Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #468 of 645
1000175468.jpg

Here all the changes of the update 1.0 for V3

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #472 of 645
I'm not understanding this. Isn't this function already working properly (before this update)? I did try it myself with my phone (Hiby Music + USB exclusive mode turned on) a few weeks ago and it was straightforward.
On 0.4 version, the “USB working mode” option was not showing properly:
IMG_1317.jpeg

It’s missing the option buttons.
I haven’t checked whether it was working or not.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #473 of 645
How do I get the firmware to install? I downloaded the .rar file to the sd card and when I run the update from sd card function on the player it says no firmware file found. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #474 of 645
How do I get the firmware to install? I downloaded the .rar file to the sd card and when I run the update from sd card function on the player it says no firmware file found. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Extract .rar file then you will get "v3_analog.upt".
You need to copy .upt file to the sd card.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #475 of 645
Usually you have to open the .rar file first. then upload a UPT file which is the update file

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #478 of 645
The V3 now sounds better, and mid are less recessed or i'm wrong? Testing using S12 Pro 🤘🏻
You're right. Middles and highs changed. Now sounds more "warm", sweet and harmonic. Personally I don't like much the profile, reminds me my Fiio DAPs, but also is more tolerable for ears. Now it is less analytical, with less impact on the music. Hope Tempotec will find a distinctive character for V3...

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #480 of 645
I put it in the root catalog, meaning: just into the card. Don't create any special folder for it.

card_letter:/ {here}

Then pick up your V3, go into the settings and choose "Firmware update" - Via SD-card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back