The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
Sep 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #107 of 268
Quote:
accudio has a buffer adjustment..  use the little gear option button and then the "etc" button.  this should solve the buffer issue. 

Been there, done that, and it's still slow when buffering ALAC tracks. Meh, I kinda quit on Accudio a few months ago. I only kept it on my iPod for fun.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #108 of 268
Quote:
Been there, done that, and it's still slow when buffering ALAC tracks. Meh, I kinda quit on Accudio a few months ago. I only kept it on my iPod for fun.

i too dont use it anymore, just becuase i only really ever use my clip zip, but i never remember having this issue.. maybe you had other issues happening, like too many apps open at once, or just a bad download...  

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #109 of 268
Quote:
i too dont use it anymore, just becuase i only really ever use my clip zip, but i never remember having this issue.. maybe you had other issues happening, like too many apps open at once, or just a bad download...  

Know this: I never have more than 4 apps open at once. Never. So, the problem could most likely be the hardware. Besides, this thing's far too outdated.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #112 of 268
It's got the best implemented custom EQ I've ever encountered though. Select the centre frequency and the width of the curve, and it creates one on top of another with perfect precision. Way better than EQs where you have to draw using your fingers - it's impossible to be accurate.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #113 of 268
It's got the best implemented custom EQ I've ever encountered though. Select the centre frequency and the width of the curve, and it creates one on top of another with perfect precision. Way better than EQs where you have to draw using your fingers - it's impossible to be accurate.

+1 to that. From the looks of Accudio's Custom EQ, it seems that it functions like a parametric equalizer. Honestly, I find it to be way easier to control than the VST plugin Electri-Q, which used to be a paid-only version with quite a high price tag. The EQ curve is also eaiser to manage because all you have to input is numbers.

I really wish someone would program an EQ with a similar input method; I'm getting f'in tired of trying to get an Electri-Q setting right.

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #114 of 268
Hey everybody,

anybody here with a pair of q-jays using the accudio app? If so, can you confirm that to your ears the Beyerdynamic T-90 simulation improves the sound a lot?
I've been playing around with the EQ as well as some other simulations, but it seems that the T-90 sim gets the most out of the q-jays. Certainly not in a "hi-fi" way, but everything sounds so much more open and clear with a very clean and tight bass fundament. To a point where I don't wanna listen to anything anymore without the app (which is kinda bad considering I usually use my ipod classic while being on the road...)

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #116 of 268
I have the paid version of this apps, somehow everytime I open the application, it asked me to select the reference earphone / headphone ?
why is that ? since I'm using Westone W4R and Hifiman HE-500 should I just ignore it or select the same name ?:)

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #117 of 268
  I have the free version of this app and it keeps opening this URL (in Safari) whenever I press play. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, the same thing happens to me too.

I have the paid version of this apps, somehow everytime I open the application, it asked me to select the reference earphone / headphone ?
why is that ? since I'm using Westone W4R and Hifiman HE-500 should I just ignore it or select the same name ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably a bug. I have the free version and I get that every time too. I have NO headphone profiles installed at all, and it tells me to select one, but then I can't because it also thinks that I've installed one already. Annoying. I thought that the paid one would be better but according to what you said, probably not.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #118 of 268
I love this app as it makes my music sounds incredibly good.

I do have a major problem after the new iOS 7 update though....

After I updated my iPhone to iOS 7, due to the new (improved?) feature of the native music app, music stored on iCloud (but not in my iPhone) were shown by the Accudio App as well.

This is a major problem as I cannot shuffle the songs, and I have to remember what music I have got on my iPhone before I play them through the App, otherwise the app will clash as the file was NOT stored in my iPhone.

Is there anyone else who suffers from the same problem? This is quite frustrating as this is one of the best music playing app I have ever used!

I hope this problem can be fixed soon....................

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #119 of 268
  I love this app as it makes my music sounds incredibly good.

I do have a major problem after the new iOS 7 update though....

After I updated my iPhone to iOS 7, due to the new (improved?) feature of the native music app, music stored on iCloud (but not in my iPhone) were shown by the Accudio App as well.

This is a major problem as I cannot shuffle the songs, and I have to remember what music I have got on my iPhone before I play them through the App, otherwise the app will clash as the file was NOT stored in my iPhone.

Is there anyone else who suffers from the same problem? This is quite frustrating as this is one of the best music playing app I have ever used!

I hope this problem can be fixed soon....................

I don't have any music in my iCloud so I'm not sure how that works, but when you go to each category in Accudio, for example Songs, or Artist, there are two tabs, one for Local and one for iPod. Do your iCloud songs show up in the Local tab or the iPod tab? If it shows up in the Local tab, you can shuffle only the iPod tab to exclude them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back