Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 27, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #1,141 of 4,538
Any better now?

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #1,143 of 4,538
Nope. Firefox on Windows 10 Pro.

Does anyone else see or not see the image I posted above?

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,144 of 4,538
Nope. Firefox on Windows 10 Pro.

Does anyone else see or not see the image I posted above?
Weird, Firefox in W10 pro didn't show the picture, but Chrome did.
So you are talking about the white background on the cartoon box?
upload_2018-1-28_1-57-21.png

That's a typical "old version" box - with 2.2m cable and 3.5mm/6.5mm adapter.
All 4 of yours are "new version".
The headphones themselves didn't change.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,145 of 4,538
Jan 27, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #1,146 of 4,538
Just got these yesterday... Does anyone else have issues removing the right ear cup?
The left one snaps off with ease but some of the connections on the right ear cup seem stuck.
Also what are some recommendations for a dac/amp for these at the $100 range?

Jan 27, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #1,147 of 4,538
I got mine about 2 weeks ago from Shenzen Volemer for 63$, they came in a pouch with a lot of bubble wrap and were undamaged, 1.6m cable was included. I would normally just go with the Takstar store but I got my ISK HP2011 from Shenzen Volemer and both of my transactions went smoothly so no problems there.
I won't go too much into detail here, previous headphones that I listened to are CAL, Shure SRH940, M50x, HM5, Pro 80, ISK HP2011 and Somic v2. I've basically tried most of the chinese headphones up to 100$ either by myself or with my friends who also had a couple of different one's except the bosshifi. Bottom line: Just get these if you're looking into any headphones for up to about 100$ imo. If anything get them just because they're so damn comfortable. To my ears they're better than most of the sub-100$ chinese cans. They are a bit on the clinical side so if you don't mind that I'm sure you'll love them. Bass does roll-off and sub-bass could be punchier but other than that it's a great 70$ investment imo.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #1,148 of 4,538
I bought the (silver) version without the hard case and was a little surprised it came without the 6.5mm screw on plug. (even the thread isn't there.)
And the cable is 1.6 mtr.

Bought at original brands market Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #1,149 of 4,538
I was going to order some more as gifts from the Takstar audio store (without the case), but now I'm not sure anymore... is there too much of variance of quality between the separate headphones? =/.

Anyone any bad experiences with China Air btw?

Also, about to order the Objective2 amp! I'm thinking rear mounted power jack, cutting out the batteries, or would that be really foolish? Also, @BenF why do you suggest 1x/3.3x? gain?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,151 of 4,538
right now I am listening the album "Burn" by Deep Purple, with the bass setting in the intermediate position and connected to the Musical Fidelity...

you can not get more for this money, I have the feeling of having stolen them... :smile_phones:

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #1,153 of 4,538
I got mine about 2 weeks ago from Shenzen Volemer for 63$, they came in a pouch with a lot of bubble wrap and were undamaged, 1.6m cable was included. I would normally just go with the Takstar store but I got my ISK HP2011 from Shenzen Volemer and both of my transactions went smoothly so no problems there.
I won't go too much into detail here, previous headphones that I listened to are CAL, HD598, Shure SRH940, M50x, HM5, Pro 80, ISK HP2011 and Somic v2. I've basically tried most of the chinese headphones up to 100$ either by myself or with my friends who also had a couple of different one's except the bosshifi. Bottom line: Just get these if you're looking into ANY headphones for up to about 250$ based on my experience, maybe even more. If anything get them just because they're so damn comfortable. They basically wipe the floor with every other sub 100$ chinese headphone with ease, and either match or outperform the more expensive sets I listed before. They are a bit on the brighter side so if you don't mind that I'm sure you'll love them.
Welcome to the club!
Added your impressions to post #3.

If you still have SRH940 and/or M50x, it would be great if you could post comparisons.

What is your chain?

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,154 of 4,538

This represents a real R&D process for head-fing.
I like this.
The amplifier and the speaker motor are the simplest electrical systems ( can be very low cost engineering), while this hobby seems very complex so that someone invest more than 10k USD for some satisfaction.
Maybe Pro-82 is good for systems with minimum signal path which leads to the lowest count of components and the size.
This is a reason why I stay here.:heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,155 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!
Added your impressions to post #3.

If you still have SRH940 and/or M50x, it would be great if you could post comparisons.

What is your chain?

I unfortunately don't have either of those anymore, I sold the Shure's and the M50x were from a friend on a 3 month test period.
If my memory is correct the M50x were a bit too hot in the treble. Soundstage was average.
The Shure's were good but felt a bit too flat, also not the best build quality. Bass was detailed but lacking oomph, mids were really nice and highs were tamed properly. Soundstage was good for closed cans.

Pro 82's have a more fun sound signature, while still sounding natural with just a slight hollowness in the mid region.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back