Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #2,116 of 2,412
My initial impression is that these have a slightly excessive amount of treble for my personal preference.

In comparison, ... the Penon 10th provides a more refined and less pronounced treble response.
Thanks for this. I haven't heard the Penon 10th, but all 3 other Penon's I've heard have Treble that is too tame, reserved for me. "Excessive treble" for others is just right for me!

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #2,117 of 2,412
Talking about cables, I’m curious to hear what others have settled on for the TSMR X. Personally I tested the Penon ASOS and went back to the stock because I felt it lost some air and energy in the upper registers. Right now I’m considering the Penon mix based on recommendations by others for the copper & silver hybrid xinhs cable.

Would love for others to weigh in!

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #2,118 of 2,412
Talking about cables, I’m curious to hear what others have settled on for the TSMR X. Personally I tested the Penon ASOS and went back to the stock because I felt it lost some air and energy in the upper registers. Right now I’m considering the Penon mix based on recommendations by others for the copper & silver hybrid xinhs cable.

A very good value cable that musicalizes the TM X. Very solidly built cable ...XINHS

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHxMiHn

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #2,119 of 2,412
Comparing the XL Orange and Black Penon Liqueur tips using "At the Purchasers Options", Rhiannon Giddens, with the TM X IEM, there is a deep drum and bass guitar intro. It takes a lot of concentration, and plenty of repetitive listening. They are very close, too close to make a big difference, but I 'thought' the Black tips had mildly firmer edges to bass notes, but I thought I could hear slightly different textures to the short drum intro and preferred the texture of the Orange drum hits....slightly more realistic. Insertion is hard to totally get exactly the same and it is a 'take with a pinch of salt' exercise, which could easily be imagination. They are both excellent tips and to find a 15.5mm tip that is wearable is so good. Both keep a good dome shape to help bass resonances. I used the HiBy R6III as source and an XINHS mixed Silver/Copper cable. Tested with and without bass dynamics switched on.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #2,121 of 2,412
Thanks for this. I haven't heard the Penon 10th, but all 3 other Penon's I've heard have Treble that is too tame, reserved for me. "Excessive treble" for others is just right for me!

And this is the reason why I can't say the stock cable is necessarily a bad cable on the TSMR-X. It is all dependent on just how they sound for you. The treble tuning is ample on the TSMR-X again this is the specialty of the Tansio Mirai IEMs. The included cable enhances the treble aspect of the tuning.

Some may not like it, some will prefer it. I think source matching will play an important roll here as well. I personally like a bit of a warmer sounding source. My DX300Max and PB5 amp for example is perfection on the TSMR-X. Tips cables sources. It all matters.

Feb 11, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #2,122 of 2,412
The stock cable is superb on my IMR Acoustics EDP Ace really enhances the top end and details.

Feb 11, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #2,123 of 2,412
Hmm my source will be a Khadas Tea, which I believe is pretty neutral (maybe a touch on the brighter side?), but I have silver plated copper cables so that might help tone the treble down a little.

Feb 11, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #2,124 of 2,412
I think the best cable synergy for the TSMR-X will be something that does not hamper its lovely air and detail but allows its dynamics to shine.

4 cables thus far I like a lot on the TSMR-X
in no particular order

Penon OSG
ISN G4
Penon Renata
EA Cadmus X Ares S ( will post about how these cables make the TSMR-X sound even better on my review)

Feb 11, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #2,126 of 2,412
ISN G4 it is $100. But like I said. Try what you got on hand. If you haven't gotten the TSMR-X. If you like how they sound with the stock cable. No need to cable roll.

Try tip rolling first and go from there.

Feb 11, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #2,127 of 2,412
IMG_20240208_123911~4.jpg

My perfect synergy with my Clan Audio 4W silver coated Copper.

Feb 11, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #2,128 of 2,412
The literal R&D Manager at 64 Audio (which makes extremely high-end IEM's) recently stated that the first 5-15 seconds of listening with any IEM are the most important for forming an impression on the sound. So actually, your opinion here isn't even remotely accepted as fact by the engineers who actually design and tune these IEMs.

The logic isn't hard to understand: the longer you spend with something as subjective as "sound", the more you allow your brain to subconsciously start rationalizing and accepting potential flaws. Your brain will subconsciously play all sorts of tricks on you on a daily basis.

If you think an IEM has piercing treble out of the box, but after 100 hours of listening it doesn't bother you as much - do you think the IEM magically "re-tuned" itself to have less treble, or did your brain just start accepting a flaw in order to make yourself feel better?

I think you may be conflating burn in with 1st impressions. I don't listen to something with an evaluation type mindset until I've given it about 100 hrs. Once run in, I can also tell within a short period of a few clips of songs whether it's for me or not. I'm a believer in burn in and not a fan of brain burn in though I do understand how your brain will compensate after a few minutes of listening to something but for me, that's not a long term thing.

I believe that compensation of having something in your ears for too long is what he's referring to and how under those circumstances, confirmation bias can become very real. You also need to understand that when designing IEMs they do AB listening with the previous design iteration.

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #2,129 of 2,412
Comparing the XL Orange and Black Penon Liqueur tips using "At the Purchasers Options", Rhiannon Giddens, with the TM X IEM, there is a deep drum and bass guitar intro. It takes a lot of concentration, and plenty of repetitive listening. They are very close, too close to make a big difference, but I 'thought' the Black tips had mildly firmer edges to bass notes, but I thought I could hear slightly different textures to the short drum intro and preferred the texture of the Orange drum hits....slightly more realistic. Insertion is hard to totally get exactly the same and it is a 'take with a pinch of salt' exercise, which could easily be imagination. They are both excellent tips and to find a 15.5mm tip that is wearable is so good. Both keep a good dome shape to help bass resonances. I used the HiBy R6III as source and an XINHS mixed Silver/Copper cable. Tested with and without bass dynamics switched on.
I'm still enamoured with the Tansio Mirai 10th X. I'm still enamoured with the Penon Orange Liqueur tips. At first with the OG TM cable everything was good, good, except a slight lack of the 'Musicality' factor. Listening to some of the lads mentioning that it was cable and tip dependent, I did a fair amount of cable and tip rolling....and bingo great sound in all areas. There is something unique about how they present sound which is 'different' to all my other IEM's. Still in 😍. @Dsnuts you were 💯per cent on the money......to me.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #2,130 of 2,412
Hmm my source will be a Khadas Tea, which I believe is pretty neutral (maybe a touch on the brighter side?), but I have silver plated copper cables so that might help tone the treble down a little.
I'm not a believer of how wire material interact with the sound, but shouldn't copper cable reduces treble whilst anything with silver would increase the treble?

Maybe you need to take this opportunity to invest in an R2R or multi-bit dongle like RU7 :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back