Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #3,136 of 4,538
Received my JDS Labs Atom yesterday, and have been enjoying the impact it's having on the Pro 82 v2 in high gain mode. Obviously the dial isn't going up very far, but mids and bass are much more forward yet still clean, and the soundstage becomes incredible.

I believe there were comments in here previously about this being a feature of the O2, but it seems it carries over into the Atom. Combined with my Khadas Tone Board, this is an incredible and versatile combo for desktop use. Highly recommend if you're looking for value for money with an on-going collection in mind.

Only annoying issue I've encountered so far is with the 6.5mm adaptor supplied for the Pro 82: the 3.5mm female connection is too wide, meaning it can lose contact with the 3.5mm plug way too easily.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3,137 of 4,538
I don't think GM200 will cause a headache, its bass boost is quite tasteful, mostly affects lower bass - no mid-bass hump.
However, if you are still concerned, you can go with Pro 82 instead and use a USB microphone or a cable with a microphone: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html

Thank you for these helpful replies! One last question, how good is the GM200 mic? Compared to modmics and such? Will my mic transmit background noise?

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #3,138 of 4,538
Thank you for these helpful replies! One last question, how good is the GM200 mic? Compared to modmics and such? Will my mic transmit background noise?
Don't have the modmic.
GM200's microphone is excellent - the background noise is minimal in a quiet room. Of course, if the background is noisy - it will be picked up, since the mic is not directional.

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #3,139 of 4,538
Hello people. After following this thread I bought a pair of GM200s and have been using them for just over a week so posting my impressions. I have no proper experience with high-end headphones compared to the people on this forum so don't really have the frame of reference to speak about their relative sound quality etc., so this is just a short summary of how I've found them, from a noobie perspective, featuring some comparisons with another set of headphones.

Comfort/Isolation: As is well documented at this stage, these are amazingly comfortable. I had the logitech UE 6000s before which were really comfortable themselves and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to top, but these gm200s are even more so. The pads are so soft and cushiony. I was expecting them to clamp more onto my head but they don't, and they don't need to. It feels like everything's well sealed even without any pressure of them pushing in around the ears. I've worn them for hours at a time with no discomfort or overheating. I've also worn them on bus and train journeys and in the office, and been able to hear fine without the feeling that I'm annoying other people around me (at least no one has looked at me funny or complained).

Sound Quality/Bass: I listen to music that has a lot of bass and so chose these headphones due to the reports of the strength of their bass. As I said I haven't tried enough other headphones to know how these stack up and fit with the rest of the market, but my general impression is the music sounds really clear and detailed, warm, and quite spacious. It might be in my head since I have a new toy, but I feel like I'm hearing little details in songs I hadn't noticed before. I usually listen on a very low volume and at these levels the bass doesn't boom the way I had been imagining before buying them, but I can't say I'm disappointed; things just sound nice and warm and the bass does punch on songs that feature strong kicks and basslines. Overall it's a bit more balanced than I had expected, especially at really low volumes, but I really don't know how 'bassy' and unbalanced other headphones go and when sound quality starts to be properly compromised. When I want more umph and turn the volume up even a little bit the bass absolutely delivers and can really punch, and the bass sensation seems to grow and overtake other aspects of the music a bit more at these levels (this may well be technically untrue, but it's just the feeling I have). But they don't like absolutely blow your head off with the booming, especially at low volume, and everything still feels nicely balanced, so to that person worried about getting headaches I really don't think there's anything to be worried about. Not sure what else I can really say; I've tried listening to loads of genres of music on these and it all sounds great :)

My UE6000s after breaking actually randomly started working again so I was able to do a side by side comparison. To me it seems the GM200 have stronger and deeper bass, and generally more clarity. They also sound bigger and more spacious somehow, like there's more space around my head being filled with music,whereas the UE6000s now seem like the music is going directly into my ears in a more narrow tunnel and the music doesn't have this room to breath (sorry for the crappy descriptions here).

