Talk me out of buying a WA2
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 42

Quote:
So, ever end up placing an order for a Woo amp?

Me?   Ya

In terms of marital negotiations, I have a small window to build a headphone system to replace the living room system that I gave up. The next box that gets delivered to the house is likely the last one I'll get a pass on. It may as well be a WA2.

Quote:
Yup Do not do it.  Buy an Wooaudio 5 instead.

I looked and considered it. My budget has room for either the WA5 or a WA2 and a pair of HD800 or T1s.
Additionally, I likely have a 10yr supply of driver and power tubes for the WA2. The cost of tube rolling the WA5 looks a bit steep for me.

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #33 of 42

I had a WA3 (bought used, loved it), after about 8 months I decided to buy a WA6 new from WOO and it's a great amp too but with a different sound.

I wanted to be able to listen to different sources without having to unplug and plug them in, I found a used WA2 on Audiogon for a great price and I haven't regretted it one bit. All of the tubes I had bought for the WA3 work with the WA2. I've sold my WA3, and haven't listened to the WA6 since I've installed the WA2. It really is a great amp.

If you like the sound of the WA3, get yourself the WA2 I don't think you'll regret it. To save yourself some $$$ keep an eye out for a used one.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #34 of 42

Quote:
The WA22 only has two inputs, one of them being balanced. 

Two inputs works fine for me. The balanced are connected to a DacMagic which is fed by a CD transport and the analogue are used by a Yahama SACD player

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #35 of 42
Wow,

My Wa2 arrived on Friday. I expected a subtle improvement after a month of burn in. Nothing subtle about the difference. Even with a new compliment of tubes, there is a new level of detail with the Wa2.

Thanks for the advice (even if I did blow most of it off). Time to sell the Wa3 to help fund some T1s.

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #37 of 42

Quote:
Congratz Stan,

Even after blowing off everyone's advice, no pics of that beauty?...lol

Not the easiest thing to photograph. Tube glow and contrast with the black case seem mutually exclusive.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #38 of 42
I haven't been around much lately and it's good to see Head-Fi hasn't changed.

Someone asks for members to talk him out of expensive purchase. One month later OP is showing pics of his new purchase.

Very nice amp BTW. Gratz!

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #39 of 42
Am I looking at the amp of my future?

(I am the one who bought your Woo Audio 3+ last night for use with my beyer 880/600) 

Naturally I guess I will upgrade some day!  Anyway your woo is getting a good home.  

JP

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #40 of 42
party-of-no.jpg

Don't do it!
You will just regret later down the road when upgraditis hit you HARD!

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #42 of 42

Quote:
Am I looking at the amp of my future?

Anyway your woo is getting a good home.  

JP

Could be, upgrade-itis is contagious and this is where you get it.

I've been informed that my "get out of jail free" card for audio equipment has now expired.   ...    Good thing I snuck those T1s in under the wire.

Hope you enjoy the Woo 3+ as much as I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back