Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #3,501 of 4,538
Got my replacement pads. It was a pain in the ass to change the pads.
IMG_20200831_164919.jpg

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3,502 of 4,538
Hello, I have been a user of a Takstar Pro 82 for two years, I recently bought a GM200 and the pro82 seems to me to have better sound quality, but I needed a microphone.

What size are the pads?

Thank you
Yea I have a gm200 and the bass seems to be slightly more muffled than my mh751 as well as significantly worse soundstage. I have an a b x setup and kept coming to that conclusion.

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #3,503 of 4,538
hello good I just registered after reading all the pages

I have decided to order a gm200 from the original store due to the counterfeits that circulate around there

thanks for your recommendations

The use will be to play on the consoles and listen to music on the mobile

I hope to get the choice right.

those of you who have problems with your mg200 is original with bass ports?

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3,504 of 4,538
My Takstar 82s have sadly stopped giving sound out of the right ear, when I swivel the left ear I can sometimes fix it but it doesn't last. I'm guessing the thin cable between the two ears has gone bad.
Has anyone had any luck taking these apart? I'm not able to reach the screw right under the swivel point since the cups are in the way, and I can't figure out how to take them out. Would also appreciate any advice on how to fix the cable.

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #3,505 of 4,538
My Takstar 82s have sadly stopped giving sound out of the right ear, when I swivel the left ear I can sometimes fix it but it doesn't last. I'm guessing the thin cable between the two ears has gone bad.
Has anyone had any luck taking these apart? I'm not able to reach the screw right under the swivel point since the cups are in the way, and I can't figure out how to take them out. Would also appreciate any advice on how to fix the cable.
I've posted quotes in the last few pages that will take you to a guide for opening up the enclosures so you can rewire.

Sep 7, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #3,506 of 4,538
Actually quite easy.

First clip the cushions off. There are two at top and 6 in total from memory. Work on these first and gently bend rotate back and forth so the others clip off and put pads aside.

Then use Philips head to unscrew three screws. Be careful here magnetic speaker and ferro screws means be ultra careful when removing screws that they don't fall into speaker cellulose and pierce the diaphragm.

Then you should see the wiring. Test using multimeter. If short zero resistance, then you have found the fault resolder etc.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #3,507 of 4,538
Breaking news!!!

As I was going through my stock of materials to use to tune my new TH-900MK2, I came across these foam disks, still in the original packaging:
Thin & Thick Inside Foam Disk Ear Pads For HD545 HD565 HD600 HD650 Headphones
Thin & Thick Inside Foam Disk Ear Pads For K240 K241 K270 K271 K272 Headphons
Update:
These are the foams on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Thi...-HD565-HD600-HD650-Headphone/32601752052.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0-HE300-HE400-HE400i/2961104_32824443199.html

I have originally bought the oval ones ("HD650" model) to tune Pro 80, and the round ones ("K272" model) to tune Hifiman HE-400, but never did anything with them.
Until today...

The oval ones seems to be an almost perfect fit, maybe just a bit too long:
upload_2017-10-15_23-21-37.png

Round ones are perfect length, but are too wide:
upload_2017-10-15_23-22-30.png

Both of these listings state 2mm and 4mm width.
The oval ones are actually 3mm and 4mm, while both pairs of the round ones are 2.5mm - but one of them is made from exact same material as the oval ones, while the other one is made of a much more porous material:
upload_2017-10-15_23-24-36.png

The left one is made out of the same material as the ovals (pretty dense), the right one is the more porous one.

I didn't want to take the pads off, so instead of placing the disks between the driver and the pad, I showed them inside the pads.
upload_2017-10-15_23-47-25.png

First, I tried the "thin" (3mm) oval one.
WOW
:ksc75smile:
Bass - Slightly less controlled, but still tight enough and with a longer decay
Mids - No longer recessed! Vocals sound so much better! Yet it doesn't have the small thin veil that B8 has. Timbre is perfect.
Treble - Slightly less accentuated, but just as clean and as well extended.
Soundstage - Due to a decrease in treble, a bit smaller
Clarity - It no longer has the same estat-like clarity, but still probably is the best closed headphone in that department.
Overall, It's not mid-forward as B8 yet, but it's no longer U-shaped either. "Neutral" and "Balanced" are the best ways to describe it.

Then, I tried the "thin" ("porous") round one - it was easier to shove inside the pads than the oval ones.
Double WOW
:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
Bass - Somewhere between the "oval" one and the original
Mids - Vocals sound very close to the "oval" one, maybe 1dB less forward. Still perfect timbre.
Treble - Same as the "oval" one
Soundstage - Almost as big as the original
Clarity - Better than with the "oval" one, almost unaffected.
Overall, I like it more than the "oval" one, because it retains the best characteristics of Pro 82 - its clarity and bass, while improving the mids.