But yeah overall very happy with these so far. The logitechs folded into a carrycase that was really convenient, which these don't have, so the only thing close to a downside I've had so far is when I pack them in my bag I'm worried about breaking them, but that's really not a big deal. And this isn't due to build quality, my bag is just usually too full.

Thanks to BenF especially for all the info and answers on this thread. After stressing about what to buy and thinking I couldn't replace the UE6000s for under $100, I'm very happy with my purchase and prefer these new ones

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,140 of 4,538
Sorry for just storming in here like that but I have a question.
I am myself using koss porta pro but my gf was using CAL! since she preferred around ear design with hm5 soft pads (I've got here cal and hm5 pads 3 years ago). Now the cal is dead and the quesiton is:
Is pro82 28ohm version/mh751 the best 100usd headphone? Or are there some better alternatives now. I am quite out of the loop, sorry :)

Dec 8, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #3,141 of 4,538
Sorry for just storming in here like that but I have a question.
I am myself using koss porta pro but my gf was using CAL! since she preferred around ear design with hm5 soft pads (I've got here cal and hm5 pads 3 years ago). Now the cal is dead and the quesiton is:
Is pro82 28ohm version/mh751 the best 100usd headphone? Or are there some better alternatives now. I am quite out of the loop, sorry :)
Stay away from MH751/2, they don't sound as good.

Pro 82 / GM200 are the best headphones even at a much higher price range than 100$ - I own 3800$ Stax 009 and 1700$ Fostex TH-900MK2, yet I still chose Pro 82 over either one every day.
Just make sure you buy it from the TakstarAudio store, to avoid fake ones or ones that failed quality assurance.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,142 of 4,538
Stay away from MH751/2, they don't sound as good.

Pro 82 / GM200 are the best headphones even at a much higher price range than 100$ - I own 3800$ Stax 009 and 1700$ Fostex TH-900MK2, yet I still chose Pro 82 over either one every day.
Just make sure you buy it from the TakstarAudio store, to avoid fake ones or ones that failed quality assurance.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
Thanks, that is good info. 32ohm is the v2 ?

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3,143 of 4,538
Thanks, that is good info. 32ohm is the v2 ?
I wouldn't rely on the seller's description to identify the version - it doesn't always match the stock.
The only 100% sure way to get a properly tested v2 is to buy from TakstarAudio.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #3,144 of 4,538
OK, I finally got a chance to open my package and try out the Pro 82s.
First impressions:
1. LOVE the case. So incredible to get a case like that with headphones, and at such a low price
2. the headphones look sharp. really nice. I got the silver ones and they look very high class.
3. very comfortable. I really like the stock pads and the clamping is perfect. snug enough to keep the phones on my head, but no more pressure than necessary. Love the padded headband! Also love the easy swiveling.
4. the sound? Really, really, really nice. I'm not an audiophile or headphone expert, so I can't use fancy terminology. But I will say that all frequences are present and accounted for and music sounds great. I love robust sound with clarity, and these headphones provide it.
5. the bass ports? Awesome! I'm a bass-head, so I love being able to pump it up.

THANK YOU for the tip. I'm recommending these to everyone I know.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #3,145 of 4,538
One of them is me, they shipped it yesterday. Shipping price was too much for me from the Takstar store so I bought from there. On the item description page they show the original packaging. If it doesn't arrive with it I can get a refund.

If it's not a fake but a prototype product and Takstar has sold them like that they are a crappy company to be honest.

My GM200 were returned back by courier before even leaving China lol. I still want to buy it but I guess I will wait for the next sale.

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #3,146 of 4,538
Hello people. After following this thread I bought a pair of GM200s and have been using them for just over a week so posting my impressions. I have no proper experience with high-end headphones compared to the people on this forum so don't really have the frame of reference to speak about their relative sound quality etc., so this is just a short summary of how I've found them, from a noobie perspective, featuring some comparisons with another set of headphones.

