The all new Continental Dual Mono
Jul 21, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,326 of 2,712
I bought a continental duo-mono a couple months ago, and the line out wasn’t working so I sent it back for a refund.

The trouble is that I really like the continental, I just wish it was reliable. Have any of you had any trouble with its functioning or needing repairs?
Thx

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #2,327 of 2,712
I bought a continental duo-mono a couple months ago, and the line out wasn’t working so I sent it back for a refund.

The trouble is that I really like the continental, I just wish it was reliable. Have any of you had any trouble with its functioning or needing repairs?
Thx

Not at all, my unit works perfectly. I Iove it to death!

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #2,331 of 2,712
I have RCA 6021. There’s pretty good. Very dynamic and full bodied.

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,332 of 2,712
Hey fellas,

For a home setup and in AMP only mode for a sensitive all BA IEM, which of the two is warmer more tubey sounding?

Woo Audio WA8 or CDM?

No tube rolling, both in low gain and SE 3.5mm output from the SP1000

I’m looking for the tube experience but I’m unsure if I can achieve it with an all BA iem like the VE8 and if so, which of those contenders is the right one?

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,333 of 2,712
Hey fellas,

For a home setup and in AMP only mode for a sensitive all BA IEM, which of the two is warmer more tubey sounding?

Woo Audio WA8 or CDM?

I’m looking for the tube experience but I’m unsure if I can achieve it with an all BA iem like the VE8 and if so, which of those contenders is the right one?

The WA8 is an all tube design and the CDM is a hybrid. That would suggest the WA8 is more 'tubey' sounding, however i have not heard it.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,334 of 2,712
Hey fellas,

Woo Audio WA8 or CDM?

I have listened to WA8 and new CDM but my CDM previous model (with glass) has an excellent SQ even though it is a hybrid amp but does sound more like tubey amp.

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #2,335 of 2,712
I have listened to WA8 and new CDM but my CDM previous model (with glass) has an excellent SQ even though it is a hybrid amp but does sound more like tubey amp.

So which sounds more tubey in your opinion?

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #2,336 of 2,712
Just quietly, fthose interested i have my alo cdm in the classifieds. Putting money into a dap.

God forbid i stop pouring money into this hobby

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #2,338 of 2,712
I don’t own the new CDM and bought the old version by the end of last year basically same price like the new one. However, I like very much the look with glass of the old version and have not heard any noises or hissing sounds from the old one since I bought it.

May I ask, where did you buy the old version? Still have stock?
I love that

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #2,340 of 2,712
i am a newbie to tube amp, may i know what is the difference with cdm limited to the previous glass version please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back