Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #511 of 655
Really great combination of V3 on mid gain 4.4 out with GAD ADV portable mini tube amp. Very powerful for any headphones 👍

Attachments

• 20240207_141812.jpg
    20240207_141812.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #513 of 655
Any plans to add different streaming platforms such as Spotify?

Spotify generally won't allow 3rd-party apps. It's unlikely HiBy's software team will invest any time in cracking their code. Don't know about the others.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #517 of 655
V3 can drive HD800S pretty well! with high gain 4.4 it sounds nice and powerful enough to my big surprise! And with GAD ADV portable tube amp 4.4 in/out it plays with authority! 👍

V3 for its money and sound quality is the the best portable DAP for sure! 👍👍👍musical and quite powerful!

Attachments

• 20240210_080821.jpg
    20240210_080821.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 10, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #518 of 655
V3 can drive HD800S pretty well! with high gain 4.4 it sounds nice and powerful enough to my big surprise! And with GAD ADV portable tube amp 4.4 in/out it plays with authority! 👍

V3 for its money and sound quality is the the best portable DAP for sure! 👍👍👍musical and quite powerful!
With the ADV, are you using the V3 in bal. line out, or bal. headphones out mode?

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #519 of 655
My V3 died overnight, battery completely empty. Well, actually it was over 2d, but I’m sure when I shut it down, it was well over 80% charge.

I have had the same issue with my Hiby R2-II—but not my R3-II (yet?)—and I was not the only one to experience the issue, see R2 thread.
If it’s anything like the R2-II, it may happen only once… ever! So, not too worry about it.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #520 of 655
My V3 died overnight, battery completely empty. Well, actually it was over 2d, but I’m sure when I shut it down, it was well over 80% charge.

I have had the same issue with my Hiby R2-II—but not my R3-II (yet?)—and I was not the only one to experience the issue, see R2 thread.
If it’s anything like the R2-II, it may happen only once… ever! So, not too worry about it.
so you mean the battery was completely drained but the device still works and charges after this

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #522 of 655

I've seen that Hiby OS has a lot of common errors. I was watching a review of the Hidisz AP 80 PRO X when it was released and was told that it couldn't load all music files, just like (tarararan) our V3 in the first firmware version. Also, the first update of the R3ii was optimized the battery duration. So hope Tempotec still works for making the V3 a finished product.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #523 of 655
I've seen that Hiby OS has a lot of common errors. I was watching a review of the Hidisz AP 80 PRO X when it was released and was told that it couldn't load all music files, just like (tarararan) our V3 in the first firmware version. Also, the first update of the R3ii optimized battery duration. So hope Tempotec still works for making the V3 a finished product.
Yes, Hiby OS does have bugs, and I have been successful at crashing it a few times. I’ll be the first one to complain that Hiby is too slow to fix these things.
That being said, in my own experience, it is pretty robust, with a lot of well-thought features, and it works well. Just my opinion… :ksc75smile:

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #524 of 655
well they fixed some bugs with v1.0 and even unlocked more power with 3th gain setting plus i think it sounds a little better or maybe it's my imagination and from what i've seen with other devices using Hiby OS this is the most we can get i don't think there will be any more updates or at most one more but i'm not holding my breath but v3 is pretty sweet as it is now with 1.0 update so i'm definitely happy with me purchase can't wait to compare it with R3 II when it arrives

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #525 of 655
Yes, Hiby OS does have bugs, and I have been successful at crashing it a few times. I’ll be the first one to complain that Hiby is too slow to fix these things.
That being said, in my own experience, it is pretty robust, with a lot of well-thought features, and it works well. Just my opinion… :ksc75smile:
It is good. There are no much OSs only made for players haha but still needs support for all devices which use it.
well they fixed some bugs with v1.0 and even unlocked more power with 3th gain setting plus i think it sounds a little better or maybe it's my imagination and from what i've seen with other devices using Hiby OS this is the most we can get i don't think there will be any more updates or at most one more but i'm not holding my breath but v3 is pretty sweet as it is now with 1.0 update so i'm definitely happy with me purchase can't wait to compare it with R3 II when it arrives
Tell us how is it against the R3ii. I'm pretty sure it is not as good as the V3 because it has better hardware. With 0.X version, V3 was neutral, clean and flat, but with a very big scenario. With the new 1.0 is a more musical full bodied warm profile with special emphasis on the middles. Both are great, but now I feel it has less soundstage... Is my perception using Fiio FD5, FH7S, KZ Castor Bass, ZS 10 Pro X and TRN conch. Pretty basics my things 😅

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back