Comfort/Isolation: As is well documented at this stage, these are amazingly comfortable. I had the logitech UE 6000s before which were really comfortable themselves and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to top, but these gm200s are even more so. The pads are so soft and cushiony. I was expecting them to clamp more onto my head but they don't, and they don't need to. It feels like everything's well sealed even without any pressure of them pushing in around the ears. I've worn them for hours at a time with no discomfort or overheating. I've also worn them on bus and train journeys and in the office, and been able to hear fine without the feeling that I'm annoying other people around me (at least no one has looked at me funny or complained).

Sound Quality/Bass: I listen to music that has a lot of bass and so chose these headphones due to the reports of the strength of their bass. As I said I haven't tried enough other headphones to know how these stack up and fit with the rest of the market, but my general impression is the music sounds really clear and detailed, warm, and quite spacious. It might be in my head since I have a new toy, but I feel like I'm hearing little details in songs I hadn't noticed before. I usually listen on a very low volume and at these levels the bass doesn't boom the way I had been imagining before buying them, but I can't say I'm disappointed; things just sound nice and warm and the bass does punch on songs that feature strong kicks and basslines. Overall it's a bit more balanced than I had expected, especially at really low volumes, but I really don't know how 'bassy' and unbalanced other headphones go and when sound quality starts to be properly compromised. When I want more umph and turn the volume up even a little bit the bass absolutely delivers and can really punch, and the bass sensation seems to grow and overtake other aspects of the music a bit more at these levels (this may well be technically untrue, but it's just the feeling I have). But they don't like absolutely blow your head off with the booming, especially at low volume, and everything still feels nicely balanced, so to that person worried about getting headaches I really don't think there's anything to be worried about. Not sure what else I can really say; I've tried listening to loads of genres of music on these and it all sounds great :)

My UE6000s after breaking actually randomly started working again so I was able to do a side by side comparison. To me it seems the GM200 have stronger and deeper bass, and generally more clarity. They also sound bigger and more spacious somehow, like there's more space around my head being filled with music,whereas the UE6000s now seem like the music is going directly into my ears in a more narrow tunnel and the music doesn't have this room to breath (sorry for the crappy descriptions here).

But yeah overall very happy with these so far. The logitechs folded into a carrycase that was really convenient, which these don't have, so the only thing close to a downside I've had so far is when I pack them in my bag I'm worried about breaking them, but that's really not a big deal. And this isn't due to build quality, my bag is just usually too full.

Thanks to BenF especially for all the info and answers on this thread. After stressing about what to buy and thinking I couldn't replace the UE6000s for under $100, I'm very happy with my purchase and prefer these new ones

You are welcome!
Great impressions - added them to post #3.

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #3,147 of 4,538
Heey!, So I've been lurking the thread for a while, and after reading, I didn't want to deal with the pro 82 lottery so I just ordered a GM200 (this was like 2 months ago)
Anyway... I ended up getting the one without bass ports in the non branded white box, and my order got send back to the seller twice (Original Brands Market), so I guess I'd recommend to actually follow the
advice and just buy from takstar audio store, I got them at a good discount and thought there was no risk since it was the GM200 and not the pro82s but alas...

Now, for the good news, they sound fantastic from what I can tell, I don't know how much difference there is between the bass port version and the one without, but I really don't think these are
some kind of low tier fake considering how good they sound, I'm guessing they're less bassy than the other version cause while they're on the warm side, they're just very very pleasing to me, not boomy at all,
and from the other descriptions I think Gm200s are supposed to be very bassy, but I guess I'll never know for sure...

Anyway, I can't tell how they would sound compared to the other versions of themselves, but my point of comparison are a pair of porta pro's, skullcandy crushers and the shp9500, and out of the box
they're definitely more pleasing than all of them, waay more clear and detailed than the crushers, and even the porta pros, those I actually find too warm and quite a bit "muddy", now for the shp9500
It's a bit of an unfair comparison cause I literally only listen to them with EQ (actually had them tunned very close to the gm200's)

I'd say out of the box the shp9500 are a bit more detailed and obviously have that "open" larger sound but I can't even listen to them like that as I find the treble too harsh, once EQ'd I do prefer the shp's
they sound more like a live venue while the gm200 just sound like very clear good headphones, but that's probably just the unfairness of comparing closed to open...

