Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #721 of 4,535
@BenF: Are you Sherlock Holmes? :astonished:

@Anaz: Enjoy that Pro 82 and please share your revised impressions with us.

You are welcome!
You scared us all...
Don't forget to post your impressions/review here, and feedback on Aliexpress!

Glad to hear you sorted the problem!

That track is a binaural record, recorded using mics shaped like human ears. It's sounds spacious in all headphones

Thanks guys :thumbsup:...plus now I know binaural audio sound good on all headphones.

Anyway, one thing led to another, and I found the "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc" by Chesky Records and the Pro 82s sound fantastic. This was also a good educational album for me on different sound qualities. I'll do A/B comparisons between the Pro 82s and my other headphones, but right now I'm just enjoying the Pro 82s.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #723 of 4,535
Thanks guys :thumbsup:...plus now I know binaural audio sound good on all headphones.

Anyway, one thing led to another, and I found the "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc" by Chesky Records and the Pro 82s sound fantastic. This was also a good educational album for me on different sound qualities. I'll do A/B comparisons between the Pro 82s and my other headphones, but right now I'm just enjoying the Pro 82s.
Headphones with better imaging will give better sense of space in binaural audio.
Check this video:

For me, it sounds better in Pro 82 compared to Pro 80

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #724 of 4,535
I'm curious to know whether any Pro 82 owner has looked into this... Did anybody play these on balanced mode taking advantage of the 4-pole TRRS connection?

I got a pair of SHP9500 a few days ago, they're available from Amazon US, shipped to Spain with no problems.
I didn't listen much to them yet, but I do like these headphones. Being open-back, some would say it's unfair to compare them to the Pro 82, but I already did more or less the same in the past with the X2, so I really don't care. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These SHP9500 are not like the Fidelio X2. They do sound more balanced across the frequency spectrum. Sub-bass is obviously non-existing (compared to Pro 82), bass is also less structured and lacking that creaminess; mids are very good, I really enjoy the vocals, they’re more forward than in the Pro 82 as well; the big issue is with treble, I believe. Quite grainy, much more than X2 from what I recall. Also, less detailed than Pro 82 for sure. Overall I perceive a smaller dynamical range. Stage's width is very good if not excellent though, but imaging is better in the Pro 82. They are comfortable as hell, same as Pro 82.

So I think I would pick up the Pro 82 for almost any track if I really want to appreciate the details and multiple sound layers in it or if it requires a solid bass representation, and the SHP9500 if I feel like enjoying more the vocals or need some more soundstage (particularly for OST, classical).

This is a nice touch of pragmatic design, IMO. Other fashion cans (B&O, Jays, Beats?) flip their earcups in an inward direction, so that you can of course show off the brand name while on your neck. Pro 82's earcups spin in a more natural direction (outward), so that you can take them off and easily place them on your desk.

Pro 84? I assume this is speculative... or was a next Takstar model already confirmed somehow?

I own the SHP9500 and I`m thinking about buying the Takstar, the SHP`s are great but they really lack some bass.

I was browsing the reddit and found an equalizer config, it was specially made for an equalizer called APO using another UI software for it called Peace. I just installed the equalizer and downloaded the settings file from reddit and put it in the config folder, I noticed it helped a lot, the SHP is much better to listen now, it has some delicious bass. It`s not powerful, but it has a little more punch, i like it.

I would be very nice if you used this equalizing settings again and compared the SHP9500 with the Takstars.

The post in question:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/63pfey/shp9500_correction_tune_v21/

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #725 of 4,535
THANK YOU @BenF and everyone else for helping!!!

BenF you nailed it! I thought the 2.5 mm end was inserted all the way into the headphones...anyway I pulled the 2.5 mm plug in and out of the headphones several times and the Pro 82s now sound a 100X better!!! No more anaemic sound :)

I found the following song from a reddit post when searching for songs with good soundstage and the Pro82s passed with flying colors!

Plus, I can hear sub-bass now :gs1000smile:

That's awesome news, I was thinking how can I be addicted to these and they sound so bad for you. Yes they have an amazing sound stage as long as the recording has a wide image :)

I love that its a full image across the width and not a left and right and center blob, happy listening :)

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #728 of 4,535
Dec 30, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #732 of 4,535
On aliexpress as well. €53,47 with box. Mine were shipped right away (black version).
I doubt these two really include the case. The case is huge and heavy, it's very expensive to ship - and that's even before we consider the price of the case itself.
The "Music Huhu Store" (what a name!) lists 1974 Pro 82s in stock - clearly untrue, they are playing the same dangerous game as some other stores.

Don't forget to check and compare store ratings - I usually try to buy from stores with a ~99% rating, maybe 98.5% if there isn't choice and I'm in a hurry.
I've made a mistake of ordering from a 94.9% store on 11.11 - still haven't received the package...
The first package was "returned to the sender", the second tracking number hasn't had a single update since it was provided - in almost 3 weeks...

You have to be a smart buyer when buying on Internet (anywhere, even on Amazon).
I placed 322 orders on Aliexpress in 4 years, and choosing the stores with ~99% rating has really paid off for me.

...I don't understand, in some post ago, if there is something problem with something cable or with the headphone
The problem was that @Anaz didn't insert the cable all the way in, there was no problem with the cable itself.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #733 of 4,535
I doubt these two really include the case. The case is huge and heavy, it's very expensive to ship - and that's even before we consider the price of the case itself.

The box is on the pics and in the ‘whats included’ list in the description. We will see!

There was a 6 day cancellation option when not shipped in time + 60 day cancellation if item not received, which I am ok with (worst case waiting 2 months -> money back). I don’t need to have these tomorrow, it’s just for fun. As with all things China the package may get lost or get delayed massively even with a reliable seller. Rules of the game.

The tracking shows me the item has left China. So far so good.

Doing enough research is everyone’s own responsibility: some are willing to take more (calculated) risks, some less. If I get the whole package for this amount it’s quite the bargain, if not the risk is small anyway at 50 bucks.

BTW, I take it you have the case: how much does it weigh? They charge about 6 dollars extra for it, looking at other auctions so I don’t expect it to be made of very solid materials.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #735 of 4,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back