Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #3,003 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!
Yes, this is Pro 82 v2 at 62.6$ here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
You can avoid/lower the customs by adding this comment when ordering: "Please mark the package value as 30$" (or any other value).
The case costs 10$ extra not just because it's expensive to make, but also because it makes the "free" shipping much more expensive for the seller - due to both extra weight and size.
You don't need it any way - TakstarAudio are the best when it comes to safely packaging headphones.

Stay away from Pro 82 with the box at 50$ - this is too cheap, you will likely be getting a v0.9 - which is v1 that failed QC.
That's what I got when I made a test purchase here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843865701.html
Thank you very much! I will follow your advice. Might wait for the silver version to be back in stock though. Hmm...

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #3,004 of 4,538
...And this is my stock measurements:

I hate to disappoint you, but you don't have v1. What you have is v0.9 - which is v1 that failed quality control, and is sold on Aliexpress at 50$-55$ with the case - 20$ cheaper than v2.
Last year I bought a couple of Pro 82s from the Music Huhu store, to see why they were selling Pro 82 so much cheaper than TakstarAudio, and how could they possibly have v1 - which sold out in 2017.
Here are the measurements of all 4 drivers from these 2 headphones from Music Huhu:
upload_2019-9-22_15-25-21.png

As you can see, three of the channels are very similar to your measurements, and one looks like a proper v1.

Proper v1 sold out on Aliexpress in fall of 2017 - if you are buying a version that looks like v1, you are probably buying something that was rejected by Takstar's quality control.
When buying these ultra-cheap Pro 82s, you may get both v0.9 drivers (if you are lucky), or you may get v0.9 and v1 - resulting in up to 15dB difference in bass.
I don't know if these were stolen from Takstar's garbage dump, or if some enterprising Takstar employee decided to make extra cash - but you should stay from them.

Only buy v2, preferably from a store that never fake-shipped or sold v0.9 - you know the one :jecklinsmile:
Stay away from stores that sell Pro 82 too cheap - even on Taobao Pro 82 is 71$ - and that's without international shipping.

"New" vs "Old" Pro 82 #1

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #3,005 of 4,538
Thank you very much! I will follow your advice. Might wait for the silver version to be back in stock though. Hmm...
You are welcome!
I have asked TakstarAudio, and they said the Takstar should ship another batch in about two weeks. Currently sold out of both silver and black ones....

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #3,009 of 4,538
Wow, that happened...I finished the review (some days ago): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-pro-82.22388/reviews#review-22671

I hate to disappoint you, but you don't have v1. What you have is v0.9 - which is v1 that failed quality control, and is sold on Aliexpress at 50$-55$ with the case - 20$ cheaper than v2.
Last year I bought a couple of Pro 82s from the Music Huhu store, to see why they were selling Pro 82 so much cheaper than TakstarAudio, and how could they possibly have v1 - which sold out in 2017.
Here are the measurements of all 4 drivers from these 2 headphones from Music Huhu:

As you can see, three of the channels are very similar to your measurements, and one looks like a proper v1.

Proper v1 sold out on Aliexpress in fall of 2017 - if you are buying a version that looks like v1, you are probably buying something that was rejected by Takstar's quality control.
When buying these ultra-cheap Pro 82s, you may get both v0.9 drivers (if you are lucky), or you may get v0.9 and v1 - resulting in up to 15dB difference in bass.
I don't know if these were stolen from Takstar's garbage dump, or if some enterprising Takstar employee decided to make extra cash - but you should stay from them.

Only buy v2, preferably from a store that never fake-shipped or sold v0.9 - you know the one :jecklinsmile:
Stay away from stores that sell Pro 82 too cheap - even on Taobao Pro 82 is 71$ - and that's without international shipping.

"New" vs "Old" Pro 82 #1

There's a reason why I kept the measurements out of the final cut of the review: I still investigating the EARS rig. Fortunately, the measurements and such doesn't affect how much I do love my two Pro 82 sets - even if one is a v0.9 so...why bother throwing it in the review and just keep this here as an ongoing discussion.

Right now I have a couple of ideas on what's going on. First, it's in my head - or...my head literally as my head is quite round and large...to get even close to consistent measurements I've been resorting to using rubber bands around the headphone while measuring. Problem with that is that if it's too loose, the sound leaks but too tight and basically that's the equivalent of squeezing the headphones to your ears. Another possible issue is a stranger one: Windows 10. I believe it was the 1904 update that changed the way Windows handles the sound or something like that? Creative Labs had to scramble to update their drivers and troubleshoot issues. Before that other updates made my EVGA Nu Audio sound slightly more compressed. Sadly I had to remove the Nu Audio from my PC as for some reason the coil whine from the video card (thanks for nothing Nvidia) managed to reach the Nu Audio. In short, I think Windows has some hidden DSP going on. I do have some spare parts in the garage enough for a Windows 7 build and have a laptop that's still running a much older Windows 10 build so I can test this theory...whenever I get around to it. Ugh.

One last thing: did anyone verify what Douda Digital was selling? https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Monitoring-Appreciation-Case(Black)/dp/B0785T1KTR

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #3,010 of 4,538
Wow, that happened...I finished the review (some days ago): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-pro-82.22388/reviews#review-22671

There's a reason why I kept the measurements out of the final cut of the review: I still investigating the EARS rig. Fortunately, the measurements and such doesn't affect how much I do love my two Pro 82 sets - even if one is a v0.9 so...why bother throwing it in the review and just keep this here as an ongoing discussion.

