TGXEAR discussion thread.
Mar 31, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #1,831 of 1,851
I've rolled a substancial amount of amps with earbuds but I am blown away with this combo:

IMG_2429.jpeg

IBasso PB5 Osprey -> R6P2 -> Desolation Black Sound

DS is a reference tuned TGX set. PB5 adds bass quantity bringing it near SBs levels. Theres now a healthy amount of mid bass slam, this euphonic glow added to the mids. Vocals / instruments sound effortless and natural yet dynamic and textured. The nutubes expands the stage further (especially the depth) and the layering becomes more holographic. To date I haven't heard an earbud sound this resolving and balanced. A step closer towards realism. This is end game flat head sound.
How do you like the Osprey? I kind of miss the C9 that I had.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #1,834 of 1,851
howdy! anyone got more info on the upcoming Tantalus 2? i don't wanna bother Jim again lol

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #1,838 of 1,851
Serratus and Ripples for me. They are a yin and Yang to everything I can throw at them
I agree. Also, nice to hear Ripples mention. All too often I feel like Ripples seems under-appreciated. I love that tone and timbre. I hear it instantly when I listen to something orchestral.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #1,839 of 1,851
I just bought my first Tgxear bud off of the classifieds - a Tantalus. Plugged into my ADI-2, I'm shocked at how competitive it is with my HD800S and Ampsandsound Leeloo tube amp ($2k new, successor to the ZMF Pendant) combination. Now I have to resist the urge to immediately try all the other Tgxear buds :)

One question, does anyone use their earbuds with tube amps? The Leeloo is a SET amp with a high impedance output and very low background noise, but the Tantalus sounds markedly worse with it (restricted and congested) than with the solid state ADI-2. Do any of the Tgxear buds work well with tube amps?

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #1,840 of 1,851
Got my Revelsoke a few weeks ago, my first earbuds. However, I have a question for you guys, how can you make the TGXear earbuds stay in your ears? My question seems to be stupid, but in the past weeks, I have tried many different way, but the earbuds is still collecting dust since I cannot wear them.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #1,841 of 1,851
Got my Revelsoke a few weeks ago, my first earbuds. However, I have a question for you guys, how can you make the TGXear earbuds stay in your ears? My question seems to be stupid, but in the past weeks, I have tried many different way, but the earbuds is still collecting dust since I cannot wear them.
You may try the included silicone rings underneath the medium density foam.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #1,842 of 1,851
I just bought my first Tgxear bud off of the classifieds - a Tantalus. Plugged into my ADI-2, I'm shocked at how competitive it is with my HD800S and Ampsandsound Leeloo tube amp ($2k new, successor to the ZMF Pendant) combination. Now I have to resist the urge to immediately try all the other Tgxear buds :)

One question, does anyone use their earbuds with tube amps? The Leeloo is a SET amp with a high impedance output and very low background noise, but the Tantalus sounds markedly worse with it (restricted and congested) than with the solid state ADI-2. Do any of the Tgxear buds work well with tube amps?
I don't have a tantalus, but I have other TGX buds (you can see in my signature) and with the iBasso PB5 (Korg Nutube 6P1), the Ripples and Desolation Sound both sound best. The effect of the warmth and analog texture is magic and elevates both of them to new levels. The Revelstoke and Serratus I still prefer with other sources (for example, the Revy sounded best to me from a N7 in class A mode, and I like to listen to Serratus on a Q5K with no EQ), but to be honest, I have not listened to them extensively on the PB5 yet.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #1,843 of 1,851
You may try the included silicone rings underneath the medium density foam.
It seems that I have overlooked or missed something, I did not find density foam, or silicone rings. I have to search for them.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #1,844 of 1,851
It seems that I have overlooked or missed something, I did not find density foam, or silicone rings. I have to search for them.

I have to put silicone rings under foam for them to fit my large ears. It's worth it though.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #1,845 of 1,851
You can find them on AliExpress. If you bought directly from Jim, you may want to reach out and see if he's willing to send you some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back