Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 5, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #602 of 2,410
Very beautiful sounding iem, Land is.
Has its own niche in my collection, in ascending order from warm to bright (personal interprets of such):

Volt -> ESR2 -> SA6 -> Land -> Oxygen

Other, unstated qualifiers there, too; but, overall, a very nice spectrum of sorts as far as sound flavors go.

disclaimer: I reserve foolish right to be fickle and suddenly, whimsically decide otherwise 🙃

May 5, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #603 of 2,410
But do you know an approximate date for the release of the TSMR Spark?

As I said before it probably makes sense for Tansio to space releases so not immediately after Land I wouldn't expect imminently but since it's announced with pics not too far away in the future either since there will be summer vacations, unless it arrives in september...

May 5, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #604 of 2,410
As I said before it probably makes sense for Tansio to space releases so not immediately after Land I wouldn't expect imminently but since it's announced with pics not too far away in the future either since there will be summer vacations, unless it arrives in september...
Sorry if they're easy to find but do you have a link to the TSMR Spark pics? Haven't seen them yet!

May 5, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #606 of 2,410
Sorry if they're easy to find but do you have a link to the TSMR Spark pics? Haven't seen them yet!
3E7056B3-C086-42DF-97BC-ACF042063E65.jpeg

May 6, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #607 of 2,410
1620304185686.png

1620304201244.png

He mentioned that it sounds like a S8F with a DD.

May 6, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #609 of 2,410
May 8, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #612 of 2,410
I own the OG MEST and the LAND compliments it well actually. Driver types are similar but Tansio Mirai and UM both tune to their own philosophies. Both earphones have excellent dynamics stage and detail but while the MEST has its unique dimensional imaging the LAND is no weak sauce in that department and has a better mids presentation vs the MEST.

What folks will be very surprised about both of these though. MEST being almost 3X more in cost. Certainly don't sound 3X more in sound. BC driver in the MESTs is what makes them a bit unique and I suppose warrant the cost but again I think if folks that own much higher end tribrids will be honestly surprised at the sound quality level of the LAND at their price range.

I had a good buddy who recently purchased the LAND waited for ever for a good value tribrid with some EST drivers and the LAND was a no brainer. I don't consider the LAND a must own if you have one of the MEST variants but I dont have to own the myriad of other IEMs I own either. Lol.

These guys make great earphones and if your attracted to greatness. Why not.

May 8, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #613 of 2,410
I own the OG MEST and the LAND compliments it well actually. Driver types are similar but Tansio Mirai and UM both tune to their own philosophies. Both earphones have excellent dynamics stage and detail but while the MEST has its unique dimensional imaging the LAND is no weak sauce in that department and has a better mids presentation vs the MEST.

What folks will be very surprised about both of these though. MEST being almost 3X more in cost. Certainly don't sound 3X more in sound. BC driver in the MESTs is what makes them a bit unique and I suppose warrant the cost but again I think if folks that own much higher end tribrids will be honestly surprised at the sound quality level of the LAND at their price range.

I had a good buddy who recently purchased the LAND waited for ever for a good value tribrid with some EST drivers and the LAND was a no brainer. I don't consider the LAND a must own if you have one of the MEST variants but I dont have to own the myriad of other IEMs I own either. Lol.

These guys make great earphones and if your attracted to greatness. Why not.
Thanks for the reply
Im not sensitive to the treble on the MEST although it is sibilant on some tracks. So I HOPE that the same treble emphasis of the LAND shouldnt be too much. Everything else about the LAND seems to fit the bill of what im looking for but.....
Honestly, I'm looking for a tribrid that has these characteristics of Fun, Engaging, and Dynamic. Also good leading edge, resolving and detailed, DD punchy with deep subbass rumble when called upon.
Knowing your extensive experience with so many sets, what springs to mind? LAND or maybe something completely different I'm open to anything.
Library is mostly rock and metal, in just about all forms, post, prog., stoner, grunge, Etc. Some Edm,pop, hip hop.
I have other sets for classical, acoustic, jazz so no need to overlap.
Thanks

May 8, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #614 of 2,410
Thanks for the reply
Im not sensitive to the treble on the MEST although it is sibilant on some tracks. So I HOPE that the same treble emphasis of the LAND shouldnt be too much. Everything else about the LAND seems to fit the bill of what im looking for but.....
Honestly, I'm looking for a tribrid that has these characteristics of Fun, Engaging, and Dynamic. Also good leading edge, resolving and detailed, DD punchy with deep subbass rumble when called upon.
Knowing your extensive experience with so many sets, what springs to mind? LAND or maybe something completely different I'm open to anything.
Library is mostly rock and metal, in just about all forms, post, prog., stoner, grunge, Etc. Some Edm,pop, hip hop.
I have other sets for classical, acoustic, jazz so no need to overlap.
Thanks
I am curious how the Land compares to the IT07.

May 8, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #615 of 2,410
I haven't heard IT07 but from what I have read it's more reference sounding... the Land midrange is not neutral but has become one of my favorites, it's so addictive and engaging one of the best at any price point... I so look forward to Spark, I trust Tansio so much I'll be blind purchasing it custom like I did for Volt and I am sure I won't regret it. I regret not getting Zodiac custom back then, still one of the most natural mids around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back