Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 30, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #736 of 4,535
Very nice comparisons with Fostex TH-900, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90!
Added the link to the second and third posts.
I especially liked the comparison with TH-900 - it verified that I wasn't crazy thinking that they are almost on the same level.

Can't believe that I've spent 1700$ on TH900MK2 just 3 months ago, when I already had Pro 82...
If I would have known about the tuning foams and SMSL Idea + O2 combination, I probably would have skipped on TH900MK2.
Haven't taken the Fostex out of the box for 3 weeks now, and the last time I did it was to do a comparison between 7 different pads.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #737 of 4,535
Dec 30, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #738 of 4,535
Very nice comparisons with Fostex TH-900, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90!
Added the link to the second and third posts.
I especially liked the comparison with TH-900 - it verified that I wasn't crazy thinking that they are almost on the same level.

Can't believe that I've spent 1700$ on TH900MK2 just 3 months ago, when I already had Pro 82...
If I would have known about the tuning foams and SMSL Idea + O2 combination, I probably would have skipped on TH900MK2.
Haven't taken the Fostex out of the box for 3 weeks now, and the last time I did it was to do a comparison between 7 different pads.

At first, I doubt that the Pro 82 is gonna come anywhere close to TH900 and decided to just snatch a pair. It turns out that you're right. I would definitely go for Pro 82 if I had the chance to audition both at the same time. TH900 treble really puts me off and glad that I found its replacement :smile:

Excellent review, love the comparisons, and those pics are magnificent!

Thanks! :ksc75smile:

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #739 of 4,535
At first, I doubt that the Pro 82 is gonna come anywhere close to TH900 and decided to just snatch a pair. It turns out that you're right. I would definitely go for Pro 82 if I had the chance to audition both at the same time. TH900 treble really puts me off and glad that I found its replacement :smile:

Thanks! :ksc75smile:

I'm curious as to whether either of you have any experience with the TH-X00, as both the TH900 and TH-X00 are on the Head-Fi Extreme Basshead thread "top 10" for bass, and I reckon they may have some similarities in sound.. I've been eyeing the TH-X00 as a potential purchase for quite some time, so it'd be great if the Pro 82 can save me from needing to go down that road. :L3000:

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #740 of 4,535
I'm curious as to whether either of you have any experience with the TH-X00, as both the TH900 and TH-X00 are on the Head-Fi Extreme Basshead thread "top 10" for bass, and I reckon they may have some similarities in sound.. I've been eyeing the TH-X00 as a potential purchase for quite some time, so it'd be great if the Pro 82 can save me from needing to go down that road. :L3000:

My housemate has THX00 Purpleheart and I can compare both them with my system; I will update the review post and add the comparison of Takstar Pro 82 with THX00 PH tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #741 of 4,535
My housemate has THX00 Purpleheart and I can compare both them with my system; I will update the review post and add the comparison of Takstar Pro 82 with THX00 PH tomorrow.

Oh, wow, thanks a ton!

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #743 of 4,535
for DAC/amp, not in the US, in Europe :)
DAC wise: I can find the ELE-D01 on amazon
amp wise: did anyone ever compare the FIIO E6 with the FIIO A1 (since the latter is actually way more widely available & the newer version)? @BenF perhaps?

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #744 of 4,535
I own the SHP9500 and I`m thinking about buying the Takstar, the SHP`s are great but they really lack some bass.

I was browsing the reddit and found an equalizer config, it was specially made for an equalizer called APO using another UI software for it called Peace. I just installed the equalizer and downloaded the settings file from reddit and put it in the config folder, I noticed it helped a lot, the SHP is much better to listen now, it has some delicious bass. It`s not powerful, but it has a little more punch, i like it.

I would be very nice if you used this equalizing settings again and compared the SHP9500 with the Takstars.

The post in question:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/63pfey/shp9500_correction_tune_v21/
Hi @Electrolite! I'm afraid that I won't be able to test this EQ setting because I'm on Mac and APO seems to be available only on Windows.
But, I would bet that you cannot reproduce (or get close to) Pro 82's bass quality out of the SHP9500 whatsoever. SHP9500 are great but I guess they would yield to noticeable harmonic distortions after EQing, in particular I expect bass sounding thicker and hoarser if you ever try tuning them to resemble Pro 82's bass.

Dec 31, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #745 of 4,535
for DAC/amp, not in the US, in Europe :)
DAC wise: I can find the ELE-D01 on amazon
amp wise: did anyone ever compare the FIIO E6 with the FIIO A1 (since the latter is actually way more widely available & the newer version)? @BenF perhaps?
According to the reviews I've read, A1 doesn't sound as good as E6

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #748 of 4,535
Hi @Electrolite! I'm afraid that I won't be able to test this EQ setting because I'm on Mac and APO seems to be available only on Windows.
But, I would bet that you cannot reproduce (or get close to) Pro 82's bass quality out of the SHP9500 whatsoever. SHP9500 are great but I guess they would yield to noticeable harmonic distortions after EQing, in particular I expect bass sounding thicker and hoarser if you ever try tuning them to resemble Pro 82's bass.
Try using Oppo HA-2's bass boost instead.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #749 of 4,535
When you realize BenF's posts make 25 pages on this Takstar thread. Almost sold me on these headphones until Aliexpress automatically canceled my order. Guess these weren't meant to be. Plus I have too many good headphones already.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #750 of 4,535
...Aliexpress automatically canceled my order. Guess these weren't meant to be. Plus I have too many good headphones already.
Did Aliexpress cancel your order or the store did?
What was the reason for cancellation?
Which store did you order from and when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back