Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #571 of 645
My two best partners for HD650 😊👌 superb combination. V3 is very musical and immersive sounding when paired with my additional amplifier for headphones 😊🎧🎶

Attachments

• 20240308_164925.jpg
    20240308_164925.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #572 of 645
Just stumbled across the Tempotec V3 recently and I am seriously thinking about adding it to my shopping list. It's kind of like if the Shanling M1S and the hiby R3 II had a baby it would be the V3! I am looking at everything from the Hiby R3 II to the RS2, R5 gen2 and the M1S.

The V3 could replace the R3 II on my list if indeed it does sound better than the R3 II as many seem to think it does. Hopefully by Black Friday my go to date for my next DAP the V3 will get some more attention. I would love to find some comparisons between the M1S, R3 II and this V3 mostly for sound quality. There are a few comparing it to the R3 II but not the M1S.
M1S is worst than the R3ii and the V3. But I don't know how R3ii sounds, so may it be according preferences to choose between these two.

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #573 of 645
Has anyone successfully ordered the V3-D not going the Taobao-forwarding route?

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #574 of 645
M1S is worst than the R3ii and the V3. But I don't know how R3ii sounds, so may it be according preferences to choose between these two.
I don't believe in saying best or worst just sounds different. Given the hardware in the M1S and Shanling's experience making audio gear I can't imagine it sounds worse. I am looking for a DAP that pairs well with my warm sounding headphones and from the reviews some say the M1S does not match well with warm sounding headphones.

The M1S is certainly the most expensive of the 3 with the V3 falling in the middle. This makes it a pretty safe choice if it is a step up in sound quality from the R3 II which it seems to be based on reviews. I have owned Shanling DAP's before but never Hiby or Tempotec. I will keep following the threads for the next few months and then decide. The V3 is the newest model of the 3 so hopefully there will be more reviews coming on it.

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #582 of 645
yep worked with another sd card tho it had loads of files,
thanks for quick help one and all, basically wanted to try the dap with the amazing Utsusemi amp
The 0.4 was not bad, just flat, very flat. The 1.0 gives it personality. Both are ok according tastes.
I think that the problem was that the previous version didn't recognize all SD formats. The new firmware already do it. Enjoy it!

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #584 of 645
problem it hisses with the amp unfortunately, cheap internals i guess
Mine does not hiss with any external amplifier that I've tried, oppositely - I think that when V3 is connected to an external amp, it helps to reveal its AKM DAC sweet sound and musicality even more, and sound become even higher quality/price ratio. One of the best daps that I've ever had according to price/sound quality. Very happy with my V3, enjoying music with my big headphones when connected to an external amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back