I highly recommend anyone with Pro 82 to buy both oval and round ones.
I can't guarantee that you'll get the same combinations of width/materials, but you will have enough tuning possibilities by using different width/material/shape (alone or in combination) to get the signature you want.
Even placement (under/inside pads) or orientation (for the oval ones) can have an effect - have fun tuning!

P.S. If you will place them inside the pads, trimming a few mm will make it easier.

I am reading this now and was wondering if this would reduce the hairs from getting into the drivers as this keeps causing me issues for some reason and I do not even have long hair? also they are out of stock do they stock them else where? thank you :)

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #3,508 of 4,538
Hello! I'm new here!

First I'd like to congrats everybody for the great content in this forum. I improved my concept about good quality headphones a lot.

Following the good reviews of the Pro82/GM200 in this forum, I bought my GM200 from Takstar Store (Aliexpress) 9 months ago. I enjoyed its quality quite a lot. But to be honest, I'm still getting use to its sound signature. Before the GM200, I used for many years a Koss Porta Pro and a PX100 II, and I think my ears got use to their VERY warm sound signature. Switching to GM200 that sometimes gives me the feeling of too much details in the music (=P). But it's very notable the higher sound quality and balance of it.

But I have an issue that I would like some suggestions from you guys. I use glasses when I'm using the computer or playing games on my PS4. I feel that I lose all the juicy and fun bass of the GM200 when I'm using the glasses, and because of that I'm still not using my GM200 for the main purpose I bought it, to play games, for that I still use my old PX100. For music listening that's not a problem since I can just remove my glasses, but for gaming and movies I lose all the fun in the explosions and other very low frequency situations.

Appreciate if someone could give me an idea of what I could do to improve that.

Thank you!

BR,
Erik

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #3,509 of 4,538
DACs/Amps:

Unsurprisingly, Pro 82 prefers clear, detailed amps.

O2 (1.0x/3.3x) sounds best (in high gain) , it has the largest soundstage among all amps when used with Pro 82
Oppo HA-2 as an amp is second best, sounds almost the same as O2, except smaller soundstage.
Little Dot MkIII and Nobsound NS-02E take away too much of Pro 82's clarity (although some may find the coloration pleasurable)
Oppo HA-2SE as an amp sounds veiled (DAC is as great as HA-2)
FIIO E12/E12A sounds very good too, just introduces a little bit of warmth.
FIIO E6 sounds good too, even though it's far from being Hi-Fi - especially with ELE EL-D01 DAC
Little Bear P10 Excellent hybrid amp, has the same great synergy with ELE EL-D01 DAC as FIIO E6

Oppo HA-2 as a DAC/AMP sounds very good to me.
Oppo HA-2SE has a more transparent DAC than HA-2, but the amp is a bit veiled.
NFB-11.32 sounds too colored from the headphone out, much better through the variable out - but still not as clear as HA-2.
GeekOut V2 sounds similar to NFB-11.32's variable out.
SMSL Idea sounds a bit too dry as a DAC/Amp, but when used as a DAC with O2 amp (1.0x/3.3x, in high gain) , it becomes very musical - best combination for Pro 82 so far.
SABAJ DA3 sounds better than Idea as a standalone DAC/Amp, but lacks the synergy with O2
SMSL IQ sounds better than Idea or DA3 as a standalone DAC/Amp, but lacks the synergy with O2
xDuoo XQ-23 sounds excellent with Pro 82, but is ruined by it's firmware/usability issues
D1-Mini is a good option for bassheads, turns Pro 82 into a bass cannon, upgrade over most laptop outputs
Lusya "SA9023A + ES9018K2M" provides high quality warm sound at ~20$, as long as you keep the volume under 75%
Hilidac Audirect Beam 2 is overpriced for its sound quality, but offers MQA rendering and a balanced output
Sabaj DA2 sounds exactly like SMSL Idea and retains its synergy
Lusya ES9038Q2M sounds very good standalone, but lacks synergy with Pro 82 and under-performs other DACs based on the same chip.

LG V30 sounds very good in high gain mode

HTC 10 sounds very similar to V30 in low gain mode - not too good.

Ahmadfaizadnan's impressions of Pro 82 with iDSD Micro BL
Ahmadfaizadnan's impressions of Pro 82 with iDSD Nano BL
Bankbail's impressions of SMSL Idea and O2
Miguelbazil's impressions of SMSL Idea and O2
About synergy
Of course, this is all highly subjective, YMMV

Hello BenF! Thanks for the great comparison!

I want to buy a cheap DAC from Aliexpress. I'm wondering if I buy the Lusya SA9023A or this one with AK4452 chip:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4000...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Have you ever tested these cheap dacs with AK4452 chip from Aliexpress?

Thank you!

BR,
Erik

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #3,510 of 4,538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back