TDK BA200 Thread
Nov 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #271 of 1,509
Quote:

Thanks, do the wireless receivers cause them to lose any SQ?  I wouldn't mind having something like that when I'm laying around the house.

I've tested them with the HS3000 and they sounded excellent. But it depends on the Bluetooth version and codec. In short: BT v3 + aptX > BT v3 + SBC > BT v2 + SBC. I've made a few posts on that topic, here and there,

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #273 of 1,509
You wouldn't think because of the smooth signature that the BA200 has that they'd sound good with edm but its the complete opposite at least for me as they've quickly become my favorite IEM for edm.  To many people put to much stock in the highs for edm when in fact the mids are where all the music is coming from.  The highs have all the cymbal crashes, high hats and thing of that nature along with some upper mid lower treble melodies and sounds but the meat of your melodies for things like trance and progressive are in the mids.  I'm not saying you don't need treble I'm just saying that it shouldn't be your main focus when looking for an IEM that's good with edm.  

Bass and mids are the most important aspects when choosing a good IEM for edm imo.  All the IEM's I've gone through since I found Head-Fi, the ones with detailed and smoother mids have all sound better for edm than the bright IEM's have.  The TF10 was one of the best and I know everyone says they have recessed mids but I'm one of the few that says the mids aren't recessed as much as they're on the darker side with a smooth texture and along with the crisp highs (that weren't sibilant or harsh for me)and strong bass makes them sound like they're recessed.

You might not agree with what I've said but that's how I hear things.  

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #274 of 1,509
Revelation....my BA200 works quite well with the GR01s fake sony hybrids...the blue ones with foam fillings. Compared to the stock comply tips, treble is now a bit more forward, clarity is a little better, bass has a lot more umph. Isolation is better also. A fellow head-fier has been using custom tips and I can imagine it does wonders to the overall quality and isolation.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #275 of 1,509
Anybody know how much these go for in singapore? I checked the website in Stereo and it goes for 229 sgd. I read somewhere that it goes for 160 so i wanted to confirm.. I'm also aware that the price did go up.. hoping that 160 was already the updated one :)

I need to weigh the price difference because if it's not by much i'd rather get them locally(for warranty purposes) - which brings me to my next question:

edit 1:
how sturdy/well built are these? I'm already sold on the sound from when i demoed the unit but i'm quite worried with the strain relief.. how does the wire age? is it an issue long term? not quite sure if recabling is a possible should problems occur with the cable because of the y-splitter stabilizer of sorts they implemented - or if recabling is possible at all with the housing design. 

edit 2:
can these be used for running/exercise? :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #276 of 1,509
Quote:
Anybody know how much these go for in singapore? I checked the website in Stereo and it goes for 229 sgd. I read somewhere that it goes for 160 so i wanted to confirm.. I'm also aware that the price did go up.. hoping that 160 was already the updated one :)

I need to weigh the price difference because if it's not by much i'd rather get them locally(for warranty purposes) - which brings me to my next question:

edit 1:
how sturdy/well built are these? I'm already sold on the sound from when i demoed the unit but i'm quite worried with the strain relief.. how does the wire age? is it an issue long term? not quite sure if recabling is a possible should problems occur with the cable because of the y-splitter stabilizer of sorts they implemented - or if recabling is possible at all with the housing design. 

edit 2:
can these be used for running/exercise? :)

SG$230 is US$160, you just need to do the conversion. Remember the MSRP is supposed to be around US$250.

Flat cable doesn't need as much strain relief as thin cable, as the extra rubber on the cable itself will provide extra strength against stress. The downside is flat cable, the bigger they are, the more microphonics and heavy they become. I really won't recommend working out with good IEM.. any good IEM.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #277 of 1,509
Quick question guys: out of the dual BA IEMs, which has the best bass (sub-bass) quantity and quality, the BA200, B2 or R-50? I'm NOT asking which one is a basshead earphone. Thank you.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #279 of 1,509
I'll say BA200 with a noticeable lead. On bass only, I'll say BA200 > R50 > B2

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #280 of 1,509
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #281 of 1,509
Quote:

SG$230 is US$160, you just need to do the conversion. Remember the MSRP is supposed to be around US$250.

Flat cable doesn't need as much strain relief as thin cable, as the extra rubber on the cable itself will provide extra strength against stress. The downside is flat cable, the bigger they are, the more microphonics and heavy they become. I really won't recommend working out with good IEM.. any good IEM.

I see.. perhaps i read wrong when i saw '160' and thought it was SGD instead of USD. T_T

thanks! gonna pull the trigger on these later today.. seems that getting it for a little cheaper in singapore is not worth the trouble should something happen to the IEMs within the year.. i'll take the warranty instead and get them locally. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #282 of 1,509
I've got a little Black Friday of my own going on  -----------+
                                                                                 |
                                                                                 |
                                                                                 |
                                                                                V

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #283 of 1,509
listening to them now! i love them! :)

I'm not very accurate with terminologies and i'm not used to expressing details in sound but here are my impressions:

I demoed the unit with the stock comply tips and they sounded really good but now that i'm using it with the stock double flange tips, it sounds even better IMO. Lucky for me they aren't uncomfortable as some have mentioned. 

What i noticed immediately was the soundstage as it seems to be pretty wide. From what i remember, it seems to have better soundstage than the UM3X.

The bass is well controlled. it doesn't overpower the other ranges.

For the mids, I find them to be pretty forward but it's something that actually drew me to the BA200 in the first place.

I agree with how people have commented about the highs being further "behind" the sound of sorts.. it's not much of a problem for me though, i like this overall sound sig :)

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #284 of 1,509
Apple IEM (dual BA) with talk control 
Audio Technica CK10
Audio Technica CK90PRO
Audio Technica CK90PRO MKII
Brainwavz B2 MP4 Nation's
Creative Aurvana In-Ear3
Denon AH-C400 MUSIC MANIAC
Earsonics SM2
EXS X20
Fischer Audio DBA-02 
Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII
Galaxy Audio EB10 
Jays Q-Jays
j-phonic K2 SP
Klipsch Custom 2
Klipsch Custom 3
M-Audio IE-30
Nocs NS800
Phiaton PS200
Phonak Audéo PFE232
Rockit Sounds R-50
Shure SE420
Shure SE425
Sony XBA-2
Sony XBA-20
TDK BA 200 
Ultimate Ears UE700
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro
VSONIC GR01
Westone 2 
Westone UM2

This is list of Dual BA driver IEM, I would like to know Shure SE425 vs Audio Technica CK90PRO MKII vs
TDK BA200 which one is the better in overall sound frequency?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #285 of 1,509
I have audition UNIQUE MELODY MIRACLE in launching promotion in Malaysia, last year the soundstage wow.. very  wide never had this [size=11.0pt]experience[/size] before, but is don't feat my budget, This
year, when I try BA200 1st time, I fall in love with it and purchase after a week, don't have credit card haha.
UNIQUE MELODY MIRACLE compare to BA 200 how far can be? 6 vs 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back