Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 8, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #616 of 2,410
Thanks for the reply
Im not sensitive to the treble on the MEST although it is sibilant on some tracks. So I HOPE that the same treble emphasis of the LAND shouldnt be too much. Everything else about the LAND seems to fit the bill of what im looking for but.....
Honestly, I'm looking for a tribrid that has these characteristics of Fun, Engaging, and Dynamic. Also good leading edge, resolving and detailed, DD punchy with deep subbass rumble when called upon.
Knowing your extensive experience with so many sets, what springs to mind? LAND or maybe something completely different I'm open to anything.
Library is mostly rock and metal, in just about all forms, post, prog., stoner, grunge, Etc. Some Edm,pop, hip hop.
I have other sets for classical, acoustic, jazz so no need to overlap.
Thanks
I so happen to own the IT07 as well. IBasso has made a very nice hybrid in the IT07 most definitely their best sounding earphones to date. I love my IT07 I have been using it ever since I got them on and off pending the occasional reviews I do in between phones but it is a definite part of my rotation of earphones. There are some similarities between the IT07 presentation and the LAND. Both having some outstanding stage and imaging. IT07 is balanced a touch better than the LAND but otherwise they both will go toe to toe vs each other. In fact I am certain in a blind test of your non knowing listener. I am gonna doubt one will be the clear winner over the other.

Here is where the craziness begins. You all know how much I love my Volts as well. I can say the LAND hangs easily with both these earphone. It is somewhere between these two earphones in my collection. LAND has some outstanding sub bass performance but it so happens that all 3 does bass extremely well. The IT07 has the slight edge for sub bass grunt but the LAND and Volts right behind the IT07 in the bass department. All 3 have good balancing while the Volts has Penons house tuning with superior rich mids performance the other two are not far behind there, I would put IT07 and the LAND in a tie for mids. Treble wise all 3 throw out treble a bit differently but all 3 are detailed and have fantastic trebles.. All 3 have some excellent stage. IT07 has the best width of stage but again the other two are right there but both the LAND and the VOLTs have superior height and depth over the IT07. I will put the Volts having a smooth slightly warm tonality, IT07 is more closer to neutral in tonality, the LAND due to ample treble has a slight cooler tonality but is really more similar to the IT07 in tonality than not. If your following what I am writing here.

LAND so happens to cost $600 vs the other two is my point. Guess which one has the best value out of the 3.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #617 of 2,410
The Land has a huge price advantage though, especially vs the IT07. We are so spoiled now, with remarkable yet affordable IEMs. No matter what IEMs I listen to, I still cant get over the Volt’s mids, especially for vocals.

May 8, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #618 of 2,410
Is what happens when Penon tunes an IEM. Have yet to hear a Penon tuned IEM with recessed mids or lack there of. No way no how. It seems they focus the sound to the mid bands and then add drivers for the bass and then the treble to accent the mids.

That is a brilliant way to tune imo.

May 9, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #619 of 2,410
Mids are the heart of music so yeah it makes perfect sense, both Tansio and Penon know their mids agreed and Volt is my #1 pick for relaxed and refined listening sessions, Land as well all said is stunning value for money easily competing with much pricier stuff. I might just have them reshelled as customs, love them so much... That's exactly what I wrote in my review, great time to be an audiophile on a budget while some flagships become luxury items and sometimes their pricing is quite questionable.

Kudos to brands who keep it real!

May 9, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #621 of 2,410
Tuning switches can have a substantial effect on Land performance
Where did you land with the tuning switches and eartips. So far I find the Land a bit too bright for my taste but I'm letting them break in for a couple more days before I play with the switches more. So far I have tried the 020, 100, and 120 settings.

