1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The all new Continental Dual Mono

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by kb, Mar 26, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last
  1. fotomeow
    I bought a continental duo-mono a couple months ago, and the line out wasn’t working so I sent it back for a refund.

The trouble is that I really like the continental, I just wish it was reliable. Have any of you had any trouble with its functioning or needing repairs?
    Thx

2. vlach
    Not at all, my unit works perfectly. I Iove it to death!

thecryder likes this.
  3. thecryder
    I use mine 5 days a week 8-10 hours a day at work and it’s been flawless. I also, love it!

4. tracyca
    It’s great to see the CDM gets some love! I love this amp/dac

thecryder likes this.
  5. singleended5863
    Anyone has listened to Mullard 6021 1971 or 1972? How do they sound? I have the old CDM model.

6. ekfc63
    I have RCA 6021. There’s pretty good. Very dynamic and full bodied.

7. beholdclarity
    Hey fellas,

For a home setup and in AMP only mode for a sensitive all BA IEM, which of the two is warmer more tubey sounding?

Woo Audio WA8 or CDM?

No tube rolling, both in low gain and SE 3.5mm output from the SP1000

I’m looking for the tube experience but I’m unsure if I can achieve it with an all BA iem like the VE8 and if so, which of those contenders is the right one?

8. vlach
    The WA8 is an all tube design and the CDM is a hybrid. That would suggest the WA8 is more 'tubey' sounding, however i have not heard it.

9. singleended5863
    I have listened to WA8 and new CDM but my CDM previous model (with glass) has an excellent SQ even though it is a hybrid amp but does sound more like tubey amp.

10. vlach
    So which sounds more tubey in your opinion?

11. thecrow
    Just quietly, fthose interested i have my alo cdm in the classifieds. Putting money into a dap.

God forbid i stop pouring money into this hobby

12. tracyca
    Out of all my gear the CDM & ie800s combo is the best sounding to my ears! I just love this combo, top to bottom everything just sounds Amazing!

13. Kelvin99999
    May I ask, where did you buy the old version? Still have stock?
    I love that

14. singleended5863
    I bought it when they have the rest of old stock of ALO Audio deals before they have new products which have no glasses.

15. choisan
    i am a newbie to tube amp, may i know what is the difference with cdm limited to the previous glass version please?

First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last