Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 11, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #3,271 of 4,538
May 12, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #3,273 of 4,538
Looks like, package isn't lost. Here in Portugal things with carriers are chaotic, everything is stuck in airport for a really long time. But i receive today an update that the package arrived, and now a have a tracking from Portuguese carrier.
Great news! :beerchug:
Would love to hear your impressions on this synergy combo.

May 12, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #3,274 of 4,538
Hey i got my Pro 82 today, impression overall so far so good
Really lightweight, i was impressed, its super light on my head
I am using it on my computer, the sound volume is truly too powerful
I think by default, its on 67 which is insanely loud, what are your personal sound volume on Windows 10?
By the way i plugged my BoomPro 2.5 mm (also bought on Aliexpress for few bucks, about 15$) and it works like a charm
I also noticed something weird, when i am shaking quickly my head, i can hear something cracking/loosing inside ear-cups (maybe driver itself)?!
Dunno if you guys have any kind of similar ''issue''?
Thanks

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #3,275 of 4,538
Hey i got my Pro 82 today, impression overall so far so good
Really lightweight, i was impressed, its super light on my head
I am using it on my computer, the sound volume is truly too powerful
I think by default, its on 67 which is insanely loud, what are your personal sound volume on Windows 10?
By the way i plugged my BoomPro 2.5 mm (also bought on Aliexpress for few bucks, about 15$) and it works like a charm
Using Pro 82 with a computer's sound card is not optimal - you won't get anywhere near Pro 82's true ability.
You should get yourself a synergy combo - at 75$, it's a steal.

...I also noticed something weird, when i am shaking quickly my head, i can hear something cracking/loosing inside ear-cups (maybe driver itself)?!
Dunno if you guys have any kind of similar ''issue''?
Thanks
I don't have this issue with my Pro 82s, but I have an even worse issue with my $1700, "Made in Japan", Fostex TH900MK2.
It produces rattling noise on the left side below 50Hz - not when I shake my head, but when I listen to music...

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #3,276 of 4,538
What i really meant its i can hear something plastic part (?) sightly moving when i m shaking my head
I may know why:
Pro 82 is well isolated, i was surprised at very first vocal session, my own voice was smothered and i felt like i was in an aquarium
My BoomPro has braided cable, i can hear the sound of this braided cable rubbing against my t shirt
Its not a big deal, maybe its due to my lack of headset habit

May 14, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #3,277 of 4,538
What i really meant its i can hear something plastic part (?) sightly moving when i m shaking my head
I may know why:
Pro 82 is well isolated, i was surprised at very first vocal session, my own voice was smothered and i felt like i was in an aquarium
My BoomPro has braided cable, i can hear the sound of this braided cable rubbing against my t shirt
Its not a big deal, maybe its due to my lack of headset habit
So the noise is coming from the BoomPro?

May 14, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #3,278 of 4,538
I have both, on the left side, its coming from the BoomPro's braided cable
Right side, i can hear something within earcup
I have tested again with wearing each earcup at once, both makes similar internal noise but the noise from right side is bit louder
I may suggest its because of isolation
Anyway, my brother will receive his unit pretty soon, i will try to compare both if is there anything wrong with my own unit

May 15, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #3,279 of 4,538
I have both, on the left side, its coming from the BoomPro's braided cable
Right side, i can hear something within earcup
I have tested again with wearing each earcup at once, both makes similar internal noise but the noise from right side is bit louder
I may suggest its because of isolation
Anyway, my brother will receive his unit pretty soon, i will try to compare both if is there anything wrong with my own unit

Try to shake the headphone when it's not on your head. It might be just the squeaking from the chassis itself, amplified when you put the headphone on your head. Worst-case - might be something loose inside the cup. Good that pro 82 is pretty easy to take apart and find out.

May 18, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,280 of 4,538
I finally got my GM200. Man, the earpads are so soft, they are god blessing and the grip is unveliabable, they close good enough but I don't feel like clamped by them.

I'm posting this as I'm testing them, so I don't have even half hour using them. I have mixed opinions about the sound... for one, there is an strange soundstage, lots of instruments are more noticeable, but there are some other sounds that I feel are not crisp enough than I'm used to and vocals are one of those.
I'm making this statement coming from recently using Onkyos FC-300 and Mee Matrix 2. It's almost like the GM's need more amplification, but my Prodigy Cube Black is supposed to drive them easy enough (I still need to test them in the 6.3mm plug, that plug is supposed to be uncapped for the amp)

It's not exactly that they aren't crisp enough, it's more like they have less pressence than they should, but even then I'm enjoying most of what I'm hearing.

They are pretty light, much more than the HyperX Core that I own. ligther than the Onkyo's too and maybe even a little lighter than the Matrix2 (the Matrix are wireless with plug).

I feel them a little bit neutral, but not in a Sennheiser style. It's probably because the little extra bass. I probably get the Pro 82s, I ended buying this one because the accesories are not sold separately (yeah, I wanted the mic that much). I may probably fix that via EQ.

I wonder if I need to burn this headphones.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (1).jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (3).jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 15.18.11 (2).jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #3,281 of 4,538
...I'm posting this as I'm testing them, so I don't have even half hour using them. I have mixed opinions about the sound... for one, there is an strange soundstage, lots of instruments are more noticeable, but there are some other sounds that I feel are not crisp enough than I'm used to and vocals are one of those.
I'm making this statement coming from recently using Onkyos FC-300 and Mee Matrix 2. It's almost like the GM's need more amplification, but my Prodigy Cube Black is supposed to drive them easy enough (I still need to test them in the 6.3mm plug, that plug is supposed to be uncapped for the amp)

It's not exactly that they aren't crisp enough, it's more like they have less pressence than they should, but even then I'm enjoying most of what I'm hearing.
I assume you are talking about male vocals? FC-300 may show more presence in male vocals due to a frequency response rise below 1kHz: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/delightful-onkyo-es-fc300-and-es-hf300-measurements
Female vocals should sound better on GM200, FC-300 is falling off the cliff there.

...I wonder if I need to burn this headphones.
Maybe just a few hours, I haven't noticed a burn-in effect in Pro 82 or GM200.

May 22, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #3,283 of 4,538
The Flit are now for sale. Any thoughts on this, except that they seem a bit overpriced?
I'm seeing about the same price as the GM200/Shade, which makes sense. The Flit is to the Pro 80 what the GM200 is to the Pro 82, though hopefully without seeking to boost the bass as the latter headset does.

There'll be sales at the end of next month, at which point they'll hopefully have resolved the shipping issues I'm seeing.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #3,284 of 4,538
Ordered a pair from the Takstar store on Aliexpress a few weeks back, now we play the COVID waiting game. They left China on April 18th, hopefully they arrive soon.

So apparently they never left China on 4/18, they were sitting at the airport/"handed over to the airline", and the current status (translated from Chinese) says "Arrival at the Overseas Economic and Trade Bureau". Still hasn't left China yet, and it's going on 2 months now. Kind of annoying, but I don't want to be the self-centered asshole who is complaining while the pandemic is going on.

May 22, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #3,285 of 4,538
The Flit are now for sale. Any thoughts on this, except that they seem a bit overpriced?
Since FLIT is based on the Pro 80 drivers, I don't have very high expectations. Don't see the point of making them when GM200 is already available.
I did buy them out of pure curiosity, but the tracking number didn't update in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back