May 9, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #622 of 2,410
So if I was to complain about one aspect of the LAND. I noticed Tansio Mirai throws in their standard thinner 8 cored SPC cable with all their mid to upper level earphones. While the cable is adequate. It is by no means the best for the LAND. This is the cable I am using on the LAND currently which ended up being a really good match for the LAND. I almost see it as a necessity to get the best out of the LAND. The issue there is that the stock SPC is your standard silver coated copper cable which you will see on even budget offerings and certainly don't maximize the sound of the LAND. IMO LAND deserves a better cable and one that matches up with their sonic traits much better than what the stock cable offers.

DSC08063.JPG
This cable in the scheme of things don't cost much so happens to be on sale right now on Penon site called the PAC480. I tested out their flagship TOTEM, ISN Solar and a hand full of much more expensive cables on the LAND and I come back to this cable as it is exactly what the LAND needs to maximize their ability. Compared to the stock cable, PAC480 adds more expansive stage in all directions. A meatier sounding LAND with better fullness and sounds even more dimensional due to this cable. Due to the cable adding a touch of note weight and fullness to the mids and bass end the treble is smoothed out a touch and sounds cleaner in the process. Has to do with the thicker copper weave of the cores here. Yes they are a bit bulky but the sound output is most definitely worth it especially if you need a cable to go balanced.

Even if you don't go with this particular cable, I am telling you all it is a bang for buck like you wouldn't believe in cable land. Go with a pure copper or one like this which is a semi hybrid. 1/2 the outer cores here is silver plated copper, majority of the cores make up is OCC copper. I even tried my Effect Audio Eros II 8 core UPOCC copper cable on the LAND and again I came back to this cable. Those are in no way a better cable than what this PAC480 cable I am using on the LAND is. I like having a bit of silver in the cable, pure copper cables works well on the LAND to counter that treble energy with a bit of silver for the treble sparkle, stage and imaging. These cables will be a permanent part of the LAND for me.

DSC08064.JPG
I am taking notes about the LAND sound for my review but it is difficult to go back to the stock cable after using these. It is OK to invest in a nice cable for your nice earphones. Might as well optimize the sound in the process is my point.

Oh yea despite what you read about pure silver cables. I would stay far away from pure silver for the LAND, or even just a SPC type cables. It has plenty of detail already. Adding a warmer sounding copper cable with good imaging properties makes much more sense.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #623 of 2,410
Where did you land with the tuning switches and eartips. So far I find the Land a bit too bright for my taste but I'm letting them break in for a couple more days before I play with the switches more. So far I have tried the 020, 100, and 120 settings.
I was at 120 for awhile but dialed back to 100 last night. It does present brighter at 100 but mids become clearer too. Otherwise been using Sedna reg/light tips, 2.5 stock Volt cable, SR25. I have an Eletech Fortitude cable I may test with Land. Otherwise, awaiting return of Mix cable, and arrival of pac480, which will take weeks unless I can get a hold of Penon and pay expedited before they ship

May 10, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #624 of 2,410
I so happen to own the IT07 as well. IBasso has made a very nice hybrid in the IT07 most definitely their best sounding earphones to date. I love my IT07 I have been using it ever since I got them on and off pending the occasional reviews I do in between phones but it is a definite part of my rotation of earphones. There are some similarities between the IT07 presentation and the LAND. Both having some outstanding stage and imaging. IT07 is balanced a touch better than the LAND but otherwise they both will go toe to toe vs each other. In fact I am certain in a blind test of your non knowing listener. I am gonna doubt one will be the clear winner over the other.

Here is where the craziness begins. You all know how much I love my Volts as well. I can say the LAND hangs easily with both these earphone. It is somewhere between these two earphones in my collection. LAND has some outstanding sub bass performance but it so happens that all 3 does bass extremely well. The IT07 has the slight edge for sub bass grunt but the LAND and Volts right behind the IT07 in the bass department. All 3 have good balancing while the Volts has Penons house tuning with superior rich mids performance the other two are not far behind there, I would put IT07 and the LAND in a tie for mids. Treble wise all 3 throw out treble a bit differently but all 3 are detailed and have fantastic trebles.. All 3 have some excellent stage. IT07 has the best width of stage but again the other two are right there but both the LAND and the VOLTs have superior height and depth over the IT07. I will put the Volts having a smooth slightly warm tonality, IT07 is more closer to neutral in tonality, the LAND due to ample treble has a slight cooler tonality but is really more similar to the IT07 in tonality than not. If your following what I am writing here.

