Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #2,161 of 2,411
After spending my Dosh on those above IEMs, there is no way I have got the money for the Quattro. I already have the Penon Serial so instead of the now unaffordable Quattro, I'm waiting for the 🎺🎺🎺 CCA Trio. I know....it's like a greasy spoon breakfast compared to fine dining 🤣😭......but what to do? The Oriveti OD200 is a very good IEM, though.
I got the CCA Trio, and I just heard it once. I guess I'm spoiled.

Also going back to the TSMR-X and just too much treble for vocals, the voices appear glaring with shimmer, specially male; it's the definition of a "V" shape to me. Quattro suits them sooo much nicer, it's not even a contest.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #2,162 of 2,411
I got the CCA Trio, and I just heard it once. I guess I'm spoiled.

Also going back to the TSMR-X and just too much treble for vocals, the voices appear glaring with shimmer, specially male; it's the definition of a "V" shape to me. Quattro suits them sooo much nicer, it's not even a contest.
:thumbsup: nice to hear some more critical feedback. Seems like people are advocating a lot of messing about with cables/tips/sources to tame the highs a bit, which corroborates what you're getting at here (and of course to match everyone's own preferences/sensitivities). Do you enjoy the bass on them, or is it just not a good fit for you with that vocal presentation?

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #2,163 of 2,411
:thumbsup: nice to hear some more critical feedback. Seems like people are advocating a lot of messing about with cables/tips/sources to tame the highs a bit, which corroborates what you're getting at here (and of course to match everyone's own preferences/sensitivities). Do you enjoy the bass on them, or is it just not a good fit for you with that vocal presentation?
The bass is really excellent. I would say it is their landmark...

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #2,164 of 2,411
Hi Peeps,

Just to chime in - I bought the 10th TM as soon as they sold out - missed out on the initial run by couple of hours (UK time difference) so shot them an email and they graciously sold me a pair.

They turned up yesterday and I have to say - Wow.

My setup was

Topping G5
Canon OG
Apple Music

Previous sets (for reference)
Thieaudio L3
Ety ER2XR
Sony XB3-H3
Shure e2c (flat as a pancake yuk) bought 2004 - when I first started coming to Headfi

In the early mid 80’s I used Personal Casette Players culminating in 1985 with a Sanyo player that cost £50! (Dad took pity on me as I had a long bus ride to school).

Always loved music and good music playback - long pre amble over.

First 10 minutes - stock cable and tips - switch std position - was really worried, sound was a bit strident and a bit dry sounding.

Popped on my Z Review upgrade cable and put on Dunu S/S Med tips - much better - but still sounded a little dry and mids felt too far back.

Popped on Azla Xelastic - Bingo - OMG moment, mids came forward and they sound like an expensive sound system - one word effortless.

Listened like this for an hour or so and switched to the Bass setting - Yes, this is epic. The Bass is very clean and has a lot of texture and the whole sound spectrum is present and correct - to me.

Today whilst working ran through loads of music I’ve been listening to for years - very impressed, beautiful detail and the stage/sound stage is epic.

I will use one word to describe these - effortless, these sound expensive - what I mean is like when you hear an expensive system and it just sounds good.

Something to note, people say these are easy to drive but my set are getting up to 50% on medium gain on my G5 - my canons would be too loud at 35/40%..

Very happy indeed.- these destroy the Canons.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,165 of 2,411
Forgot to mention

These things are wicked comfortable - I have small ears and they fit prefect, the vent really works - had them in my ears for hours over the last two days and no fatigue whatsoever I would say the nozzle is fairly short and I’m using smaller ear tips (dia) than the Canons.

Rocking out to the Verve - Lucky Man whilst doing pots etc - happy days.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #2,166 of 2,411
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-x.27031/reviews
1708027490568.png

So I updated my review of the TSMR-X with the ARES S combo at the very bottom of the read. This combo is very awesome. Folks looking for an affordable higher end copper cable that synergizes well with the TSMR-X. ARES S and even better their 8w version is going to be even better on the X.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #2,167 of 2,411
Hi Peeps,

Just to chime in - I bought the 10th TM as soon as they sold out - missed out on the initial run by couple of hours (UK time difference) so shot them an email and they graciously sold me a pair.

