Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #706 of 4,538
I bought The Pro 82s after watching Zeos' glowing review and reading the first few pages of this thread. ...Maybe my set were a lemon because I was very surprised when the V6s sounded [edit] significantly [/edit] better to me.

Could be a faulty pair. I would put the Pro 82 in Beyerdynamic T90 class with my system. I tried the Pro 82 straight from S6 Edge and it doesn't sound as good as I thought it would be. Then I realized that it scales greatly with better system. That might also be one of the reasons.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #707 of 4,538
This Bloody M550 headphone looks too similar to Pro 82 to be a mere coincidence. Similar specs as well, 40mm driver with 32 Ohm impedance.

Although it doesn't have bass adjustment ports and seem to have always open slot.

20170804163408_57268.jpg

20170804163420_66774.jpg

20170804163439_57493.jpg

20170804163456_28866.jpg

https://www.bloody.com/en/product.php?pid=12&id=178

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #708 of 4,538
So my Takstar Pro 82s came in today and they sounded anaemic out of the box. So after I let them burn-in for about 12 hours, and unless I got a bad pair, the Pro 82s aren't that good: soundstage is small, the low end starts to roll off from just below the midrange, and the highs are grainy. I A/B tested against MDR-V6s and the Pro 82s were no match. ...I tried to A/B test against DT 770s but, when I put on the DT 770s after the Pro 82s, I didn't have the will to waste my time and just continued listening to the DT 770s LOL

IMO better options for the same price are the Sony MDR-V6 (if you like a flat sound signature) and the Focal Sprit One S (if you want something more lively - note they're uncomfortable if you don't have a small head).

This is the opposite to my thoughts on these, these are up there with my T1's for no grain and the bass is deep analogue and very good quality the imaging is the best of all my headphones and sound stage are great when the recording has one.

What is your DAC/amp and the kind of music you listen to, if you don't mind telling us?

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #709 of 4,538
This is the opposite to my thoughts on these, these are up there with my T1's for no grain and the bass is deep analogue and very good quality the imaging is the best of all my headphones and sound stage are great when the recording has one.

What is your DAC/amp and the kind of music you listen to, if you don't mind telling us?

I use an Audio-gd R2R 11 dac/amp. I also listened to the Pro 82s on an Emotiva Little Ego. Music was a mix of pop songs on Apple Music (“Perfect Duet” - Ed Sheeren, “Too Good at Goodbyes” - Sam Smith, “Havana” - Camila Cabello, and to test low end “Best Friend” - Sofi Tucker).

When I open the bass ports I hear a low frequency flutter but no other discernible increase in low end.

From your posts and how you’re rating your Pro 82s it’s seems like I got a bad pair :-/

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #710 of 4,538
New pop recording have to much compression and limiting you may be hearing clipping.

I hear clipping on all my HP's mid-fi to hi-fi on new pop.

Yeah I will not touch the ports it makes them sound bad.

Do you have any 70's recordings to see if you hear any grain?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #711 of 4,538
So my Takstar Pro 82s came in today and they sounded anaemic out of the box. So after I let them burn-in for about 12 hours, and unless I got a bad pair, the Pro 82s aren't that good: soundstage is small, the low end starts to roll off from just below the midrange, and the highs are grainy. I A/B tested against MDR-V6s and the Pro 82s were no match. ...I tried to A/B test against DT 770s but, when I put on the DT 770s after the Pro 82s, I didn't have the will to waste my time and just continued listening to the DT 770s LOL

IMO better options for the same price are the Sony MDR-V6 (if you like a flat sound signature) and the Focal Sprit One S (if you want something more lively - note they're uncomfortable if you don't have a small head).
The way you described the sound, it looks to me like socket/plug/cable issue.

Often when I use 3.5mm headphones with NFB.11-32, I get this sound. It is usually solved by pulling the 3.5/6.5mm adapter very slightly out of NFB.11-32's socket.
"Very slightly" = maybe 1mm
You should try playing with it while music plays.
Edit: or maybe you need to pull the 3.5mm plug out of the 6.5mm adapter, I forgot.

Sometimes the problem is on the other end - is 2.5mm plug all the way in?

Sometimes I had to replace cables (with both full-size headphones and earphones) to resolve such issues.
Maybe the stock cable was defective, maybe the plug was problematic - I don't know, but changing cables (I'm not talking about premium cables here, just another compatible cable) helped.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #712 of 4,538

Often when I use 3.5mm headphones with NFB.11-32, I get this sound. It is usually solved by pulling the 3.5/6.5mm adapter very slightly out of NFB.11-32's socket.
"Very slightly" = maybe 1mm
You should try playing with it while music plays.

Sometimes I had to replace cables (with both full-size headphones and earphones) to resolve such issues.
Maybe the stock cable was defective, maybe the plug was problematic - I don't know, but changing cables (I'm not talking about premium cables here, just another compatible cable) helped.

The Monoprice M1060's were shipped with bad 3.5mm jacks, this screw in jack on the pro 82's is nice mind you.

But a good call to check non the less.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #713 of 4,538
I may have made a mistake - you either need to pull the 6.5mm adapter out of the socket, or 3.5mm cable plug out of the adapter.
Haven't happened to me in a while, as I use mostly SMSL Idea as a DAC with O2 as an amp or Oppo-HA2 as a DAC/amp.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #714 of 4,538
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #716 of 4,538
Were the Pro 80 and KyperX Cloud similar in those things too?
HyperX Cloud and Pro 80 had the same diaphragm technology and sensitivity.
Anyway, HyperX Cloud didn't sound as good as Pro 80, and even if M550 is based on Pro 82, it's not going to sound as good either, especially with an always fully open bass port.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #717 of 4,538

THANK YOU @BenF and everyone else for helping!!!

BenF you nailed it! I thought the 2.5 mm end was inserted all the way into the headphones...anyway I pulled the 2.5 mm plug in and out of the headphones several times and the Pro 82s now sound a 100X better!!! No more anaemic sound :)

I found the following song from a reddit post when searching for songs with good soundstage and the Pro82s passed with flying colors!

Plus, I can hear sub-bass now :gs1000smile:

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #718 of 4,538
BenF you nailed it! I thought the 2.5 mm end was inserted all the way into the headphones...anyway I pulled the 2.5 mm plug in and out of the headphones several times and the Pro 82s now sound a 100X better!!! No more anaemic sound :)
@BenF: Are you Sherlock Holmes? :astonished:

@Anaz: Enjoy that Pro 82 and please share your revised impressions with us.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #719 of 4,538

I found the following song from a reddit post when searching for songs with good soundstage and the Pro82s passed with flying colors!

Plus, I can hear sub-bass now :gs1000smile:

Glad to hear you sorted the problem!

That track is a binaural record, recorded using mics shaped like human ears. It's sounds spacious in all headphones

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #720 of 4,538

BenF you nailed it! I thought the 2.5 mm end was inserted all the way into the headphones...anyway I pulled the 2.5 mm plug in and out of the headphones several times and the Pro 82s now sound a 100X better!!! No more anaemic sound :)...
You are welcome!
You scared us all...
Don't forget to post your impressions/review here, and feedback on Aliexpress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back