Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #3,827 of 4,538
SHP9500 is very bass-light, so it's not suitable for you.
For metal Pro 82 is a better choice, for techno GM200.
For metal (on either Pro 82 or GM200) I recommend Khadas Tone Board + O2, they will allow the headphones to handle complicated metal properly without becoming muddy.

Well instead of the shp9500 I picked up a hd598 2nd hand for a price I couldnt resist (45 euro). I will be selling my cloud flights and getting also the Gm200 for the money :)

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #3,828 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!

Why would you buy from a store known for shipping fake GM200 (as well as fake-shipping Pro 82) just to save 5$?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-209#post-15341809

BTW, I see the price of 59.27$ in that store while TakstarAudio is 62.99$ - which with the 4$ coupon in the first post is actually cheaper than MH Recording Music Store...
Hi! First of all thanks for all the info about these headphones, I'm sure I will learn a lot from this thread. I too bought a Takstar Pro 82 from MH Recording Music Store, didn't know was that awful until I read this thread.

I ordered in 11/11 promo, they took like a week just for shipping then something weird happened, the package was returned to seller after some days of being shipped, I buy in a regular basis from AliExpress (because here in Chile this is the best option for better prices) and this never happened to me once.

I contacted the seller who just apologized and do a second shipping two days after, I just received my headphones since 11/11, go figure.

They arrived in a cardboard box with a bag, I don't have the necessary knowledge to know if they are fake but they are in great condition, look and sound amazing, before this headphones I had an Mpow H12 and Samson Sr850, and several KZ earphones like Zs3.

Did you have by any chance an EQ settings guide or some tips to make these Pro 82 sound even better, other than buy an amp or dac?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #3,829 of 4,538
...Did you have by any chance an EQ settings guide or some tips to make these Pro 82 sound even better, other than buy an amp or dac?
Pro 82 is tuned to perfection, I wouldn't want to EQ it - but it's a matter of personal preference.

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #3,831 of 4,538
GM200 is compatible with Pro 82 cables.
You can buy a Pro 82 v1 (2.2m) replacement cable here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001210857463.html
A generic cable is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812479789.html

Just for information, I have a GM200 and I wanted a cheap cable (black) with integrated mic to use in the street. I bought this model one made for the Bose QC25: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32910521738.html

It worked perfectly with my GM200! The mic is good too, and I'm also using it to play games, instead of the original red one. I liked its rubber cable too.

So if anyone wants a very cheap cable that works for GM200 and Pro82, this one will do the job.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3,832 of 4,538
And if I want to tune GM200 to be in synergy with ELE EL-D01 and P10? Is there anything I can do?
Maybe if GM200's bass is EQ'd down to the Pro 82 level, it could regain the synergy.
This probably won't work though, as EQ often changes sound beyond just adjusting the frequency. Plus there could be other differences between GM200 and Pro 82 sound that aren't reflected in FR measurements.
Your best bet is buying Pro 82 v2 and enjoying both.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #3,833 of 4,538
OK so I've had this headphone for a while now and am impressed by it. It's proven to make me reach for them more often than I thought I would. Being closed back it also gives me the option to listen even if the house isn't quiet. All my other hp's (except my new Monoprice Retro) are semi open or open back and with a loud Italian\Portuguese family it's nice to have a closed back.
I would have to say I rate it higher than the Retro also. I listen with the ports closed or open to the first position and I'm surprised how good they can sound. Excellent job Takstar!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #3,834 of 4,538
OK so I've had this headphone for a while now and am impressed by it. It's proven to make me reach for them more often than I thought I would. Being closed back it also gives me the option to listen even if the house isn't quiet. All my other hp's (except my new Monoprice Retro) are semi open or open back and with a loud Italian\Portuguese family it's nice to have a closed back.
I would have to say I rate it higher than the Retro also. I listen with the ports closed or open to the first position and I'm surprised how good they can sound. Excellent job Takstar!

Loud Italian/Portuguese families should be used to test headphone isolation/noise cancellation in the same way that jet engine noises are used :jecklinsmile:

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #3,835 of 4,538
Hello again!

Finally got my V2 Takstar Pro 82s from TakstarAudio Aliexpress, and first impressions are surprising.

BIG difference in sound-quality between them and the V1/0.9 from TakstarOfficial on Amazon. Makes me think they must be a V0.9 as its so obviously different sounding. Not exaggerating much to say it is 10x more different than the difference of using the BTR3K vs Behringer vs mobo audio. Anyone would notice. It's practically a different model headphone. They could have called it the Pro 83.

