Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #2,146 of 2,408
I should receive the new PENON OS133 Type-C DAC for iOS Android in a few days so I can use my old 4.4mm balanced cable.
Have you gotten this yet? Debating ordering one to ditch the Apple dongle once and for all for more on the go stuff.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #2,147 of 2,408
Not yet.. should arrive any day now, tracking shows it's been in the usa 5 days already. I already have a balanced cable i can use with it, and I ordered that XINHA silver/copper mixed cable recommended about 10 pages back too.. but I'm sure that will take another 2 weeks to arrive.. this one, choose normal (not recessed) 2 pin.. can choose copper color or brown color
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...st_main.5.2d4a1802N3MD2a&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

so I have a xiaomi free throw-in usb-c to 3.5mm adapter that came with a phone.. and I had a random $10 one from aliexpress that was usb-c to 3.5mm. I think it was the one recommended by the "wild bill" guy who makes the VEMONK earbuds? anyway there was a HUGE difference and the aliexpress one sounded so much better.. but it developed left/right sound volume imbalance.. but I only notice it with iems.. doesn't seem to affect my cheap vemonk earbuds? anyway I highly recommend you ditch the apple dongle and get a more hifi one.. although I hear the apple one is surprisingly ok

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #2,148 of 2,408
Have you gotten this yet? Debating ordering one to ditch the Apple dongle once and for all for more on the go stuff.

I have a Dunu dongle from hifigo as a free gift due to some product delay (no, not the expensive dongle, a no-name $10 one). It was quite impressive comparing to apple dongle, likely because it has beefier amp inside. The plug actually gets warm, and the battery drains quicker. But the stage was good, as expected from a decent-ish amp. Highly recommend something like this to replace the apple dongle. I'm not sure what the dunu one is but you can likely grab something like that from venture electronic. Andy from dongle madness has some good articles about these CL-based dongles.

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #2,149 of 2,408
A bit of an observation. I noticed the TSMR-X synergizes extremely well with warmer sounding sources. More so than something more neutral and or bright, reason why I mention this is I know a few of you guys would like a more warmer sounding TSMR-X.
1707853153218.png

I have been testing the Simgot DEW4X and I am surprised just how good this little dongle meshes with the TSMR-X sound. Its performance is not anywhere near my PB5 amp by any means but heck for less than $80 spot. This little dongle brings musicality into how the TSMR-X sounds hence syngergizing extremely well with it. If any of you guys are looking for a source to match up with the TSMR-X. This one is going to surprise you just how well it matches with the TSMR-X for the cost of a good cable. In fact now you have a choice of getting an upgraded cable or a source that lines up well with how the TSMR-X sounds. I am listening to this combo right now using the X and I have to say this sounds great for a small dac/amp. No worries if it has enough power. It can drive just about any IEM with ease.

Simgot likes to tune their IEMs with a bit of an upper mid/ treble skew for their IEMS so naturally they bring out a source that matches well with thier more brighter sounding IEMs. Excellent syngergy, surprisingly so with the TSMR-X.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,150 of 2,408
A bit of an observation. I noticed the TSMR-X synergizes extremely well with warmer sounding sources. More so than something more neutral and or bright, reason why I mention this is I know a few of you guys would like a more warmer sounding TSMR-X.

I have been testing the Simgot DEW4X and I am surprised just how good this little dongle meshes with the TSMR-X sound. Its performance is not anywhere near my PB5 amp by any means but heck for less than $80 spot. This little dongle brings musicality into how the TSMR-X sounds hence syngergizing extremely well with it. If any of you guys are looking for a source to match up with the TSMR-X. This one is going to surprise you just how well it matches with the TSMR-X for the cost of a good cable. In fact now you have a choice of getting an upgraded cable or a source that lines up well with how the TSMR-X sounds. I am listening to this combo right now using the X and I have to say this sounds great for a small dac/amp. No worries if it has enough power. It can drive just about any IEM with ease.

Simgot likes to tune their IEMs with a bit of an upper mid/ treble skew for their IEMS so naturally they bring out a source that matches well with thier more brighter sounding IEMs. Excellent syngergy, surprisingly so with the TSMR-X.

TSMR-X does indeed synergize well with warmer sounding sources. I have probably said this before but I highly recommend pairing the X with a tube amp and a nice DAC. I am using a Monolith/Monoprice Liquid Platinum tube hybrid paired up to a Schiit Modi Multibit 2 (using the combo-burrito filter) which I think is the best pairing I have heard so far out of my DAC lineup with the X. This combo produces a richer sounding midrange and controls the upper mids so that you will NEVER have any problem ALL while maintaining that great treble performance this set has to offer. While I would agree with the 4/5 rating depending on source, this combo has transformed the X into a 5/5 easily.

