Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #2,131 of 2,412
I'm not a believer of how wire material interact with the sound, but shouldn't copper cable reduces treble whilst anything with silver would increase the treble?

Maybe you need to take this opportunity to invest in an R2R or multi-bit dongle like RU7 :dt880smile:
Or the grand Hibyfc6, 20 dollars cheaper at https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-fc6

That will solve the issue.

One comparison with ru6 & 7 at
Post in thread 'HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-fc6-r2r-dongle-dac-reborn.969134/post-17882816

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #2,133 of 2,412
Received the Tansio X last night. Amazing, I'm having a blast with these. @Dsnuts you were absolutely spot on about the G4 pairing. Like others are saying the stock cable is really good too but it doesn't do these things justice. It sounding holographic was not an understatement, man these things are fun and can handle anything you give them. I have it on the original down up down setting but once you turn on the up down down setting, the bass is no joke. I have yet to compare it with the Penon 10th but.... I have an extremely strong feeling I won't be using them often. I don't know how to explain it well since I'm not well versed in audio but I feel like the decay of each note is much more immersive because of the detail and the attack is snappy enough to handle anything I give it. The note weight added with the G4 makes is sound perfect. I can't wait until I burn these things in more. Thanks a lot for the recommendation, no regrets with this one for sure.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #2,134 of 2,412
Received the Tansio X last night. Amazing, I'm having a blast with these. @Dsnuts you were absolutely spot on about the G4 pairing. Like others are saying the stock cable is really good too but it doesn't do these things justice. It sounding holographic was not an understatement, man these things are fun and can handle anything you give them. I have it on the original down up down setting but once you turn on the up down down setting, the bass is no joke. I have yet to compare it with the Penon 10th but.... I have an extremely strong feeling I won't be using them often. I don't know how to explain it well since I'm not well versed in audio but I feel like the decay of each note is much more immersive because of the detail and the attack is snappy enough to handle anything I give it. The note weight added with the G4 makes is sound perfect. I can't wait until I burn these things in more. Thanks a lot for the recommendation, no regrets with this one for sure.
Ya I quite like how the G4 synergizes with the X. Its a great match and my vote for best cable under $100 spot to use on them.

I have much more expensive cables the X does not synergize as well with. This is an easy recommend for folks that want a clear ugrade on the Xs cable while adding a bit extra in the form of noteweight while maintaining what makes the TSMR-X so special to listen to in the first place. Its the very first cable I go over on my review which I am actually done with. Will post a link once I post it this evening when I get a chance.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #2,135 of 2,412
I cable rolled X a bit more last night and found a very happy synergy with this one:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$199.00 20%OFF | NiceHCK GrKing Flagship HiFi Earphone Cable 7N Silver Plated OCC+Graphene OCC 3-in-1 Detachable Plug 2Pin MMCX for Bravery Rinko
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfaEBM

Great, musical, transparent sound with more bass presence. Really love it, also about $100 using the coupons.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #2,136 of 2,412
I cable rolled X a bit more last night and found a very happy synergy with this one:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$199.00 20%OFF | NiceHCK GrKing Flagship HiFi Earphone Cable 7N Silver Plated OCC+Graphene OCC 3-in-1 Detachable Plug 2Pin MMCX for Bravery Rinko
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfaEBM

Great, musical, transparent sound with more bass presence. Really love it, also about $100 using the coupons.
That offer is only applicable to Aliexpress first-time shoppers...

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #2,137 of 2,412
That offer is only applicable to Aliexpress first-time shoppers...
No it's not, that coupon works for anyone. Aliexpress can be quite confusing, but you just need to activate it:
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 23.19.11.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #2,138 of 2,412
I’ve been struggling a little with the TSMR X. While I’ll definitely agree its details and technical performance is outstanding (some of the fastest transients I’ve ever heard and a really trippy soundstage), I’m generally not a fan of the tuning. This is definitely a preference thing as a more vocal and mid centric listener myself, I find that there is a lack of energy in the 4-6k region that causes vocals to sound just short of satisfying. However, in mixes where vocals are front and center, it handles them well with a very clean presentation.

Another issue I’ve had is that the treble does cross over to sibilant for me. But as a last ditch attempt I threw on a stock OCC copper cable from another IEM and it resolved my treble issues on the test track I was using. The cable of course falls short in other areas but it gave me hope that with the right cable, I might be able to get the treble where I want it.

Definitely far from my final thoughts on this one. I think getting the right cable pairing for me here is gonna be important. I can hear that for those that enjoy this tuning, the TSMR X could be an outstanding set. But as a word of caution, I would say out of the box, those that are sensitive to treble and that prefer a warmer and more vocal centric sound might not find this to their preference.

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #2,142 of 2,412
Great!

It doesn't for me 😞 oh well I've got other options :wink:
meh. doesn't for me as well. Noticed that Nicehck has A LOT of coupons that don't work.

pity, there seem to be plenty of discounts that don't apply on the store.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #2,143 of 2,412
meh. doesn't for me as well. Noticed that Nicehck has A LOT of coupons that don't work.

pity, there seem to be plenty of discounts that don't apply on the store.
Sorry about that guys, I bought it a while ago. They're are plenty of others. Also, stuff might be screwed during the lunar new year holiday.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #2,144 of 2,412
Sorry about that guys, I bought it a while ago. They're are plenty of others. Also, stuff might be screwed during the lunar new year holiday.
no worries man, not your fault at all. AEworks in mysterious ways lol.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #2,145 of 2,412
1707797508018.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-x.27031/review/32982/ This IEM is soo very good. It has definitely become one of my favorites thus far this year. The day I see another set that unseats these at the price point will be interesting to say the least. But for now these are some of best money can buy. I was so very close to giving it a full 5 star but I left it at 4.5 stars as it is not perfect. But damn if them 3 switches make up for it. I can finally move onto some of my other obligations but it will be difficult to not want to take another listen to these. I will continue to do more cable pairings and report it on the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back