Thoughts so far are that it's clearly better sounding, the bass is perhaps the largest difference I can tell immediately, where I am noticing lowish-end reverb from instruments that is almost completely inaudible in the v1/0.9s. The other thing I've noticed so far, is the sharpness/harshness of the high-end I didn't even realise was there in the old ones is now utterly gone.

There are definitely more things I could notice between them if I compare them for longer, but those two sound differences are likely the most important factors in them sounding very different to me.

Perhaps the only downside is the shape of the new earpads. They are probably what's partially contributing to the better sound, but they are slightly less comfortable as they now have more edit: less of an oval shape which is somewhat increasing the space for my ears. I guess I would have also preferred the metal jacketed cable of the older revision too, not sure why they decided to get rid of that. New 1.6m cable length is excellent though.

I might make another post after comparing the BTR3K and the other dac I have with these new headphones.

Thanks for telling me about the V2's BenF!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #3,836 of 4,538
Hello again!

Finally got my V2 Takstar Pro 82s from TakstarAudio Aliexpress, and first impressions are surprising.

BIG difference in sound-quality between them and the V1/0.9 from TakstarOfficial on Amazon. Makes me think they must be a V0.9 as its so obviously different sounding. Not exaggerating much to say it is 10x more different than the difference of using the BTR3K vs Behringer vs mobo audio. Anyone would notice. It's practically a different model headphone. They could have called it the Pro 83.

Thoughts so far are that it's clearly better sounding, the bass is perhaps the largest difference I can tell immediately, where I am noticing lowish-end reverb from instruments that is almost completely inaudible in the v1/0.9s. The other thing I've noticed so far, is the sharpness/harshness of the high-end I didn't even realise was there in the old ones is now utterly gone.

There are definitely more things I could notice between them if I compare them for longer, but those two sound differences are likely the most important factors in them sounding very different to me.

Looks like you had v0.9 - the difference between proper v1 and v2 should be only in treble - the annoyong treble peak is removed:
1609427676839.png

Can you post names of some tracks where you hear this reverb?

Perhaps the only downside is the shape of the new earpads. They are probably what's partially contributing to the better sound, but they are slightly less comfortable as they now have more of an oval shape which is somewhat decreasing the space for my ears. I guess I would have also prefered the metal jacketed cable of the older revision too, not sure why they decided to get rid of that. New 1.6m cable length is excellent though.

I might make another post after comparing the BTR3K and the other dac I have with these new headphones.
Can you please post a picture of the earpads side-by-side? All of mine seem to be similarly oval.

Thanks for telling me about the V2's BenF!
You are welcome!

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #3,837 of 4,538
Looks like you had v0.9 - the difference between proper v1 and v2 should be only in treble - the annoyong treble peak is removed:

Can you post names of some tracks where you hear this reverb?

Can you please post a picture of the earpads side-by-side? All of mine seem to be similarly oval.

You are welcome!

Unfortunately I already packed up the old Pro 82's since I can still return them to amazon, so I'd rather not take a picture of them. But, it's exactly the same change in the shape of the earpads outlined by diyaudioheaven's comparison of the different revisions. It's subtle in that picture, more visible in reality I think. In my previous post I mixed it up, for some reason I said the new one's are more oval but it was actually the other way around, the old ones are more oval. I guess my ears preferred a little more space length-wise. The new ones are still good though. I feel like the new pads might seal more easily too, but not sure if thats just because they are brand new and their clamp force can be broken-in more. With both versions, I'm still unable to get a suction level seal while wearing glasses, which could be a bigger problem for some.

As for the sound, not completely sure since I didn't spend that long comparing because it was so obvious which was better. I believe some stuff I listened to for bass/low mids(?) were the first five tracks in Spotify's Instrumental Funk Playlist (very nice btw). Not sure if reverb was the way to describe it, might be bass resonance and/or transparency, but maybe you'll see what I mean if you have a v0.9, particularly in 'October', 'Basket Case', and 'It Gets Funkier IV'. The difference was definitely not just in the treble, unless that was affecting the whole sound in some big way. So that to me confirms that TakstarOfficial on amazon is selling the v0.9, or at least not the v1.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention was that the BTR3K static noise at high volumes is gone now (with the older version too), leading me to believe it was probably a result of some other wireless interference like you suggested.