They turned up yesterday and I have to say - Wow.

My setup was

Topping G5
Canon OG
Apple Music

Previous sets (for reference)
Thieaudio L3
Ety ER2XR
Sony XB3-H3
Shure e2c (flat as a pancake yuk) bought 2004 - when I first started coming to Headfi

In the early mid 80’s I used Personal Casette Players culminating in 1985 with a Sanyo player that cost £50! (Dad took pity on me as I had a long bus ride to school).

Always loved music and good music playback - long pre amble over.

First 10 minutes - stock cable and tips - switch std position - was really worried, sound was a bit strident and a bit dry sounding.

Popped on my Z Review upgrade cable and put on Dunu S/S Med tips - much better - but still sounded a little dry and mids felt too far back.

Popped on Azla Xelastic - Bingo - OMG moment, mids came forward and they sound like an expensive sound system - one word effortless.

Listened like this for an hour or so and switched to the Bass setting - Yes, this is epic. The Bass is very clean and has a lot of texture and the whole sound spectrum is present and correct - to me.

Today whilst working ran through loads of music I’ve been listening to for years - very impressed, beautiful detail and the stage/sound stage is epic.

I will use one word to describe these - effortless, these sound expensive - what I mean is like when you hear an expensive system and it just sounds good.

Something to note, people say these are easy to drive but my set are getting up to 50% on medium gain on my G5 - my canons would be too loud at 35/40%..

Very happy indeed.- these destroy the Canons.
Good to hear. That bass will fill out over the next week, at least, and add to the tonality of the BAs. The DDs definitely give some more meat as they age.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #2,168 of 2,411
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #2,169 of 2,411
Haha. No I had to dig deep when I posted a pic of the ARES S. That is connected to the Tansio Mirai Sands. Not the TSMR-X. I am being lazy and not posting pics of the TSMR-X connected to the cables I am testing them with. I brought my ARES S cable to work with me today to try it out and it turned out to be a very good combo.

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #2,170 of 2,411
1708027490568.png

So I updated my review of the TSMR-X with the ARES S combo at the very bottom of the read. This combo is very awesome. Folks looking for an affordable higher end copper cable that synergizes well with the TSMR-X. ARES S and even better their 8w version is going to be even better on the X.
Okay, I haven't tried my Ares 8w with it yet, but that will be next! At least I already have one! BTW, I did like it with Cadmus 8w a lot.

But for today, and hopefully longer, I got some good colorways going with this XINHS cable (copper, SPC, Graphene), liking it!

1000006960.jpg

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #2,171 of 2,411
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #2,172 of 2,411
Just bought a used TM X here in classifieds, looking fwd to getting it. I've been on a Campfire Audio trip for a couple of years, but haven't found that one that has bass AND Treble under the $1-1.5K price range. Hoping the TM X will satisfy that requirement for me.

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #2,173 of 2,411
Just bought a used TM X here in classifieds, looking fwd to getting it. I've been on a Campfire Audio trip for a couple of years, but haven't found that one that has bass AND Treble under the $1-1.5K price range. Hoping the TM X will satisfy that requirement for me.
I hope you like X as I do.

Seeing your collection of CFA, I would highly recommend you listen to either the Black Star ($1k) or the Bonneville ($1300) as they deliver exactly what you're looking for in a CFA at the price point.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #2,175 of 2,411

@Dsnuts , I am certain you mean well. But, is the answer to improving an expensive purchase another expensive purchase?

Before suggesting new cables, maybe you can suggest people play around with cheap / free EQ to find out what changes would be required to dial in the sound they prefer? They could then determine if they believe any cable could achieve that change to the sound, or maybe conclude that EQ is the right answer in their case if they don’t think a cable will get them what they are looking for. The goal should be maximizing pleasure and value, not spending.

Look, I own a few nice cables from Effect Audio (Cadmus 8W, Eros S 8W Anniversary, Cadmus x Ares S 8W), NiceHCK, and IviQ. None of them affect the tuning (maybe slight volume differences which can be adjusted for). I bought them because they looked good, felt good, had great ergonomics, etc.

Cables are accessories - to me. Maybe others will disagree, but what’s the harm in trying EQ and seeing how big a change a cable would have to make to achieve what they are looking for?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back