Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #301 of 645
Oh, brother. What we have here is 305mWs.
Not gonna lie, I got this while crossing my fingers that it actually puts out 610mW per channel. But knowing "deceptive" advert claims, I also tempered my expectations. It's still the most powerful portable audio device I have around that isn't my Douk U3. Also on the shortlist was Hiby R3 ii, which is also similarly priced.

Tempotec replied to me that they are working on the new Firmware for V3 which should be released soon. I hope that they fix all these bugs with SD card scanning/browsing and volume control.
Did they mention what will be fixed/improved etc?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #302 of 645
Confirmation with regards to the stated power output specs. Combined total of both channels, not per-channel.
I see V3 (generally) is more hardware similar to Cayin N3Pro: Ingenic X1000E and HiBy OS, two separated AK4493EQ and AMP for each channels. Omitting tube AMP part, N3Pro is also claimed 800mW@32Ω for balanced output and that's L+R power, right?

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #303 of 645
I see V3 (generally) is more hardware similar to Cayin N3Pro: Ingenic X1000E and HiBy OS, two separated AK4493EQ and AMP for each channels. Omitting tube AMP part, N3Pro is also claimed 800mW@32Ω for balanced output and that's L+R power, right?
It can go either way. Some do advertise that figure as per-channel , some are combined. It is all about technicality. You'll need to specifically ask the manufacturer for clarification if it is not stated upfront.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #304 of 645
Not gonna lie, I got this while crossing my fingers that it actually puts out 610mW per channel. But knowing "deceptive" advert claims, I also tempered my expectations. It's still the most powerful portable audio device I have around that isn't my Douk U3. Also on the shortlist was Hiby R3 ii, which is also similarly priced.

Did they mention what will be fixed/improved etc?

Well, at lest some good over ears headphones should work fine. Stuff like the excellent Sennheisers' HD58X or HD560S, and the splendid AKG K361 or K371 will sound great with the 4V balanced socket. Probably even the reference HIFIMAN HE-400SE, too.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #305 of 645
Well, at lest some good over ears headphones should work fine. Stuff like the excellent Sennheisers' HD58X or HD560S, and the splendid AKG K361 or K371 will sound great with the 4V balanced socket. Probably even the reference HIFIMAN HE-400SE, too.
My Sundara works fine with a DC04 Pro, and this is about the same ballpark, if not slightly more powerful. So I don't doubt it will be fine too.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #306 of 645
Just found a bug on my unit, when I try to browse music using files it only displays the first two tracks (able to play all songs in the folder), using a 1TB card with about 20k+ tracks and database was scanned. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, same problem. What's weird that the problem appears only in "Browse folders" view. When you actually play music it shows all tracks in the Queue. Like album has 2-3 songs but it becomes 10 when you start playing it.

It might be caused by the folder hierarchy on microSD being too deep. It seems it has to be within 3 levels with the current firmware v0.0.4.

At first, mine was "\Music\Hi-Res\Artist\Album\song.flac" on a 256GB microSD and I had the same issues.
Now it's "\Hi-Res\Artist\Album\song.flac" and it works fine.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #307 of 645
Does anyone know how to delete a playlist that I created solely on V3?

HiBy R2 II allows to delete playlists after long-pressing their name, which in turn opens a contextual menu.
No such thing happens on V3..

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #308 of 645
Does anyone know how to delete a playlist I created only in V3?

HiBy R2 II allows you to delete playlists after holding down their name, which in turn opens a context menu.
No such thing happens in V3.
Hello.

On the player I don't think you can. The only way to delete it is to connect it to the computer and in the SD card drive there is a folder called "playlist_data". The playlists appear in the folder and you can delete them..
Greetings.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #310 of 645
It might be caused by the folder hierarchy on microSD being too deep. It seems it has to be within 3 levels with the current firmware v0.0.4.

At first, mine was "\Music\Hi-Res\Artist\Album\song.flac" on a 256GB microSD and I had the same issues.
Now it's "\Hi-Res\Artist\Album\song.flac" and it works fine.
Don't think so, most of my folders are only 3 levels deep, I even have some 4 levels that have no issues.

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #311 of 645
I just re-worked my sd card so that everything is only 2 folders deep and now I can only scan 4611 files. I’m even more confused than I was before. I’m probably going to pair down my card quite a bit cause there’s a lot of my wife’s music on there that I’ll probably never listen to. Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue.

Edit: After spending most of the evening working on this issue, I finally got the v3 to do a full scan without crashing. I paired down the card to approx 5500 flac files. I narrowed down the issue to either some albums I had in .m4a format, or some live shows that had longer file names. I’ll figure out the exact problem tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #312 of 645
Still enjoying listening to my V3 using 7hz Zero 2 although it does suck the battery life whilst using tidal on the player. Earlier on today with 100% battery I started to work my way through Mogwai‘s catalogue and 5 albums later streaming on tidal at 40% volume (Mogwai is mixed very loud in parts) I am down to 45% battery left. It has better battery life when receiving airplay stream from my phone using tidal. Still impressed with the V3 though, not had any issues so far apart from the non working firmware update.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #313 of 645
Got mine today. So far happy 😊👍

Despite of some bugs it is absolutely worth the price I paid 160€.

Tidal and Qobuz works fine 👍 it seems that Qobuz audio quality is higher than Tidal, when playing it is easy to hear the difference with V3 🤔

There are some bugs:

1. I can't install OTA firmware upadate 1.1 which is available online from player menu.
2. When browsing my 512gb SD card there are missing a lot of folders with music.
3. Sometimes volume goes down randomly to 0 itself when playing track and after that all system freeze until I completely shut down and restart player.

Despite of these bugs everything else is working fine and player has a lot of feautures 👍

Now for the sound:

It sounds absolutely the best when connected as a USB DAC to my smartphone! Just another level when listening to music with Neutron android music player from my smartphone!
Reccomend to do the same for everyone who wants to get the best out of V3! It sounds much better when connected as a USB DAC compared to internal playback!

Pairs really well with my Focal Elegia and Focal Clear! You won't find ant better dap or dac/amp for this price for sure!!! 👍
Can you please tell me what that USB C OTG cable is connected from smartphone to V3? Link?

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #314 of 645
Can you please tell me what that USB C OTG cable is connected from smartphone to V3? Link?
That USB-C cable came with my Xduo XD05PRO portable dac-amp, so I don't know if it can be found to purchase somewhere separately. But now I'm using "Baseus MVP elbow usb-c cable" and it has very reliable and stiff connection.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #315 of 645
That USB-C cable came with my Xduo XD05PRO portable dac-amp, so I don't know if it can be found to purchase somewhere separately. But now I'm using "Baseus MVP elbow usb-c cable" and it has very reliable and stiff connection.
Thanks. Does it have to be “OTG” or can it simply be any type C to type C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back