Teclast T51
Sep 28, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 1,468
As for now, dual codecs have not been proved in any measurable standard to improve any audio quality. It would be safe to treat this as a marketing platform. A company can spout all it wants to about output, better jitter, this and that, but in the end, it is spouting it out for sales to a select group who are, more susceptible to marketing schemes than others who just want to hear the music.

Nevertheless, this is interesting.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #18 of 1,468
Well, in theory dual WM8740 is supported by the chip itself to give slightly better SNR on the DAC front, but whether it translates to a better SNR overall is still remain to be seen. On the other hand, the decision to use film caps on all the output is definitely a welcome implementation. BTW, this thing won't have TV-out so all the video resolution talks are going to the waste. The battery life is also said to be very short too, in exchange for all the extra hardware going into the player.

I might have the chance to review one of them later on, but so far nothing is confirmed yet. If you are a regular Chinese forumer, Teclast is actually having a half price promotion on ZOL and erji.net for members willing to do a review.

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #21 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, in theory dual WM8740 is supported by the chip itself to give slightly better SNR on the DAC front, but whether it translates to a better SNR overall is still remain to be seen. On the other hand, the decision to use film caps on all the output is definitely a welcome implementation. BTW, this thing won't have TV-out so all the video resolution talks are going to the waste. The battery life is also said to be very short too, in exchange for all the extra hardware going into the player.

I might have the chance to review one of them later on, but so far nothing is confirmed yet. If you are a regular Chinese forumer, Teclast is actually having a half price promotion on ZOL and erji.net for members willing to do a review.

Are you sure? The guy in the Youtube vid said they were going try to jam in a TV-out chip. And it also has a SDHC slot.....WTH? The battery life is gonna be like 6 hours??

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #22 of 1,468
For what I know so far, it doesn't have a TV-out. I don't remember seeing it listed on the official spec as well.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #24 of 1,468
Teclast is technically a Taiwanese company, but the company has a good market presence in main land China. It is made-in-China as far as where the country of origin is concerned.

I was informed on another forum that above info is incorrect (I read something a long time ago and never did confirm their validity). I apologize for any confusion it might have caused. To be politically correct, (as I was told) the brand 'Teclast' does have some Taiwan origin but it currently operates fully under a main land China company.

Now I hope everyone is happy
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #29 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol or before the manufacturer asks for the product to be returned because he doesn’t like your opinion and asks the op to delete the whole thread
biggrin.gif

I only just realized that thread was gone

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #30 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope it can just use a mini to mini for lineout.

You don't have to hope, T51 does have two 3.5mm jacks. One for HO and one for LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back