LAND so happens to cost $600 vs the other two is my point. Guess which one has the best value out of the 3.
Thank you for the breakdown.
Just to be clear, these are the 3 best candidates for my previously stated use case?
Or were you just comparing three similarly price tribrids you have?

May 10, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #625 of 2,410
Interested in the Land and looking forward to some comparative reviews. I own the original 1.0 Kinera Nanna and enjoy it very much, Treble is not overdone nor fatugy=uing but at times I do wish for a bit more mids engagement, hence my interest in land.

I am a bit treble sensitive and some have described the land as bright. Is that a common view and if so, does burn in or switches position help mitigate?

Also wondering if the EST is Sonion as well as BA's, mix of Knowles and Sonion? I find the latter a bit less clinical and more musical than some Knowles, but of course that varies with tuning I know.

May 10, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #626 of 2,410
So I've been following this thread for awhile. Just not quite ready to drop more money on another IEM. I've been bouncing back and forth between my Fearless S8F and my Mangrid Tea. But the Land, well your reviews sound just right to me. The S8F are too neutral to me, and the Tea, well somethings missing. Just can't place it. How do you think the Land would sound for me ? I listen to mostly rock some metal and alternative but I have just about everything in my Shanling M6. (Aka Depeche Mode, Rush, Metallica, Alter Bridge, P!NK, Celine Dion, etc)

May 10, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #627 of 2,410
Tea can’t compete with Land but also with Reecho Insects Awaken or Fearless S8 pro.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #628 of 2,410
Interested in the Land and looking forward to some comparative reviews. I own the original 1.0 Kinera Nanna and enjoy it very much, Treble is not overdone nor fatugy=uing but at times I do wish for a bit more mids engagement, hence my interest in land.

I am a bit treble sensitive and some have described the land as bright. Is that a common view and if so, does burn in or switches position help mitigate?

Also wondering if the EST is Sonion as well as BA's, mix of Knowles and Sonion? I find the latter a bit less clinical and more musical than some Knowles, but of course that varies with tuning I know.
I wish I could be more helpful. What I can say is I’m also treble sensitive and, with the treble switch down, I’ve not had occasion to feel it was too intense. Save for Elysium, it’s the best iem I’ve heard, my favorite. It’s not as overall balanced as Ely; Land is more vivid sounding, livelier but also sounds quite natural

May 10, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #629 of 2,410
Hearing Land with a 2.5, all copper IMR cable. Very noticeable difference compared to Volt stock cable, which is a silver/copper blend, I believe. Bright-ish treble decreased. Tonality of saxes and trumpets even more to my liking. Pure copper may be a little too much though. Missing a wee bit of treble sparkle, bass a bit less impactful, stage a trifle smaller...but still sounds great! Thinking pac480 may be “just exactly perfect” for Land, given majority copper with a titch of silver. Good recommend from dsnuts!

May 10, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #630 of 2,410
Try out the PAC480 folks. It is such a good deal for a premium copper cable and so happens to match up extremely well for the LAND. It should be packed in with it. lol.
It is a bulky cable but not unwieldly or noodle like. It is actually fairly soft and pliable.
1620699910942.png

I bought both the mmcx and 2 pin versions out of the gate as soon as I saw it. You guys should know Penon does not sell or make cheap budget cables. They make premium hand built cables and their cheapest cables to date was their CS819 cable which also cost $50. Their cheapest premium line of cables is the OS849 @ $120 which also happens to be one of their most popular cables. The PAC480s have no business being as good as they are at the price they are selling them for, they easily hang with their premium line of cables but at an intro price that is too good to miss out on. The LAND becomes a different animal with this cable folks is all I am gonna say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back