The all new Continental Dual Mono
Feb 25, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,297 of 2,717
Quick question (and I suspect I already know the answer, but heyho....)

I am the very contented owner of the Continental V2 and love the tube sound I get from it. I do find it a little noisy with low impedance cans and iems, but other than that it's a gorgeous amp.

I've been eyeing up both the CDM and the Cv5, and wondered, is there a very substantial improvement in SQ and performance compared to the V2?

If anyone's had experience of two or even all three of these amps, I'd much appreciate your thoughts!

Feb 25, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #2,298 of 2,717
Quick question (and I suspect I already know the answer, but heyho....)

I am the very contented owner of the Continental V2 and love the tube sound I get from it. I do find it a little noisy with low impedance cans and iems, but other than that it's a gorgeous amp.

I've been eyeing up both the CDM and the Cv5, and wondered, is there a very substantial improvement in SQ and performance compared to the V2?

If anyone's had experience of two or even all three of these amps, I'd much appreciate your thoughts!

I don’t own the new CDM and bought the old version by the end of last year basically same price like the new one. However, I like very much the look with glass of the old version and have not heard any noises or hissing sounds from the old one since I bought it.

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #2,309 of 2,717
Relaxing with the iPad Pro & CDM + IE 800s, nothing like tubes! Tong sol 6111 tubes from 1958 great sonics!

hey, I just received my CDM. The stock Philips 6111a's, and ordered a pair of the sonotone's as well.

how would you describe the sound quality/attributes of the Tung Sol 6111's?

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,310 of 2,717
where can I find mullard or sonotone I've been looking for a few weeks?

The Sonotone's are in Stock at ALO right now!

They are rarer than hens teeth by now.

Probably, but with tubes, they seem to always be lurking somewhere, just need a determined buyer!
cuz I want a pair of those Mullard 6112's as well :fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back