Dec 31, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #3,838 of 4,538
Unfortunately I already packed up the old Pro 82's since I can still return them to amazon, so I'd rather not take a picture of them. But, it's exactly the same change in the shape of the earpads outlined by diyaudioheaven's comparison of the different revisions. It's subtle in that picture, more visible in reality I think. In my previous post I mixed it up, for some reason I said the new one's are more oval but it was actually the other way around, the old ones are more oval. I guess my ears preferred a little more space length-wise. The new ones are still good though. I feel like the new pads might seal more easily too, but not sure if thats just because they are brand new and their clamp force can be broken-in more. With both versions, I'm still unable to get a suction level seal while wearing glasses, which could be a bigger problem for some.
Here is my original Pro 82 v1 (on the left) with the latest v2 (on the right) from TakstarAudio (bought on 11.11):
1609453417572.png

The new earpads may be couple of millimeters wider, but they are just toll - so they simply give more space for your ears.

As for the sound, not completely sure since I didn't spend that long comparing because it was so obvious which was better. I believe some stuff I listened to for bass/low mids(?) were the first five tracks in Spotify's Instrumental Funk Playlist (very nice btw). Not sure if reverb was the way to describe it, might be bass resonance and/or transparency, but maybe you'll see what I mean if you have a v0.9, particularly in 'October', 'Basket Case', and 'It Gets Funkier IV'. The difference was definitely not just in the treble, unless that was affecting the whole sound in some big way. So that to me confirms that TakstarOfficial on amazon is selling the v0.9, or at least not the v1.
Thanks for the tracks, I'll check them out next week.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention was that the BTR3K static noise at high volumes is gone now (with the older version too), leading me to believe it was probably a result of some other wireless interference like you suggested.
:thumbsup:

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #3,839 of 4,538
Here is my original Pro 82 v1 (on the left) with the latest v2 (on the right) from TakstarAudio (bought on 11.11):

The new earpads may be couple of millimeters wider, but they are just toll - so they simply give more space for your ears.

Thanks for the tracks, I'll check them out next week.

:thumbsup:
Ok so you were right.
IMG_20210101_063632320_2.jpg

Old on the left and new on the right.

The new earpads do seem to in fact have more space, especially the left ear (right-most in pic) of the new one for some reason. Not sure why, but I seem to prefer the old ones for comfort and fit. Perhaps it has to do with the clamp force and softness of the foam in the pads. The new ones have a slightly firmer foam in them, which in combination with the higher clamp force might be why they aren't as comfy. Or maybe I actually just like a more snug fit and not a larger one? :jecklinsmile:

Now that I've looked at these asymmetrical earpads on the new one for a bit, it is pretty odd how the left ear on them is larger and more circular than the other on the right ear. This could be a result of some damage from shipping, though I didn't notice any dents on the box it was very well packaged in. Or they gave me two different shaped pads on the same headphone.

I think the difference in shape between the two headphones are more apparent in my picture than they are in yours, suggesting that there are multiple pads that go with these headphones in each version. Or just a difference in lighting/perspective.

This is all very strange, since the diyaudioheaven comparison shows the OLDER silver version being the one with the less oval, more circular pads. This is the opposite of both our findings.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #3,840 of 4,538
Ok so you were right.
IMG_20210101_063632320_2.jpg
Old on the left and new on the right.

The new earpads do seem to in fact have more space, especially the left ear (right-most in pic) of the new one for some reason. Not sure why, but I seem to prefer the old ones for comfort and fit. Perhaps it has to do with the clamp force and softness of the foam in the pads. The new ones have a slightly firmer foam in them, which in combination with the higher clamp force might be why they aren't as comfy. Or maybe I actually just like a more snug fit and not a larger one? :jecklinsmile:
The clamping force should be the same - are you sure that both headbands are extended in exactly the same way?
The foam may fell firmer at first, but with use it will probably soften up

Now that I've looked at these asymmetrical earpads on the new one for a bit, it is pretty odd how the left ear on them is larger and more circular than the other on the right ear. This could be a result of some damage from shipping, though I didn't notice any dents on the box it was very well packaged in. Or they gave me two different shaped pads on the same headphone.

I think the difference in shape between the two headphones are more apparent in my picture than they are in yours, suggesting that there are multiple pads that go with these headphones in each version. Or just a difference in lighting/perspective.
Most likely a difference in lighting/perspective, or maybe a sample variance.

This is all very strange, since the diyaudioheaven comparison shows the OLDER silver version being the one with the less oval, more circular pads. This is the opposite of both our findings.
That's another argument for sample variation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back