Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 4, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #496 of 645
Now,after fw updating it's great...not perfect. The audio file visibility is still not 100% but for a v1.0 it's acceptable i guess. I also had 1 single screen freeze event since the update.

Overall amazing value device: fabulous sound quality, built like a tank, simple and intuitive OS and UI, good touch screen, decent battery life.

For someone who has a big flac/mp3 library and wants to use it mostly with IEMs ... it's fantastic. I couldn't have asked for more .
Even those with kilobuck DAPs should probably get one as a worry free - take anywhere- secondary player .

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #497 of 645
Apparently, all the filters work properly now. On the 4PDA thread, there's measurement for impulse reponses of the various filters.

Default seems to be Short Delay Sharp Roll-off for this AKM DAC (which was labelled as Sharp Roll-off in 0.0.4 and before, and both options were of the same filter)

My only other wish for HibyOS is the addition of parametric EQ... Probably will never see it in this budget segment, but a man can dream. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #499 of 645
My only other wish for HibyOS is the addition of parametric EQ... Probably will never see it in this budget segment, but a man can dream. :sweat_smile:
yes PEQ should be a basic feature for any dap or dac amp but something with more then just 10 bands 20 or 30 will be great and i don't see why they don't just add PEQ it would add more value to the any dap with hiby os

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #500 of 645
yes PEQ should be a basic feature for any dap or dac amp but something with more then just 10 bands 20 or 30 will be great and i don't see why they don't just add PEQ it would add more value to the any dap with hiby os
Although I agree it would be great… the R2/R3/V3 (and Shanling M0/M1S) don’t have a HW DSP. So the EQ and MSEB are mostly SW-based, and adding a 30-bands PEQ would be inevitably limited by the CPU processing power.
The solution: a more powerful CPU, a more capable OS, e.g. Android… Oh, we’re just re-inventing the V6 (or R5-II on HiBy side)… :ksc75smile:

Side note: in my experience, if you need more than 5-6 PEQ filters (not talking about GEQ), either you do something wrong (or sub-optimal), or you should trash these headphones/IEMs…

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #501 of 645
Windows. All songs in a single folder there right now

I collect whole albums, usually ripped CDs. I use MusicBee for synchronizing to my connected devices. My organization using tags is:

Music\<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>

So, on the disk the first song looks like this:

Music\Pink Floyd\1973 - Dark Side Of The Moon\01 Pink Floyd Speak To Me.dsf

Here's a screen shot of MusicBee's setting for my Walkman device:

MusicBee Walkman Settings.jpg

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #502 of 645
Hope they fix the OTA firmware update soon as the file cannot be opened/extracted by my Mac

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #505 of 645
Got it now,.....doh!:rolling_eyes:

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #506 of 645
A digital transport version with no DAC. Like the xDuoo X10T II. Nice.
I'm a bit out of the loop, but is there any other alternative to the V3-D and X10T II on the market right now?

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #507 of 645
I'm a bit out of the loop, but is there any other alternative to the V3-D and X10T II on the market right now?
I'll probably get the V3-D when it becomes available. Especially certain if it has the same PEQ as the Variations V6.

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #508 of 645
-

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-04 6.18.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 6.18.19 PM.png
    703.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #509 of 645
I'm currently looking for a budget dap, since my Sony NWA-105 is getting a bit long in the tooth and feels seriously underpowered sometimes, and this one looks interesting.
Now if only the sellers I found on AX weren't charging way too much for shipping, that'd be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back