But yeah, basically I wouldn't panic too much if you get the "fake" version, it still sounds pretty amazing, at least compared to my other headphones (which I know are budget, but so are the takstars).

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3,148 of 4,538
OK, I finally got a chance to open my package and try out the Pro 82s.
First impressions:
1. LOVE the case. So incredible to get a case like that with headphones, and at such a low price
2. the headphones look sharp. really nice. I got the silver ones and they look very high class.
3. very comfortable. I really like the stock pads and the clamping is perfect. snug enough to keep the phones on my head, but no more pressure than necessary. Love the padded headband! Also love the easy swiveling.
4. the sound? Really, really, really nice. I'm not an audiophile or headphone expert, so I can't use fancy terminology. But I will say that all frequences are present and accounted for and music sounds great. I love robust sound with clarity, and these headphones provide it.
5. the bass ports? Awesome! I'm a bass-head, so I love being able to pump it up.

THANK YOU for the tip. I'm recommending these to everyone I know.
You are welcome!
Glad you like them!

I admire your patience - you received them more than 6 month ago :jecklinsmile:
The good news: my 82's got delivered today.
The bad news: I'm out of town for a week, so I'll have to wait to hear them.

Luckily I'm at my brother's house and he has some good headphones that I'm using: Sony MDR-V6, Samson SR850, and Grado PS1000's! :)
That was a loooooong week...

Can you compare them to your other headphones?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #3,150 of 4,538
Heey!, So I've been lurking the thread for a while, and after reading, I didn't want to deal with the pro 82 lottery so I just ordered a GM200 (this was like 2 months ago)
Anyway... I ended up getting the one without bass ports in the non branded white box, and my order got send back to the seller twice (Original Brands Market), so I guess I'd recommend to actually follow the
advice and just buy from takstar audio store, I got them at a good discount and thought there was no risk since it was the GM200 and not the pro82s but alas...

So now we have at least 2 stores shipping fake/pre-production GM200 in unmarked boxes - "MH Recording Music Store" and "Original Brands Market"?
I certainly see a pattern here - just like "MH Recording Music Store", "Original Brands Market" also was involved in fake-shipping Pro 82s previously:
10033527.png

I have to second your advice (and my own) to buy only from TakstarAudio.

..Now, for the good news, they sound fantastic from what I can tell, I don't know how much difference there is between the bass port version and the one without, but I really don't think these are
some kind of low tier fake considering how good they sound, I'm guessing they're less bassy than the other version cause while they're on the warm side, they're just very very pleasing to me, not boomy at all,
and from the other descriptions I think Gm200s are supposed to be very bassy, but I guess I'll never know for sure...

Anyway, I can't tell how they would sound compared to the other versions of themselves, but my point of comparison are a pair of porta pro's, skullcandy crushers and the shp9500, and out of the box
they're definitely more pleasing than all of them, waay more clear and detailed than the crushers, and even the porta pros, those I actually find too warm and quite a bit "muddy", now for the shp9500
It's a bit of an unfair comparison cause I literally only listen to them with EQ (actually had them tunned very close to the gm200's)

I'd say out of the box the shp9500 are a bit more detailed and obviously have that "open" larger sound but I can't even listen to them like that as I find the treble too harsh, once EQ'd I do prefer the shp's
they sound more like a live venue while the gm200 just sound like very clear good headphones, but that's probably just the unfairness of comparing closed to open...

But yeah, basically I wouldn't panic too much if you get the "fake" version, it still sounds pretty amazing, at least compared to my other headphones (which I know are budget, but so are the takstars).
I guess fake GM200 should sound like MH751, which is an OK-sounding headphone (Zeos certainly loved it).
Real GM200 has much better quality bass though, and more natural mids - you are setting the bar too low.
Comparing it with other "budget" headphones is a disservice to GM200. For me, it's a better version of Fostex TH900MK2, even if they would cost the same.
They certainly shouldn't lose to SHP9500 in detail retrieval.
Of course, a high quality DAC/Amp is required to see it's full potential.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back