I've been too lazy to change out the cable to something with a 3.5mm so that I can test on my Schiit Magni Piety, Vali 2 and Asgard 3 to see what results I get but may-beee soon however the current LP/modi combo still sounds better than my EF400 and any of my iFi setups.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #2,151 of 2,408
Just a few words about my perception of the Tansio Mirai X staging. The imaging of instruments are locationally and spatially pinpointable. Instrument separation, note width, and clarity are excellent, this shows it's benefits in classical orchestral music, where instruments often are 'clumped' together on other IEMs. Width of stage depends on tracks. Both height and depth are excellent.... giving with the right tracks, an often holographic experience. I spent yesterday evening concentrating and focusing on the staging and, to me, it creates a good 3D experience. If one looks, rather than just by width (which can be good), then the TM X has great 'staging' in the truest sense of the word. The spatials are excellent with my simple HiBy setup. As long as one spends time getting the right source, cable and tips, the TM X is a very special IEM. Will not suit those who don't like strong bass or forward lower treble. (My copy of the TM X has no harshness at all).

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #2,153 of 2,408
Dharmasteve thanks for that cable recommendation earlier in the thread I have single ended and balanced versions on the way..
I've got a 2 pin and a MMCX, already, in the copper colour and just ordered a brown in 2 pin 4.4mm. Because of the Chinese New Year festivities they haven't been dispatched yet. Oh how I ❤️ Dim Sum. Chinese New Year makes my mouth water.

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #2,154 of 2,408
I've come full circle. Over the last month or so I bought (argghh....broke) the Oriveti OD200, the CCA Rhapsody, the Simgot EA500LM, , The Tansio Mirai Anniversary X.....and the ISN Neo 3. Spent a lot of time on the on the TM, the Simgot and some on the ISN, and put the Oriveti OD200 back in my ears again today. Definitely the OD200 is the most musical of them with such good timbre and tone and lovely vocals. I think it wins mainly on it's musicality, but somehow it's bass is quite forward on the stage, which I like a lot. It's not bass heavy in any way though. For those of you who have it have a listen to Slabo Day, Peter Green. Beautiful guitars. How lucky we are.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #2,155 of 2,408
got my penon oss133 usb-c to 4.4mm adapter today.. only listened to a 3 of my reference tracks and already it's night and day better than the free xiaomi adapter I had.. sub-bass vibrations alone tell me how much better it is.. listened to the kick drums in radiohead - house of cards and the horns in mingus - fables of faubus.. it's a great adapter.. feels super high quality with heavy nice looking connectors too

Attachments

• penonoss133.jpg
    penonoss133.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #2,156 of 2,408
I've come full circle. Over the last month or so I bought (argghh....broke) the Oriveti OD200, the CCA Rhapsody, the Simgot EA500LM, , The Tansio Mirai Anniversary X.....and the ISN Neo 3. Spent a lot of time on the on the TM, the Simgot and some on the ISN, and put the Oriveti OD200 back in my ears again today. Definitely the OD200 is the most musical of them with such good timbre and tone and lovely vocals. I think it wins mainly on it's musicality, but somehow it's bass is quite forward on the stage, which I like a lot. It's not bass heavy in any way though. For those of you who have it have a listen to Slabo Day, Peter Green. Beautiful guitars. How lucky we are.
Just so as not to be misunderstood. I would say that the particular IEM of all the above I like the most, and they are all very good in their own way, is the TM X. The Oriveti has a lovely tone, but the TM X has other qualities that make it stand out a bit more to me. But I could live with the Oriveti, the Simgot, or ISN as my only IEM, quite easily. Maybe I'm easily pleased, but IEMs are so good nowadays it's hard to choose one over another.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #2,157 of 2,408
got my penon oss133 usb-c to 4.4mm adapter today.. only listened to a 3 of my reference tracks and already it's night and day better than the free xiaomi adapter I had.. sub-bass vibrations alone tell me how much better it is.. listened to the kick drums in radiohead - house of cards and the horns in mingus - fables of faubus.. it's a great adapter.. feels super high quality with heavy nice looking connectors too
Went to order that and some cables and their site is down again.. bummer. Looks nice.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #2,158 of 2,408
I've come full circle. Over the last month or so I bought (argghh....broke) the Oriveti OD200, the CCA Rhapsody, the Simgot EA500LM, , The Tansio Mirai Anniversary X.....and the ISN Neo 3. Spent a lot of time on the on the TM, the Simgot and some on the ISN, and put the Oriveti OD200 back in my ears again today. Definitely the OD200 is the most musical of them with such good timbre and tone and lovely vocals. I think it wins mainly on it's musicality, but somehow it's bass is quite forward on the stage, which I like a lot. It's not bass heavy in any way though. For those of you who have it, have a listen to Slabo Day, Peter Green. Beautiful guitars. How lucky we are.
Great! How about Oriveti compared to Penon's Quattro?

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #2,159 of 2,408
No one mentioned Quattro! Truly my favorite "musical" iem in this price range, even more than X. But this is such a subjective pov! To my ears only, the Quattro really has outshined all the competition but that's mostly because of its timbre and tuning with only DDs. I have not heard the Orivetti but have heard lots of Penons, and Quattro is their outlier.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #2,160 of 2,408
After spending my Dosh on those above IEMs, there is no way I have got the money for the Quattro. I already have the Penon Serial so instead of the now unaffordable Quattro, I'm waiting for the 🎺🎺🎺 CCA Trio. I know....it's like a greasy spoon breakfast compared to fine dining 🤣😭......but what to do? The Oriveti OD200 is a very good IEM though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back