Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 14, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #541 of 655
here's my initial impressions on R3 II compared to v3 it has much better build quality atleast on the outside it sounds good but how to describe it's very flat v3 is much more fun to listen to especially when it comes to RnB, Rap and so on for Classic music maybe R3 II will be the better choice v3 is slightly more powerful especially after v1.0 update
in short if you use it for IEMs only and you have one of them you don't need to get the other one
i will probably add more after i have more time to properly compare them

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #542 of 655
here's my initial impressions on R3 II compared to v3 it has much better build quality atleast on the outside it sounds good but how to describe it's very flat v3 is much more fun to listen to especially when it comes to RnB, Rap and so on for Classic music maybe R3 II will be the better choice v3 is slightly more powerful especially after v1.0 update
in short if you use it for IEMs only and you have one of them you don't need to get the other one
i will probably add more after i have more time to properly compare them
Would you say that R3ii is flat as was V3 or less before the update to 1.0? Personally I liked it how "pure" it was, but is no bad now. Just other profile more tolerable for ears haha

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #543 of 655
Would you say that R3ii is flat as was V3 or less before the update to 1.0? Personally I liked it how "pure" it was, but is no bad now. Just other profile more tolerable for ears haha
yes it was exactly like v3 before 1.0 update
but now after more time with R3 ii don't know if it's my imagination cause i don't believe in burn-in but now it sounds much more like v3 after update 1.0 much more fun and i did some AB on 3.5mm and now they sound almost the same
all i can say both are excellent daps i really like them they are perfect for what i need and i'm keeping them both

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #544 of 655
Using BAL phone out high gain at ~57-65% volume from V3
Hi, can you test it with the 4.4mm line out mode too? I am considering getting v3 just to feed my portable external amp using line out. It fills a lot of my requirements - 4.4mm LO, dual AKM, non Android, great battery life while being compact. I don't care about the inbuilt amplification and on paper, this just seems right.

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #545 of 655
Hi, can you test it with the 4.4mm line out mode too? I am considering getting v3 just to feed my portable external amp using line out. It fills a lot of my requirements - 4.4mm LO, dual AKM, non Android, great battery life while being compact. I don't care about the inbuilt amplification and on paper, this just seems right.
I tested LO 4.4 and with GAD ADV V3 outputs to high volume, so I can't use it with GAD ADV on LO mode. For me it is better to use PO mode. Better volume control from bottom to top.

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #547 of 655
Really impressive sounding V3 3.5mm -> Douk U3 + Burson V6 -> HD650

Full, powerful, sweet sound with wide stage and sweet vocals. I'm really impressed how good V3 sounds for its price, especially when using with external amplifiers... 👌

Attachments

• 20240217_183951.jpg
    20240217_183951.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240217_173222.jpg
    20240217_173222.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #550 of 655
Hello to all.

Here is my humble opinion on this remarkable DAP, the Tempotec V3.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-v3.27011/reviews#review-33043

Esta es la review que estaba esperando. Gracias por la información detallada. Tempotec anunció que el V3 iba a ser idéntico en sonido al V6, ahora sé que no es verdad. Pero las mejoras que recibió con la actualización 1.0 fueron generosas, cambiando el perfil de sonido y ajustando detalles.
Ojalá que Tempotec no lo deje como un producto acabado y siga esmerándose en pulir a este pequeño para sacarle su máximo provecho.
Yo siento que la separación de frecuencias era mejor en las versiones inferiores a 1.0, dejando un escenario sonoro más claro, amplio y mucho más plano (que esto último molestó a la gran mayoría). Con la 1.0, los altos se fueron atrás, los bajos son prominentes, pero no tanto como los medios. Tal vez a eso se deba su congestionamiento. Es mera percepción mía...
Muchas gracias por la review.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #551 of 655
Esta es la review que estaba esperando. Gracias por la información detallada. Tempotec anunció que el V3 iba a ser idéntico en sonido al V6, ahora sé que no es verdad. Pero las mejoras que recibió con la actualización 1.0 fueron generosas, cambiando el perfil de sonido y ajustando detalles.
Ojalá que Tempotec no lo deje como un producto acabado y siga esmerándose en pulir a este pequeño para sacarle su máximo provecho.
Yo siento que la separación de frecuencias era mejor en las versiones inferiores a 1.0, dejando un escenario sonoro más claro, amplio y mucho más plano (que esto último molestó a la gran mayoría). Con la 1.0, los altos se fueron atrás, los bajos son prominentes, pero no tanto como los medios. Tal vez a eso se deba su congestionamiento. Es mera percepción mía...
Muchas gracias por la review.
When I received it I really liked it with firmware v0.3. With the firmware change to v1.0 is when I made the comparisons with the V6 and the HiBy R3 Pro that I own. I can't really say for sure that the sound has changed between firmwares. But I can say that it doesn't have the refinement of the V6. If Tempotec claims that the V3 should have the same sound quality as the V6, this DAP would be totally obsolete. In my opinion, it wouldn't make sense to spend $100 more just to have separate line outputs, a bigger size, Android OS (although not very new either), among other things.
The V6 makes sense because it is better sound-wise.

Another thing is that the V6 also switched to three gain levels. I don't know if this also increased its power, because when I made the measurements it only had 2 gain levels, with the previous firmware.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #552 of 655
When I received it I really liked it with firmware v0.3. With the firmware change to v1.0 is when I made the comparisons with the V6 and the HiBy R3 Pro that I own. I can't really say for sure that the sound has changed between firmwares. But I can say that it doesn't have the refinement of the V6. If Tempotec claims that the V3 should have the same sound quality as the V6, this DAP would be totally obsolete. In my opinion, it wouldn't make sense to spend $100 more just to have separate line outputs, a bigger size, Android OS (although not very new either), among other things.

Another thing is that the V6 also switched to three gain levels. I don't know if this also increased its power, because when I made the measurements it only had 2 gain levels, with the previous firmware.
This is what they told me then. I thought that V3 was a mini V6. I bought it for the only reason it has no android. Is not bad and I like it, but Tempotec is not transparent enough. The person who answered me just copied and pasted his/her last answer hahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_200527_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_200527_AliExpress.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240219_200552_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_200552_AliExpress.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #553 of 655

Just wanted to say, Android OS is garbage for any audio purposes.
So for a purist audio approach- only V3 is a viable option.
I can’t wait till all audio companies will start implementing Linux on most devices. Windows/Android is not viable option for audio.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #554 of 655
Just wanted to say, Android OS is garbage for any audio purposes.
So for a purist audio approach- only V3 is a viable option.
I can’t wait till all audio companies will start implementing Linux on most devices. Windows/Android is not viable option for audio.

Why's that? Most of the devices written about on head-fi have versions of Android where it's limitations, such as resampling all audio to 24-bit/48Khz, are bypassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back