Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,081 of 4,538
the background on these seems a little bright. Bass has a slight amount of bloom when it should extend a little more solid. Despite being a little bright they have no sparkle or bite. Some might say they find it smooth and refined, but I say it's a little washed out on busy tracks.

I was unable to find any EQ to dial out the bright glare. I think it might be due to resonances inside the cup enclosure. They sound accurate enough as is for the price, but IMO they are not without their faults. They still compare to headphones 3 times the price though. Soundstage is slightly above average, imaging is also slightly above average imo.

The party piece of this can seems to be the comfort.

+1 on the supreme comfort and above-average imaging. I do like these cans.

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,082 of 4,538
I found that for myself I like with a reduction of 2khz and 4khz by -1. A tiny amount but for me it makes it sound a bit more natural.

EDIT: I take that back, actually seems it was the source, on the Galaxy S8 it sounds better out of the box.

In terms of bass I like the middle position. The last one seems to uncontrolled.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #1,083 of 4,538

Both tracks from the 2017 album Grace if you want to check it out, really well produced album :)

I am currently listening to this album on Tidal Master with the Pro 82 out from iDSD Micro and Nano BL. With MQA enable, the sound is amazing coming from Nano BL and I thought it could rival its older brother. But, it sounds rather flat while the Micro BL provides better separation and more energy to the song. The Micro BL also has a bigger soundstage and better space for the song to breathe. I I thought I am gonna enjoy the Nano BL combo with Pro 82 as much as with Micro BL, but the lack in punch could be a deal breaker for me. The Micro BL does add an extra punch and emphasis thump from the bass. Both units have similar tonal density and provide good tonal balance to the headphone but there is no doubt that Micro BL has more detail retrieval. Again, iDSD Nano BL is a good option with Pro 82 but if you have the fund to go for Micro BL, definitely do it!

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #1,084 of 4,538
I found that for myself I like with a reduction of 2khz and 4khz by -1. A tiny amount but for me it makes it sound a bit more natural.

EDIT: I take that back, actually seems it was the source, on the Galaxy S8 it sounds better out of the box.

In terms of bass I like the middle position. The last one seems to uncontrolled.

I have to keep saying this: with Pro 82 you are listening to your chain, your DAC/Amp matters greatly.
If you want it to sound like a TOTL headphone, you'll need a TOTL chain.
...Or one of two combos with mad synergy: Idea with O2 or E6 with EL-D01

I am currently listening to this album on Tidal Master with the Pro 82 out from iDSD Micro and Nano BL. With MQA enable, the sound is amazing coming from Nano BL and I thought it could rival its older brother. But, it sounds rather flat while the Micro BL provides better separation and more energy to the song. The Micro BL also has a bigger soundstage and better space for the song to breathe. I I thought I am gonna enjoy the Nano BL combo with Pro 82 as much as with Micro BL, but the lack in punch could be a deal breaker for me. The Micro BL does add an extra punch and emphasis thump from the bass. Both units have similar tonal density and provide good tonal balance to the headphone but there is no doubt that Micro BL has more detail retrieval. Again, iDSD Nano BL is a good option with Pro 82 but if you have the fund to go for Micro BL, definitely do it!
A case in point - Pro 82 scales up greatly and demonstrates the differences between different devices.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #1,085 of 4,538
I have to keep saying this: with Pro 82 you are listening to you chain, your DAC/Amp matters greatly.
If you want it to sound like a TOTL headphone, you'll need a TOTL chain.
...Or one of two combos with mad synergy: Idea with O2 or E6 with EL-D01

A case in point - Pro 82 scales up greatly and demonstrates the differences between different devices.
And even when you have the synergy, recordings :)

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,090 of 4,538
And even when you have the synergy, recordings :)
For sure, if the recording isn't well recorded and mastered, nothing matters.
Pro 82 can be brutally honest on bad tracks, which is the opposite of what they need.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #1,091 of 4,538
I bought the HI 2050 two or three years ago and still using it at the office. Need an open back to be able to hear my surroundings. At first I didn't like it much. Treble was too hot, bass was lacking. I must put a piece of cloth to cover driver to tame the treble.

After a few months my ears and brain became adjusted to its sound signature and now I can listen to it for videos and games, but not so much for music.
In a world where SHP9500 is available for 50-90$(depending on your location) - HI2050 is a waste of money.

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #1,093 of 4,538
Received mine yesterday.... And what can I say...
Incredible sound and quality for the money. Build quality is ok. Bit plastic, but what can you aspect for the money.
Switches feel fine though.

The comfort is great...although my ears are sometimes touching the fiber.

I think i must force myself to take these ones to often and leave my Sine (yet unmoded pads) eating dust.
Very pleased with it.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,094 of 4,538
Around 100€ if you buy from Amazon US to be shipped to Europe (I purchased it before Xmas). Still worth it.
87$ after store discount on Ali:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Phi...es-for-xiaomi-SamSung-S8-MP3/32833416556.html
Don't know if it's really an official Philips store as the name suggests, but the item seems to be genuine.

For US and Canada 49.95$:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

SHP9500 is a great companion for Pro 82, offering a different, yet complimentary experience.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,095 of 4,538
Received mine yesterday.... And what can I say...
Incredible sound and quality for the money. Build quality is ok. Bit plastic, but what can you aspect for the money.
Switches feel fine though.

The comfort is great...although my ears are sometimes touching the fiber.

I think i must force myself to take these ones to often and leave my Sine (yet unmoded pads) eating dust.
Very pleased with it.
Great impressions, added them to post #3.
What's your chain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back