Teclast T51
Sep 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quite attractive price...

Must have missed that in the video. Mind sharing it?
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #33 of 1,468
as long as the software is workable, this certainly is very attractive and also sounds like it would be fairly easy to DIYMOD and use with external caps and upgraded (probably hardwired rather than socketed) opamps. regardless of them using film caps already, there are good film caps and bad; they are limited by size as to what they can fit in to a housing that small. of course we will see how good it sounds already before that. this will put it at or possibly just below D10 with upgraded opamps. I do not see having dual 8740 being enough to outperform a dac such as D10 which has plenty more room and probably more battery power to optimize performance. would be great if it were rockboxable, then we would not have to worry about the OS so much anyway.

this is all pipe dream stuff until it comes out and is tested by members, but lets say i'm interested already. moreso than the HFM, which seems to just be a big problem, with too many issues still need developing.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #34 of 1,468
I have a Nationite s-flo which is a rebranded Teclast T50, somewhat of a predecessor of the T51. It has a smaller screen, single DAC, FM and 8GB storage. There is no line-out nor external card support (the T51 does have both, I think). It does't have playlist support either. The sound quality is quite good, and it has pretty good eq functions. However one thing that plagues all the chinese daps that I have come across (i.e. onda, teclast, ramos, jxd etc) is that the screen when turned on produces a small clicking sound through the headphones. It does go away when the screen is turn off, and sometimes it's not very noticable, but it is there when the screen is on. The other thing with the T50 is that the touch screen is very sensitive, which is good, but it can also go nuts occasionally in low temprature an what not, so the hold button is my best friend when I use it. But even with all of its shortcommings, I still use it all the time, and I'll be keeping an eye on the T51 as well.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #35 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When there is a detail review ? or compairing with ohter players? what the price will be, how to buy it? thanks.

i doubt Chinese will sell their dap international, but this teclast has a rebranded player called Nationite and sell it to international

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #37 of 1,468
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #38 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer that it is crippled with a 16GB max capacity.With new devices supporting HD video playback you'd figure that capacity would start to get bumped up to accommodate that.

Don't forget there is a micro SDHC slot.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #39 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget there is a micro SDHC slot.

That helps, wish SDHC would push more than 32GB though. Any word if there are any restrictions on what can be read off of the SDHC card? I know alot of players with SD slots don't allow you to actually put much of anything on them.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #40 of 1,468
I saw a passing mention that the RK28xx apparently can't integrate card contents into the main library, but no mention on any other sort of restrictions.

Was reading the Teclast forums before bed and... did they put a proper analog volume dial on this thing? Wow. I had to get that outta my system. :p

Edit - top band of EQ is 6kHz again? damn you Rockchip! I know most of you probably won't be using the EQ, but... jesus christ. :p

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #41 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a passing mention that the RK28xx apparently can't integrate card contents into the main library, but no mention on any other sort of restrictions.

Was reading the Teclast forums before bed and... did they put a proper analog volume dial on this thing? Wow. I had to get that outta my system. :p

So would we still be able to browse and play media from the SD cards? Would it only show file name and no ID content from the file is if can't integrate to the main library?

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #42 of 1,468
Swanlee,

When I said integrate, I mean it doesn't index the card contents for browsing based on the ID3 tags (artist/album/genre, etc). So the contents on the card might be folder-based browsing only. I don't see anything that says the files will end up unplayable.

Depending on how you organize music, it's probably no big deal, but as an owner of another Rockchip-based player, I was hoping they could use something that's not Rockchip... so we don't end up with certain weird limitations like this.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #44 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Swanlee,

When I said integrate, I mean it doesn't index the card contents for browsing based on the ID3 tags (artist/album/genre, etc). So the contents on the card might be folder-based browsing only. I don't see anything that says the files will end up unplayable.

Depending on how you organize music, it's probably no big deal, but as an owner of another Rockchip-based player, I was hoping they could use something that's not Rockchip... so we don't end up with certain weird limitations like this.

While not a deal breaker that is a bummer no ID tags for media stored on the SD cards. Seems there is always some stupid limitation with this type of stuff.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #45 of 1,468
Quote:

no ID tags for media stored on the SD cards

From what i've understand, there _are_ tags for media stored on SD card. You just cannot navigate by these (i.e. if you will enter into an albums list, you will see only albums loaded on the player itself, not ones loaded on SD).
There are two main types of navigation. First one is by folder structure ("universal" one); second one is by tags (like on ipod, zune etc). The only difference between files stored on SD and on the player itself is that the second type is available only for files stored on the player itself; however, folder navigation is still available; and tags displaying has nothing to do with this. BTW, some players have only folder navigation (e.g. rockbox without a database), but that doesn't mean they're not supporting tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back