Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,051 of 4,538
Are you seriously saying that you prefer the vocals (and even total fidelity?) on the Pro82 over the X2's?

If so we definitely have very different preferences.......
Yes the X2 vocals are veiled for my preference, we all like different things.

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,052 of 4,538
The newer pair have more padding at the base of the ear / neck, the first pairs pads are in the same condition as they were when I got them a month ago they are thinner at the bottom of the ear.
Interesting. If it's a real change, then the "new" Pro 82s are supposed to sound even better than "old" ones (as you reported) - no one is going to object to this!
More likely it's just a variation in production though. We'll see if other owners of multiple Pro 82s report the same.

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,053 of 4,538
Interesting. If it's a real change, then the "new" Pro 82s are supposed to sound even better than "old" ones (as you reported) - no one is going to object to this!
More likely it's just a variation in production though. We'll see if other owners of multiple Pro 82s report the same.
Yes I just think it is the way they are stitched at the bottom by chance I have got slightly different pad depths, its only a little deeper but just enough for me.

They both sound amazing to me, I do love the sound of them, they wont be for everyone but for my tastes they are just right.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,054 of 4,538
I got these today from spanish headphone store headphoniaks.

They only ship within europe but still faster than aliexpress.

they always seem to have these in stock:

C_3YsOOUwAE0Tzu.jpg:large

Now im off to some listening. :)

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #1,055 of 4,538
Yes the X2 vocals are veiled for my preference, we all like different things.

Yep, just checking :wink:

Edit: On another note I read a post on another forum just now also mentioning the lack of bass so that makes quite a few comments recently about this issue (the post in the other forum was posted today)....

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,058 of 4,538
Jan 19, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,060 of 4,538
Got iDSD nano BL for couple days. Due to its portability, I started to bring the Pro 82 for a walk with nano BL and XDP-100r combo. I personally like micro BL better with Pro 82, but I would say that nano BL doing pretty well especially for portable setup.

Jan 19, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,062 of 4,538
I find they show the recording for what it is, if the mixing is bass shy it will be, if the track is a bass monster my head will rumble.

The bass note / kick drum at the start of this track massive on both of my Pro 82's

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #1,063 of 4,538
Definitely seems to be a preference thing as I prefer X2 over the Pro 82, and I like the Pro 82.
Definitely. I would swap it to say that: I prefer Pro 82 over the X2, and I like the X2. :wink:
Vocals from the X2 sounded not only more forward but also more natural (better) to me than from the Pro 82. But Pro 82's overall sound is more coherent to me, in comparison, much more detail, clarity, dynamics...

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,064 of 4,538
They seal better as they are deeper a touch, the bottom of the pad makes a better seal, its not a major issue they still both sound great.

The T1's and the Phillips X2 both have this sounds disjointed from the rest like instruments out on their own which I love but the vocals on the X2 are muddy and the T1 doesn't have the dynamics or bass of the Pro 82's for me both sound harsh when the music gets intense / a lot going on after listening to the Pro 82.

The Pro 82 has a full and wide image like watching a full screen picture, the other two are like watching on 3 monitors. this is where a lot of people will see this as a floor after many sound stage headphones doing this weird fake imaging.

Do I like this fake imaging sure, but I really like true imaging at the moment especially for gaming, these things are pin point with Dolby surround.

Thanks for the information. That was useful. When you mentioned the Beyerdynamic T1 has a disjointed sound from the rest, I can somehow relate to this comment. I think this is the analytical sound I was referring to earlier, the separation between instruments and voices. It's difficult to describe but I think I understand. Each instrument appears to be highlighted and stand out prominently. As a result the "togetherness" is lacking as it's all separated. One can say the separation and detail of the T1 is superb but due to this great (or excessive) separation whereby the instruments are all highlighted (or disjointed as you have described it), music doesn't sound like a whole. Sometimes too much separation is not a good thing. Coherency has to go along with separation and detail or it will sound "wrong".

I understand everyone has their own preference to how they want their music to sound like. In my case I think we may share a similar opinion on the sonic character of the T1. To me the T1 is an analytical sounding design with a propulsive force that induce listening fatigue. It's not only the bright treble but the propulsive force from the "disjointed" instruments as you have put it. The sound of the T1 is pretty intense though some may like this presentation. To me it just causes listening fatigue in the long run and not suitable for prolonged listening sessions. Perhaps a 10 to 15 minutes listen at moderate volume may be heaven with the T1.

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,065 of 4,538
All this talk about the Pro 82 not doing very well with vocals (or otherwise), fortunately that does not bother me since 95% of the material that I listen to are instrumental music, mostly smooth jazz and jazz fusion (Earl Klugh, Lee Ritenour, Chris Geith, Bill Evans, Chris Spheeris, Dan Siegel, Dave Grusin, Pat Metheny, Fourplay etc.) As long as they are comfortable and feel good on my head, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back