Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 18, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #3,406 of 4,538
so is there any seller other than offical Takstar store that is selling good ones ?
Well, they're not the official Takstar store, because Takstar have their own AliE store, which they link on their website. The difference? They're currently charging $14 shipping and don't offer good deals during the sales.

The difference we're talking about here is like $8, and there's a coupon for $6 off in the first post. Go with TakstarAudio for this, 100%. No other sellers make claims of official stock or any guarantees.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #3,407 of 4,538
You can pop one of those Coupon Pals coupons tha gives you $9 off . Don't know if you can stack thes coupons -prob not
If price was $64 (it's $62 ***) there's $12 coupon from CP and that would be sick deal

EDIT: I'm an idiot it would almost be same deal as with $9 coupon

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,408 of 4,538
Also this is literally the first time I hear someone claim elevated bass helps for footsteps...
I think because it's actually normal for gaming headphones nowadays so no one even mentions it. I remember different gaming headsets having completely different sound sig until Kingston launched HyperX Cloud which are basically Takstar Pro 80 with a mic. After them almost all gaming headsets had elevated bass, including GM200.

Ofc actual info about footsteps is in low treble (2-4k) and high treble for positioning, but midbass really helps with perception.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,409 of 4,538
It can't be, they're gaming headphones which should give you elevated bass for easier identification of footsteps, so they SHOULD have bass ports considering how original Pro 82 sound like, and they can't be compared to HD600 in any way. Elevated bass of GM200 is an advantage - if it's flat, it's an inferior gaming headset.
I have HD600, and don't consider it to be a very good headphone. It has the famous Sennheiser veil and sounds colored. Treble extension isn't great, and bass lacks in texture.
Soundstage is quite small, smaller than Pro 82s (open vs closed!).
Pro82/GM200 produce a much more natural (uncolored) sound, with better extension on both ends.

Here is quote from review by @sov73811 : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-211#post-15370241
Using the foam that had lighter density (it came from the Cooler Master MH752 box, LOL!) than the stock foam discs helped lift that infamous “Sennheiser veil” off of the HD600 a little. Even so, the HD600 is definitely “darker” than the Pro 82. I find the treble just a little too relaxed. Bass and midrange also sound more relaxed. That veil makes the sound stage on the HD600 surprisingly confining – especially for an open backed headphone. It’s like the HD600 is more two-dimensional while the Pro 82 is more three-dimensional. Now if someone were to go from the HD600 series to a Pro 82 I can see that person being a bit jarred by the Pro 82’s highly revealing sound.

Just a side note, I’ve heard from people that a lot of recording studios use the HD600. I’d really like to ask how music is mixed because I’d really love to get music that isn’t brick-walled (compressed). Maybe if more studios used Pro 82s, we’d have more balance to the sound universe or something?

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #3,410 of 4,538
I have HD600, and don't consider it to be a very good headphone
I mean, if any comparison with HD600, it should be base Pro 82 with closed bass ports but not GM200 to me. I said earlier I didn't like elevated bass at first, but after a while I came to a conclusion that it's a good thing in competitive games - it's really harder to play with bass ports shut :) Takstar did a right thing integrating them into GM200.

Agree about bass and treble extension, especially about treble. They're so good in playing upper highs, and I love it!

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #3,411 of 4,538
You can pop one of those Coupon Pals coupons tha gives you $9 off . Don't know if you can stack thes coupons -prob not
If price was $64 (it's $62 ***) there's $12 coupon from CP and that would be sick deal

EDIT: I'm an idiot it would almost be same deal as with $9 coupon
Only one coupon can be used per order.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #3,412 of 4,538
I have HD600, and don't consider it to be a very good headphone. It has the famous Sennheiser veil and sounds colored. Treble extension isn't great, and bass lacks in texture.
Soundstage is quite small, smaller than Pro 82s (open vs closed!).
Pro82/GM200 produce a much more natural (uncolored) sound, with better extension on both ends.

Here is quote from review by @sov73811 : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-211#post-15370241

Yeah, I like the headphones, but at this point I'm talking to a car salesman trying to sell me bullet holes as speed holes, I'll see myself out.
Check the other version, at least once whatever agreement you got with takstar audio store ends lol...

Jul 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #3,413 of 4,538
I feel the same about O2's high gain - in low gain, I don't feel the synergy with Idea.

I always use O2 in high gain for all my headphones/earphones, regardless of how efficient they are.
It just sounds more dynamic.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #3,415 of 4,538
Jul 21, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #3,416 of 4,538
Jul 21, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #3,417 of 4,538
I bought a used one. I think it is V1 as it has a black retaining ring on inside pads.
Fair enough. There's more info and links on tuning in the opening posts of the thread.

From what I've seen, most people are happy with the sound via simple baffling over the front of the driver (foam, even toilet paper as per that blog), but I'm not really on top of any recommend EQ profiles. I listen to v2 stock with a very clean chain (Khadas Tone Board into JDS Atom).

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #3,419 of 4,538
I would like to buy the GM200 since i need a good mic and the modmics are extremely expensive. I have my Pro 82 v2 paired with a SMSL idea Dac/amp for almost a year now but i still need a good mic for it or to buy the GM200 since i mainly use it for gaming. Problem is the official Takstar store is not shipping to Brazil anymore so i would like to know an alternative store to buy it.

Also i would like to know if the mic in the gm200 would work when conected to the smsl idea. Thanks!

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #3,420 of 4,538
I would like to buy the GM200 since i need a good mic and the modmics are extremely expensive. I have my Pro 82 v2 paired with a SMSL idea Dac/amp for almost a year now but i still need a good mic for it or to buy the GM200 since i mainly use it for gaming. Problem is the official Takstar store is not shipping to Brazil anymore so i would like to know an alternative store to buy it.

Also i would like to know if the mic in the gm200 would work when conected to the smsl idea. Thanks!
You can buy this micced cable for your Pro 82 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html
It's not as good as GM200's microphone, but clear enough.
In both cases you would experience cross-talk between the headphone and the microphone due to a common ground in the 3.5mm port.
GM200 also has the splitter cable for computers that have separate ports for headphones and microphones - but you need to check if your computer/laptop has them.
You can buy such splitter for Pro 82 too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32871254953.html

For best voice quality, you'd be better off with a high quality USB microphone:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32931005654.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32934885488.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000317943466.html

Microphone won't work with Idea and 99% of Amp/DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back