Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 28, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,533 of 4,535
It might be a matching thing with the amp. The Pro 82 bass increases with a higher output impedance.

It’s thin even with a bass boost switched in?
I don't know, it has been awhile since I use the Pro 82 with Chord Mojo. I'm using it with iDEA + O2 + cotton roll mod, it doesn't sound thin at all.

Can you please do a slightly more indepth comparison between the 3 headphones you just mentioned?
I own neither of the M50X and M40X. But I do live close to an audio store that allows its customers to try out audio gears (headphones, DACs, amps, DAPs etc.). I had a few comparison sessions with all three of them using a Chord Mojo. I thought the M50X is too sibilant for my tastes, the Pro 82 is too thin sounding like I've mentioned before and M40X is fun sounding without being fatiguing over time. I recommended it to my brother who ended up buying it, and I've been borrowing it from him whenever I'm traveling far from home. The Pro 82 never really had a chance to leave the office, I'm using it mainly for gaming (while working :ksc75smile:) and some casual music listening.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #1,536 of 4,535
Ah sigh. I thought ordering from aliexpress' Takstar shop it would be cheaper than from Headphoniaks (spain) but in the end they're asking for 25 extra for tax even. I was told on Ali that they'd set the value at 32usd to avoid it but it didn't help.:fearful: Turns out more expensive than Headphoniaks but it should be the white box version.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,538 of 4,535
I doubt it. I don't think anyone on AliExpress had any white box version (first batch) left in stock.
Oh right, I meant black. The white was from Headphoniaks

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,539 of 4,535
In the last few days I had spent some time with LG V30 and Pro 82.
The Quad DAC sounds very clean (but not clinical), you can clearly hear the difference when you turn it on/off.
However, V30 lacks the power needed to drive Pro 82 properly - with Pro 82 it often doesn't reach the desired volume and especially lacks bass punch.
This is typical for weak sources - they make bass too polite.

Adding an amp makes a huge difference.
I tried both FIIO E06 and Oppo HA-2 with V30, and in both cases response from the V30 owner was "That's nuts, man!".
Both sounded excellent, but HA-2 has a much cleaner bass boost - so for bassheads it's the obvious choice.
FIIO E06 needs to be put in low gain mode, to avoid clipping.

External amp makes V30 a viable option for Pro 82, but without one - I wouldn't recommend it.
EDIT: V30 sounds much better in high gain mode, which it doesn't enter by default with Pro 82.
To trick V30 into the high gain mode, you need first to connect an audio extension cable to
V30, and then plug Pro 82 into that cable's other end.
Now Pro 82 is being utilized to its full potential!

Wish I had my impedance adapters with me - maybe that would trick V30 into high impedance mode.
Did anyone try this with Pro 82 and V30?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #1,540 of 4,535
I’ll try that when mine arrives with my Polaris. Raising the impedance to 120 ohms boosts bass by around 2 -3dB I think it was.

I’m curious how amp bass boost compares to the headphone physical bass boost.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,541 of 4,535
Has anyone here bought the PRO82 from Tomtop? Are they fake/legit? I've bought from Tomtop before (xduoo daps) and had no problems other than the delays but since the warnings from not buying in another place than takstar store i'm a little concerned. Also, don't know why Takstar store wont ship to my country :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,542 of 4,535
Mine just arrived from another seller, (Melli .. something)

My beady eyes are wide with surprise!! What a package.

First impressions are really good. Better than I thought it would be if I’m honest. I started getting one out of curiosity after seeing Jello’s HF posts that he deleted and the other posts here. So I just ordered to see what they were exactly like for myself which IMO is the best thing to do really.

So, off the bat ....

Wonderful case. Overstated at this price level. How do they do it for So little money?
Not keen on ‘Takstar’ printed on the cups. I’d prefer it to be smaller.
Build is better than I expected from what I had read here.
Comfort is Sony mdr1a level. Beautiful.
Sound is really good. Personally, I find it just a bit light in the bass on setting 1, although there’s less upper bass bleed than on the other two settings. Setting 2 is great with music. It has a bloom but is nice but I’m not sure about spoken word in this setting. Setting 3 is pleasant for perhaps mobile use, but the bleed from the upper bass is worse. Might be good for hefty rock, but awful for voice and inner clarity.

So on first listen, I really like them and I think perhaps a better option perhaps than the Sony mdr1a given the ridiculously low price.

I can’t believe that these are being sold at £46 delivered. Worth buying for sure.

Someone said that this buyer should be reported because he was reselling on but I’ve had no problems at all. In fact, I was purposely looking for any signs of a fake, but this is fine. I think the main advantage of buying from him is the fact that they arrived a week after ordering which is quicker than normal from China to say the least. Never mind a slow boat to China, I think normally it’s slower the other way around!!

This is a lovely headphone. I can’t get over the value for money.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #1,543 of 4,535
Has anyone here bought the PRO82 from Tomtop? Are they fake/legit? I've bought from Tomtop before (xduoo daps) and had no problems other than the delays but since the warnings from not buying in another place than takstar store i'm a little concerned. Also, don't know why Takstar store wont ship to my country :frowning2:
Better than tomtop order it from aliexpress for 62$

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,545 of 4,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back