Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #482 of 645
i just ordered R3 II and Tempotec fixed almost all issues with v3 plus now it's even more powerful then before cause of the added medium gain option which is the old high gain and now high gain is one additional gain step and it sounds a little better then before too
now v3 is exactly what i want from a non Android dap i'm really glad i got this little thing hope they keep supporting it but i guess this is just too much to ask 😂

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #483 of 645
i just ordered R3 II and Tempotec fixed almost all issues with v3 plus now it's even more powerful then before cause of the added medium gain option which is the old high gain and now high gain is one additional gain step and it sounds a little better then before too
now v3 is exactly what i want from a non Android dap i'm really glad i got this little thing hope they keep supporting it but i guess this is just too much to ask 😂
Tell us how V3 sounds against the R3ii when it arrives!

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #485 of 645
I'm quite happy with this new 1.0 update - it has fixed most of issues 😊

Now my micro SD card shows all folders that were missing before update.

Really like that they added additional digital filters in music settings menu 😊
My favourite filter is "Short Delay Sharp Roll-off".

I think that Tidal online music quality has also increased 🤔

My favourite album that sounds really nice on V3: "Musica Nuda - Live à FIP" 👌👌👌

Attachments

• 20240203_161804.jpg
    20240203_161804.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #486 of 645
Same when I did my update with my 512g sd card. I updated it successfully when I switched to a 16g sd. I guess the format of the SD card may be an important factor in the update process.

You're right. Middles and highs changed. Now sounds more "warm", sweet and harmonic. Personally I don't like much the profile, reminds me my Fiio DAPs, but also is more tolerable for ears. Now it is less analytical, with less impact on the music. Hope Tempotec will find a distinctive character for V3...
Oh my, i don't want it to be less analytical tho..

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #487 of 645
A dump question, does it run on Android or just Hiby OS? I would love to include streaming services as well.

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #488 of 645
Well, you could take some time and just check it yourself, cause it's been mentioned here a couple of times.

TempoTec V3 runs on a HiBy OS and is capable of somewhat limited streaming from Tidal and Qobuz.
Some people had luck with a few internet radios, but that's that.

No way to run Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, etc. or sideload any apps.

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #490 of 645
I think that V3 is the best choice on the DAP market regarding its sound, price and wide functionality. For this price you can get only new dongle or cheap dac/amp.

The last inexpensive DAP that I owned was Ibasso DX160, which was twice of the V3 price. I could not say that it was clearly better. Nowadays many Chi-fi manufacturers make a lot of highly overpriced daps. There are only few that are worth to buy regarding the price and V3 is among them for sure in imho.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #491 of 645
I think that V3 is the best choice on the DAP market regarding its sound, price and wide functionality. For this price you can get only new dongle or cheap dac/amp.

The last inexpensive DAP that I owned was Ibasso DX160, which was twice of the V3 price. I could not say that it was clearly better. Nowadays many Chi-fi manufacturers make a lot of highly overpriced daps. There are only few that ar worth to buy regarding the price and V3 is among them in imho.
There are some others unknown DAPs out there like the Zishan Z5 which cost the same and has interesting specs. But V3 sounds really good. I've never tried R3ii or M1S which are in the same range price, but when I compare the sound of the Tempotec against my M11 LTD, is really impressive how near is of it with this las update. Even I can say it feels more defined by having the instruments closer, but with less soundstage. Hope someone can do a fair comparison with the competition.

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #492 of 645
Zishan has build quality issue..so Tempotec is my last hope.

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #493 of 645
This may be a silly question, but I've never had a dedicated dap. When putting my music onto the micro sd card, is there a certain way folders need to be able to setup with the music files in order to sort by artist, album, etc...

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #494 of 645
This may be a silly question, but I've never had a dedicated dap. When putting my music onto the micro sd card, is there a certain way folders need to be able to setup with the music files in order to sort by artist, album, etc...

How do you have them organized on your computer?

What is the operating system on your computer?

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #495 of 645
If your tracks have the proper metadata, then you can simply browse by Artists, Albums etc and play through the tracks accordingly on the player itself. It would work even if you were to dump all tracks in the player's root directory without organising them in folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back