Tennmak
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #61 of 1,026
I've been jogging with all three of the Piano, Banjo, and Pro, and they are all very comfortable for jogging and extended wear. However, they don't advertise water or sweat resistance, so I'm not likely to jog with them often for that reason.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #62 of 1,026
  I've been jogging with all three of the Piano, Banjo, and Pro, and they are all very comfortable for jogging and extended wear. However, they don't advertise water or sweat resistance, so I'm not likely to jog with them often for that reason.

I was interested in the Pro but according to Paulpark they're lighter on bass than the Piano and I don't think I want to go in that direction.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #63 of 1,026
  I was interested in the Pro but according to Paulpark they're lighter on bass than the Piano and I don't think I want to go in that direction.

Yes, they are even lighter on bass than the LZ Z03A. A beautiful prominent midrange, but I wouldn't recommend to someone unless they were willing to do an EQ bass boost. They sound like how people describe the Hifiman RE400, but I haven't heard that one.

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #64 of 1,026
Hi Paul, thank you for your share. I am planing to buy a tennmak earphone. I am in place between pro and IE800. I like v shape and natural sound. I have been using re-600 since three mouths. I like sound signature of it, but bass level and size is not enough for me. Could you help me to decide correct ear phone?

Cheers, 

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #65 of 1,026
  Hi Paul, thank you for your share. I am planing to buy a tennmak earphone. I am in place between pro and IE800. I like v shape and natural sound. I have been using re-600 since three mouths. I like sound signature of it, but bass level and size is not enough for me. Could you help me to decide correct ear phone?

Cheers, 

Tennmak Dulcimer - V-shape FR, nice for metall, pop, EBM, hip-hop.
Tennmak DIY IE800 - warm, slow and pushed on the high-mid, good for classic, jazz, female vocal.

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #66 of 1,026

Cheers, 

Cheers, 

Hi, i haven't tried that earphone but according to your preference I don't recommend neither Pro or Ie800. Pro's bass amount probably won't be enough for you and ie800 got some "coloring" on the sound which makes it fun to listen but have a little bit of unnatural feeling. I recommend you to go for the Piano. If you like a booming bass go for Banjo. Hope this helped :)

Cheers,
Paul

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #67 of 1,026
Hi, i haven't tried that earphone but according to your preference I don't recommend neither Pro or Ie800. Pro's bass amount probably won't be enough for you and ie800 got some "coloring" on the sound which makes it fun to listen but have a little bit of unnatural feeling. I recommend you to go for the Piano. If you like a booming bass go for Banjo. Hope this helped
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Paul

Banjo hasn't "booming bass". Banjo has reinforced the middle.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #68 of 1,026
Banjo hasn't "booming bass". Banjo has reinforced the middle.
banjo is tip-dependent. Using the whirlwind tip makes mid&treble to sound better. Using the stock silicon tip makes the sound almost identical to Dulcimer which makes the bass booming. Of course, everybody have a different view of bass amount.

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #70 of 1,026
banjo is tip-dependent. Using the whirlwind tip makes mid&treble to sound better. Using the stock silicon tip makes the sound almost identical to Dulcimer which makes the bass booming. Of course, everybody have a different view of bass amount.

Wreally? Original Banjo's white soft eartips cannot do Dulcimer from Banjo, they reinforce the bass a little and make it thick. It's all.

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #73 of 1,026
I have the Tennmak Dulcimer.  It sounds a little thin at times but it's surprisingly good for it's price (especially if you snag it on sale).  It's as good or better than some of the KZ earphones I also picked up on the cheap.  Definitely a decent option if you're looking for a cheap bang-for-buck IEM.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #74 of 1,026
i fully concur--the dulcimer is quite exceptional. i like my kzs--they're good cheap fun--but the dulcimer is much more refined and natural-sounding throughout the spectrum, without the artifically-boosted "consumer-oriented" signature of most of its peers. as you state, the mids are a bit recessed, but it's very accurate; it really does sound like a much more expensive iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back