Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #2,401 of 2,408
TSMR-X is an incredible set!
Have them burned in for 50+ hours and here's my modest impressions:

Bass is resonant, tight with authority, goes really deep. The bass is something real special to me, cause I never experienced anything like it! The Neo 5 gets closest from my other sets, but that bass is not so nuanced, layered or dimensional like the one in TSMR-X :beyersmile:
I have tried all 3 switches which alter the bass from 1 being the most of it, 2 is more balanced and 3 is a little shy on bass. I'm sticking with number 2 position, which seems to be enough for my taste!
I don't find the mids recessed or overwhelming either, they sit nicely in the mix, never too forward or behind. Never experienced any sibilance.
Nice 3D effect
The highs are spacious, airy, sparkly, very extended. Not too harsh or overly done.

IMG_20240412_170306.jpg

The fit is like others pointed a little tricky... If you have small ears, you might need to skip this set. The shells are on the thick side and bulkier than my other sets. I have compared it with ISN H50 cause they seem on the larger side too, but TSMR-X have this weird angling on their nozzles, which comes shorter too. Just like the H50's except for the angle. They need some adjustment in the ears and definitely playing with your eartips. I have found that some of my eartips I need to go down a size from what I normally wear. Except for the ones which use soft materials like Moondrop Spring tips, Eletech Baroque tips, Fiio's HS18 or similar.

IMG_20240412_170426.jpg

Have played with some cables too, and I think it does respond to cable rolls fantastic. The stock cable is nice, but it does sound a little bright and as a negative doesn't have Left or Right signs (not a big con though). I used a cable from IvipQ - the 101 which is a modular cable with Graphene and Copper alloy and it's really good for TSMR-X - refined mellow sound, clarity and a little warmth.
Then I gotta thank Penon for sending me the GD849, which is a thick gold-plated copper cable. Swapping to this cable and TSMR-X just became more musical with greater note weight, better realism and meatier bass. I will have to play more with the cables, but I like what I hear so far! :L3000:

IMG_20240413_144536.jpg

This is an extraordinary set with exeptional value and great sound. A defenate upgrade and a clear recommendation!

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #2,402 of 2,408
1713357924210.png

What a sexy cable pairing, TSMR X + Penon Quattro 4.4 cable.

Since I receive the X I stop reviewing anything and just get immerse non stop in their lush bassy musicality.
Ill call these: ''Jack of all trades, master of bass''...I was so enamoured with Dual coaxial DD bass of the Feat and the X is perfect upgrade to it, we go more W shape and open sounding with improved imaging and sens of holographic soundstage, we have more treble bite and snap too (especially with switch 3 up)
these can go super warm if you choose 12 switch up 3 down, mid centric with just switch 2 up, L shape bassy with 1 up, W shape with all switch up, kinda U shape 1+3 up...

anyway, this isn't all.

1713358156990.png

it seem the ''active back filter'' is thinked to be swap...but we only have one module...will Tansio release more? a bit like 64audio apex module (but more active due to film reflector that rebound and densify infra bass)...if so, lets hope its no 100$ module (its a scam tbh) i think it would be excellent idea cause these ''bass reflector'' inflict alot on sound, without it it suck out all the bass goodness.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #2,403 of 2,408
it seem the ''active back filter'' is thinked to be swap...but we only have one module...will Tansio release more? a bit like 64audio apex module (but more active due to film reflector that rebound and densify infra bass)...if so, lets hope its no 100$ module (its a scam tbh) i think it would be excellent idea cause these ''bass reflector'' inflict alot on sound, without it it suck out all the bass goodness.
In my opinion (Steve Austin, "and that's all that matters, . . ." 👿), the X's choice in having a fixed aperture, in the receptacle, for the driver, is limiting.

Unlike a more open design, like the LZ A4 Pro
A4 Pro vents.jpg

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #2,404 of 2,408
1713357924210.png

What a sexy cable pairing, TSMR X + Penon Quattro 4.4 cable.

Since I receive the X I stop reviewing anything and just get immerse non stop in their lush bassy musicality.
Ill call these: ''Jack of all trades, master of bass''...I was so enamoured with Dual coaxial DD bass of the Feat and the X is perfect upgrade to it, we go more W shape and open sounding with improved imaging and sens of holographic soundstage, we have more treble bite and snap too (especially with switch 3 up)
these can go super warm if you choose 12 switch up 3 down, mid centric with just switch 2 up, L shape bassy with 1 up, W shape with all switch up, kinda U shape 1+3 up...

anyway, this isn't all.

1713358156990.png

Looking at the "filter" and noticing that two of the 3 slots have a rubber gasket, I experimented and pulled the piece out of the right IEM and flipped it around so that going in only 1 of the rubber gaskets is inside the cavity. TBH I'm not sure I could tell much difference between the 2 ears -- maybe it was a tad bit lighter in bass, but I think having either of the rubber gaskets within the cavity achieves the desire dampening, so its probably not worth messing with it after all!

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #2,405 of 2,408
Has anyone here tried using an impedance adapter with their TSMR-X? I just threw a cheap 25 ohm one from AE on and have been liking what I'm hearing, particularly on the 010 setting. Normally I prefer the 011 setting, but 010 with the adapter is just right. Adds more bass, warmth and lushness, at least to my ear. Could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I don't think it is - would be interested to know if others hear the same.

This is adapter I'm using, for reference. "VE Impedance Adapter By VECLAN 75Ω 25Ω 50Ω"

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #2,407 of 2,408
First impressions TSMR FEAT HYBRID 2DDX 2BA
TSMR have really laid a number on us, especially if this is the style of town you want to visit. You may be wondering why no switch changing tool is provided with the extras? That is because this is the very first TSMR with no switches, the FEAT is also a bold departure into a new territory for TSMR. Gone are those bright treble lights a glowing with products like the Land or Sands................here we are visiting a lusher and slightly more sleepy toned-down after dark sound. Yet this is a Hybrid, so it still offers a big contrasty tone in response to the 2DD used for bass and the 2BAs used for midrange and treble. Let me just say, that even with the tonal contrast distance between trebles and bass providers.........................this is still a very laid back and easy listen..............for me anyway. Providing more musicality than technicality, the FEAT is fun and smooth. A small form-factor shows TSMR is working on a separate tune, one that is made for a younger and more bass needy crowd. Now the burn-in starts...........for 7 days straight.

DSC_0013.jpeg2dqd2.jpeg

DSC_0002.jpegd.jpeg

one.jpeg

DSC_0031.jpegwx.jpeg

DSC_0047.jpegwc.jpeg

DSC_0063.jpege.jpeg

DSC_0057.jpegd.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #2,408 of 2,408
TSMR FEAT (1 Knowles BA treble X 1 Knowles BA mids X 2x8mm DD bass)
HiBy R3 II DAP
ISN T-OCC cable
Penon Liqueur Series Silicone Eartips

Going on 7 days of solid burn-in made a huge difference, FEAT review in a day or two, if I can still function? :)

Imagine the price of quality playback is getting fairly low cost.
The HiBy R3 II DAP at $179.00
The TSMR FEAT at $239.00
And the ISN T-OCC cable at just $119.00

DSC_0274.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0271.jpegce.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back