Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #3,841 of 4,535
The clamping force should be the same - are you sure that both headbands are extended in exactly the same way?
The foam may fell firmer at first, but with use it will probably soften up
Yeah, they are extended the same. It's probably just because they're new and that the clamp force will weaken over time to what the older pair has. I've heard that is common in headphones. However, the softness of the pads, as noted in the diyaudioheaven comparison, is said to be a difference between revisions. This change lines up with mine, unlike the shape of the earpads. But, it may be yet another sample variance, or like you said, just something that will improve with time.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #3,842 of 4,535
So I went and got these Brainwavz velour pads for my 82 Pro. Removing the stock pads was a bit tricky and I broke one of the plastic rings. Not the end of the world, after all one of the upsides of these cans is that they're enormously good sounding AND cheap enough that it's not a major disaster if something breaks. And like, after pulling the Brainwavz over the cans, the broken ring doesn't register at all anyway. I wanted a replacement of the stock pads since the material just didn't agree with me. It made them a little uncomfortable to wear over longer periods of time. These new pads don't heat up as much and feel nicer on my head.

In terms of sound, they do have a little bit of an impact. They isolate quite well, but I don't think they do that better or worse than the stock pads really. To me they improve the overall sound, but that could also just be a placebo effect since the headphones are now more comfortable... I have a really difficult assessing things like that. To me they sound great, but I do think they alter the sound of the 82 Pro ever so slightly. I just lack the vocabulary to accurately describe what's going on there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4FF2G7

Attachments

• IMG_5210.JPEG
    IMG_5210.JPEG
    879 KB · Views: 0
Jan 3, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #3,843 of 4,535
So I went and got these Brainwavz velour pads for my 82 Pro. Removing the stock pads was a bit tricky and I broke one of the plastic rings. Not the end of the world, after all one of the upsides of these cans is that they're enormously good sounding AND cheap enough that it's not a major disaster if something breaks. And like, after pulling the Brainwavz over the cans, the broken ring doesn't register at all anyway. I wanted a replacement of the stock pads since the material just didn't agree with me. It made them a little uncomfortable to wear over longer periods of time. These new pads don't heat up as much and feel nicer on my head.

In terms of sound, they do have a little bit of an impact. They isolate quite well, but I don't think they do that better or worse than the stock pads really. To me they improve the overall sound, but that could also just be a placebo effect since the headphones are now more comfortable... I have a really difficult assessing things like that. To me they sound great, but I do think they alter the sound of the 82 Pro ever so slightly. I just lack the vocabulary to accurately describe what's going on there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4FF2G7
Perhaps I am not understanding...but how did you get these on if you broke the ring?

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #3,844 of 4,535
Perhaps I am not understanding...but how did you get these on if you broke the ring?

Just pulled them over the whole contraption. They stay on tight without the need for mechanical fastening. It's a bit rinkydink of a technique, but it works. I've added a picture, I am aware this is not how it's SUPPOSED to be, but none the less, it works. (I do wonder now if there is any kind of tonal difference between actually fastening the pads and just pulling them over the whole thing...)

Attachments

• IMG_5216.jpeg
    IMG_5216.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,846 of 4,535
As for the sound, not completely sure since I didn't spend that long comparing because it was so obvious which was better. I believe some stuff I listened to for bass/low mids(?) were the first five tracks in Spotify's Instrumental Funk Playlist (very nice btw). Not sure if reverb was the way to describe it, might be bass resonance and/or transparency, but maybe you'll see what I mean if you have a v0.9, particularly in 'October', 'Basket Case', and 'It Gets Funkier IV'. The difference was definitely not just in the treble, unless that was affecting the whole sound in some big way. So that to me confirms that TakstarOfficial on amazon is selling the v0.9, or at least not the v1.

These tracks indeed sound very good on Pro 82 v2 and GM200

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #3,848 of 4,535
A must read for anyone who considers buying the P10.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nobsound-little-bear-p10.886582/

The bottom line for me from this thread is this:

I spent a lot of time listening to the Shuguang, and if you never swapped out the stock tube you'd be doing just fine. But I can definitely say it was the limiting factor in this amp, and there are improvements to be made in the sound with other tubes.

And if you swap the tube:
"It turns out that the unit wants a power cycle and a complete drain of the capacitors, and needs the power cable completely disconnected from the unit before it plays nice with another tube. So it seems the circuit does have some self biasing, and the bias pots are there simply to fine tune the circuits self biasing."

Another thing is that the newer model has thicker spacers, so more air can flow above the heatsinks:
Spacer.png

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #3,849 of 4,535
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Is this an original vmoda boom pro mic? I was planning to buy the vmooda and an adapter for my takstar pro 82.
Can you reccomend me any mic? I would like to buy a mic similar to the vmoda boom pro, in terms of sound quality. I've heard about the ketdirect but im not gonna buy it because the quality is just too bad. Any 2.5mm mic that are similar to the vmoda? I haven't find any...
And i also wanted to know if i have to plug the mic cable and the stereo cable to the computer to let the vmoda boom pro work, so plug it into the splitter or if i can just plug the 3.5mm directly into the pc. Right now i have the dragon fly black... it has only the audio output... so will i be able to use the vmoda boompro with the dragonfly black? Or i will have to insert the audio cable of the vmoda boompro into the dragonfly black and the mic into the motherboard mic input? Ok... i saw a video from zeos and yes, he said that you have to plug the audio into the dac/amp and the microphone jack into the pc motherboard.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #3,851 of 4,535
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just entering the world of good quality sound. I am currently using takstar HD2000. Very interesting headphones, but I would like something better. I miss a little bass in the HD2000, the detail is brilliant and I wish the new headphones had the same. I am thinking of a PRO82 or GM200. However, I haven't found the sound signature for the HD2000 anywhere and it's hard for me to compare it to the PRO82 and GM200. I use headphones for watching movies (50%), listening to music (40%), games (10%). Which of these headphones will be better? Headphones connected mainly to the iPhone 11, but with time I plan to buy a DAC.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,852 of 4,535
Do you have a preference between the two BenF?
I do prefer Pro 82 over GM200 in general, but for this kind of music many people that lean towards the "basshead" definition, would prefer GM200.
I personally still liked Pro 82 just a bit better.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #3,853 of 4,535
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just entering the world of good quality sound. I am currently using takstar HD2000. Very interesting headphones, but I would like something better. I miss a little bass in the HD2000, the detail is brilliant and I wish the new headphones had the same. I am thinking of a PRO82 or GM200. However, I haven't found the sound signature for the HD2000 anywhere and it's hard for me to compare it to the PRO82 and GM200. I use headphones for watching movies (50%), listening to music (40%), games (10%). Which of these headphones will be better? Headphones connected mainly to the iPhone 11, but with time I plan to buy a DAC.
There aren't much reviews for HD2000 since it was released about 5 years ago, which probably a sign of a mediocre headphone.
You can't go wrong with either Pro 82 or GM200, either one will be a huge upgrade, especially after you'll add a DAC/Amp.

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #3,854 of 4,535
Hello, in my country i can only buy Takstar Pro 82 V1, there's no V2, i would rather not buy from aliexpress (no warranty, also no black color). So i can chose between Takstar Pro 82 V1 vs Cooler Master MH751 vs Takstar GM200, also one shop said that they will have Takstar GM200 with bassport on march(did you hear about GM200 with bassport?) So basicaly MH751 and GM200 are both based on Takstar Pro V2, right? So whats your recommendation if you could chose between them? GM200, MH751 or Takstar Pro 82 V1?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back