Right now I have a couple of ideas on what's going on. First, it's in my head - or...my head literally as my head is quite round and large...to get even close to consistent measurements I've been resorting to using rubber bands around the headphone while measuring. Problem with that is that if it's too loose, the sound leaks but too tight and basically that's the equivalent of squeezing the headphones to your ears. Another possible issue is a stranger one: Windows 10. I believe it was the 1904 update that changed the way Windows handles the sound or something like that? Creative Labs had to scramble to update their drivers and troubleshoot issues. Before that other updates made my EVGA Nu Audio sound slightly more compressed. Sadly I had to remove the Nu Audio from my PC as for some reason the coil whine from the video card (thanks for nothing Nvidia) managed to reach the Nu Audio. In short, I think Windows has some hidden DSP going on. I do have some spare parts in the garage enough for a Windows 7 build and have a laptop that's still running a much older Windows 10 build so I can test this theory...whenever I get around to it. Ugh.

One last thing: did anyone verify what Douda Digital was selling? https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Monitoring-Appreciation-Case(Black)/dp/B0785T1KTR
Nice review!
Here is my favorite part (I marked the best in red):
=====
Drive-By Comparisons
Sennheiser HD600
– Darker, less sound stage but sometimes can sound less crowded than the Pro 82. Remove that foam on the HD600 if you want to lift a bit of that famous “veil”.
NAD HP50 – A personal favorite of mine. A bit more even-sounding even with its warm tilt (which can be fixed with the right pads). The Pro 82 definitely has better sound stage and fitting as the NAD can feel like a vise grip.
Koss KSC75 – Probably the only headphone to outrun the Pro 82 on Price-to-Performance and lots of potential to unlock by modifications. The Pro 82 still takes the sound stage advantage given that the P82 is an over-headphone while the KSC75 are on-ear.
Koss KPH30i – Less treble, less mids, and more bass give this headphone a better long-term listening experience for those who find the treble fatiguing on the Pro 82. The Pro 82 I think is just plain better in just about everything else.
Neumann NDH20 – If you’re into the latest Harman curve (I am not), you will love these more than the Pro 82. Built like a tank. I don’t know if anyone modified them to go balanced or even get a different cable in its way-too-deep insertion point.
Sendy Aiva – Oddly more closed sounding than the Pro 82. Slightly better transparency. Detail retrieval is on par with V1. Midrange felt…weird although vocals were very lifelike. I liked the headphone quite a bit.
Focal Clear – Every bit of sound is clearer here over the Pro 82 (pun intended) but sound stage feels very intimate. One of these costs as much as approximately two dozen Pro 82 pairs. I love my Clear headphones, but if I bought a Pro 82 first would I have kept the Clear? Hmm…
Sennheiser HD598 – Unless you MUST have the sound super spaced-out, don’t bother

=====

A portable closed headphone having better soundstage than headphones from famous brands costing 5-10-20 times as much, even the open ones...

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #3,011 of 4,538
I've discovered using the equalizer in my vlc player and using preset flat with a -0.3dB or -0.4dB @6khz reduces some of the hot treble making for more warmer sound.

Makes the long listening sessions now more enjoyable.

:L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #3,012 of 4,538
You are welcome!
I have asked TakstarAudio, and they said the Takstar should ship another batch in about two weeks. Currently sold out of both silver and black ones....

Hello everyone! First post here... I have been lurking in this forum for a while and I am ready to purchase one of those headsets: takstar pro 82 v2 or GM200. I still can't decide which one would be better for me, though.

I usually listen music (generally pop music, rock and some classical) at my office and play some fps games on xbox. Mic is not required since I usually don't use it, but could be nice in some situations. I suspect the sound signature is flatter on p82, is that correct? Somehow I think it would suit me better than the GM200.
Anyway, the p82s are out of stock at Takstar Audio Store and was planning to buy it next week. My only option for now is the GM200.

Can someone help me decide? Wich one would be cheaper? Wich one is less fatiguing for listening music for a long period? The stronger bass on GM200 interferes in the other frequencies?

Thanks!

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #3,013 of 4,538
I'd say pro 82 is cheapest .
Can't comment on gm200 will wait for BenF, but really enjoy the pro 82 series.
Good luck .

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #3,014 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!

I suspect the sound signature is flatter on p82, is that correct? Somehow I think it would suit me better than the GM200.
Above 400Hz they are absolutely identical - the differences in measurements are no bigger than differences in measurements of different Pro 82s.
10343040.png

Anyway, the p82s are out of stock at Takstar Audio Store and was planning to buy it next week. My only option for now is the GM200.
Last week was the "Golden week" in China - everything i closed. I have asked Ellie on the ETA for Pro 82s - she should get back to me within 24 hours.

Can someone help me decide? Wich one would be cheaper? Wich one is less fatiguing for listening music for a long period? The stronger bass on GM200 interferes in the other frequencies?
Thanks!
As you can see from the graph above, the bass doesn't interfere with the other frequencies. Both are equally non-fatiguing, unless you listen to music recorded with too much bass already - the extra bass on GM200 will be too much.
GM200 is cheaper due to the 5$ discount to be found in the review - can be had for 56$ now: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-197#post-15148815
You really can't go wrong with either one for pop and rock, but for classical Pro 82 would be a better choice.
Looks like you are leaning towards Pro 82 - trust your gut feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back