Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #3,872 of 4,535
After buying the takstar 580s and finding them amazing value with a small change of pads, I thought would try the pro 82s.

So, how are they? As the frequency chart says. Good bass. Thin mids. Good treble.

Compared to the 580s or senn 650s, The mids are poor. Voices don't sound full enough.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #3,873 of 4,535
After buying the takstar 580s and finding them amazing value with a small change of pads, I thought would try the pro 82s.

So, how are they? As the frequency chart says. Good bass. Thin mids. Good treble.

Compared to the 580s or senn 650s, The mids are poor. Voices don't sound full enough.
When I first got Pro 82 after listening to mid-forward headphones for years, its mids seemed recessed to me too (as I mentioned in my initial review).
Now I understand that it's perfectly neutral, not recessed - and mid-forward headphones make my brain overheat.
If you want thicker notes, that's easy to achieve - buy the P10 + El-D01 synergy combo: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-141#post-14373423

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #3,874 of 4,535

Interesting. I've had the Takstar Pro 82's for almost a year and love the sound. I haven't once felt vocals were weak.

But then, I am a fan of the smile eq. I like robust bass and crisp highs.

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,875 of 4,535
I will give them some time, I don't think it's a case of burn in, more my brain getting used to a different presentation

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #3,877 of 4,535
Do you still have a link for the ELE EL-D01 ? I can't find it anymore in aliexpress.
Here is the only store still carrying it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846934366.html
Those who didn't buy one yet, should hurry - it can disappear at any time. Don't pay attention to the high "pieces available" number - it's meaningless.
Once it's gone, two out of three synergy combos will be obsolete...

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #3,878 of 4,535
Thank you very much. It's a little cheaper in ebay (I don't have to pay for shipping in a couple of dubious stores), but definitively affordable.

I stopped getting mails about this thread updating and now I see that I was 50 pages behind, I'm trying to get up to date. I can see the SMSL Idea doesn't sell anymore and the Sabaj D2 doesn't ship to México (dunno why).

By the way, have you tried any Audiotrak DAC ?

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #3,879 of 4,535
Thank you very much. It's a little cheaper in ebay (I don't have to pay for shipping in a couple of dubious stores), but definitively affordable.

I stopped getting mails about this thread updating and now I see that I was 50 pages behind, I'm trying to get up to date.
This happens sometimes. What you need to do is to "Unwatch" this thread, and then "Watch" it again, choosing to receive emails:
1612523430658.png

I can see the SMSL Idea doesn't sell anymore and the Sabaj D2 doesn't ship to México (dunno why).
I asked the Sabaj store to enable shipping to Mexico, and add cheaper options - currently only expensive EMS and DHL are available.
Maybe you should contact them too.

By the way, have you tried any Audiotrak DAC ?
No

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #3,880 of 4,535
Yeah, I already asked them an hour ago why they aren't shipping to México. It feels like looking for a legendary relic of an ancient civilization, not many sites sells that even though amazon was selling them for over 3 years according to keepa.

Feb 5, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #3,881 of 4,535
Yeah it's weird - I mean they risk not only reputation but also potential refund or re-send . Don't understand logic in that.
I'm torn between PRO82's and CM clones MH751. Maybe I'll wait till black friday and 82's price will be just too good to pass :)

BTW you guys should look into CouponPals on Ali as you can easly get $8/32 or $9/50 coupon to get price lower

I just realize something. I read a post about some amazing sony IEMs back in nov (around the same time of the post quoting), called the MH755 and MH750 which are famous for having a Harman Neutral sound and if my memory doesn't fail me, so these GM200 and probably Pros 82 have the Harman Neutral sound as well.

I managed to bought the MH750s for my girlfriend, seems they are authentic, but we havent get togheter because the pandemic situation, so I still haven't tested those yet.

Well, the thing is I think the CM clones are named like the Sony's because of the Harman curve I assume.
----
Btw, thanks for posting about the BTR3k!

When I bought the Sony's, I was thinking about modding them to put them a balanced cable. I do have too some Onkyo's HF300 that could bet just simple plugged with a balanced cable without modding them, but looking for a cheap 2.5mm balanced device is not an easy task, because most of them are just amps and not dac+amps.

Seems like the Fiio should be priority until Sabaj can send DA2 to my country.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #3,882 of 4,535
I read that the Xanova Juturna XH300 is the same as the Takstar Pro 82 (and here in my country it's half the price of the Takstar).
Does anybody know if this Xanova Juturna is based on the v1 or the v2 version?

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #3,884 of 4,535
Yeah, I already asked them an hour ago why they aren't shipping to México. It feels like looking for a legendary relic of an ancient civilization, not many sites sells that even though amazon was selling them for over 3 years according to keepa.
It is legendary relic! Coupled with O2, the sound is absolutely legendary.

I just realize something. I read a post about some amazing sony IEMs back in nov (around the same time of the post quoting), called the MH755 and MH750 which are famous for having a Harman Neutral sound and if my memory doesn't fail me, so these GM200 and probably Pros 82 have the Harman Neutral sound as well.
Pro82/GM200 frequency response is a lot more neutral than the Harman Curve.
The Harman curve is an average of preferences of hundreds listeners - it's kinda like an average temperature in a hospital - some people run a fever, some are room temperature :)
1612557225205.png

Well, the thing is I think the CM clones are named like the Sony's because of the Harman curve I assume.
I doubt CM chose the model numbers because of Sony.

Btw, thanks for posting about the BTR3k!
You are welcome! Pro 82 is now my favorite Bluetooth headphone :jecklinsmile:

Seems like the Fiio should be priority until Sabaj can send DA2 to my country.
Agree.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #3,885 of 4,535
How are Pro 82 in terms of build quality? I wanted to buy the MH752 from CoolerMaster since it has a mic too and it's based on pro 82, but I read many negative stuff about the right side stop working so no sound from 1 side, crosstalk with the mic etc.

It's ok if it doesnt have a mic, I do have a boompro (no idea if I can connect it to Pro 82 tho). So I wanted to ask if they also break easily or they dont have those problems that the version of CM has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back