes. I had the same experience. I sent it for the jumper install and they returned it promptly

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #2,320 of 2,712

I didn’t know about this since I always use with DAP and never tried with iPhone. I should consider to do the jumper.

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #2,321 of 2,712
Anyone tried Hugo2 + CDM?

Yes. I just picked up a CDM to use with my Hugo 2 and Utopias. Its a fabulous match. Much better to my ears than Hugo alone.

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #2,322 of 2,712

Users who are viewing this thread

Back