Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 29, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #3,302 of 4,538
Ok, Finally i got The P10 and EL-D01. Took 95 days to get the P10, and for surprise, the power button didn't work. It was a different one from the image presented from the store (mine came with a red clicky button). Fortunately the friend how order me things from ali, repairs electronics for a living, so he fixed it by changing the power button and the store is going to refund some cash (15-20 euros, still negotiating).

Now my first impressions, i'm not an Audiophile by any means, so read this only from a guy how enjoys listening to music. With stock pro 82's i found very difficult to have a good bass. Didn't liked to much with the ports open, but without any ports i missed some bass, but that's what I got used to, i tried them with the Fiio ek10 (bass on) and i found very fatiguing to listening. With this combo i got the bass back and good one, so this is the first plus. Honestly i can't say overall its a "HUUUGE" difference from stock, apart from the bass, i notice a bit more detail and depth. So @BenF you are right, this is a "Fun combo" to Listening. I found my self thinking: "Sh...t that sound was not there before".

May 29, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #3,303 of 4,538
Ok, Finally i got The P10 and EL-D01. Took 95 days to get the P10, and for surprise, the power button didn't work. It was a different one from the image presented from the store (mine came with a red clicky button). Fortunately the friend how order me things from ali, repairs electronics for a living, so he fixed it by changing the power button and the store is going to refund some cash (15-20 euros, still negotiating).
Glad you got this resolved!

...Now my first impressions, i'm not an Audiophile by any means, so read this only from a guy how enjoys listening to music. With stock pro 82's i found very difficult to have a good bass. Didn't liked to much with the ports open, but without any ports i missed some bass, but that's what I got used to, i tried them with the Fiio ek10 (bass on) and i found very fatiguing to listening. With this combo i got the bass back and good one, so this is the first plus. Honestly i can't say overall its a "HUUUGE" difference from stock, apart from the bass, i notice a bit more detail and depth. So @BenF you are right, this is a "Fun combo" to Listening. I found my self thinking: "Sh...t that sound was not there before".

IMHO, this combo does the following things compared to just some transparent setup (e.g. Oppo HA-2SE with O2):
1) Bass improves - but not because it's boosted in any way. Bass now slams harder because it has a fuller body.
2) Vocals are now more emotional (due to the fuller sound).
3) Guitars sound much more interesting (the tube introduces some pleasurable distortion).
4) The timbre is very good, although a bit too euphonic to be perfectly natural (you need Idea+O2 for that).

The more you will listen to this combo, the more differences you will recognize yourself.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #3,304 of 4,538
Ordered a pair out of curiosity too. Now for the waiting game.
Just in case there are more curious people that don't want to wait for a review before purchasing FLIT - don't forget to use the promo code "XBRLTX7RMT6X" when placing your order for a 6$ discount (only in the TakstarAudio store): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001048891903.html
Same discount should be applicable to ML850 when it becomes available.

I have both FLIT and ML850 on the way, should get them in a couple of weeks.

May 30, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #3,305 of 4,538
Just in case there are more curious people that don't want to wait for a review before purchasing FLIT - don't forget to use the promo code "XBRLTX7RMT6X" when placing your order for a 6$ discount (only in the TakstarAudio store): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001048891903.html
Same discount should be applicable to ML850 when it becomes available.

I have both FLIT and ML850 on the way, should get them in a couple of weeks.
Are they claiming the ML850 to be more like the GM200 tuning or the Pro 82?

I'm guessing the former, given how much they're probably going to be cutting into the microdetails in the treble.

May 30, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #3,306 of 4,538
Are they claiming the ML850 to be more like the GM200 tuning or the Pro 82?
Takstar has made no claims about ML850, other than the information provided at https://en.takstar.com/product/type/3241.html
And that page contains a lot of questionable information - how can ML850 support sample rate of 24/96, if it doesn't support anything faster that APTX, which is limited to 16/44?
Also, I've never seen a Bluetooth headphone specify S/N and THD like ML850 - and the numbers listed are pretty bad...

I'd be happy with ML850 sounding like GM200 or Pro 82 - they both sound great.
In the end, it all depends on who tuned ML850 - if it's the same engineer who tuned Pro 82/GM200, we will have one of best sounding (if not the best sounding) Bluetooth headphones on the market.

...I'm guessing the former, given how much they're probably going to be cutting into the microdetails in the treble.
There is no need to cut microdetails in treble too much - APTX has bandwidth of 352kbps, enough for Youtube (128kbps) and most streaming services (250-320Kbps).

May 30, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #3,307 of 4,538
Takstar has made no claims about ML850, other than the information provided at https://en.takstar.com/product/type/3241.html
And that page contains a lot of questionable information - how can ML850 support sample rate of 24/96, if it doesn't support anything faster that APTX, which is limited to 16/44?
Also, I've never seen a Bluetooth headphone specify S/N and THD like ML850 - and the numbers listed are pretty bad...

I'd be happy with ML850 sounding like GM200 or Pro 82 - they both sound great.
In the end, it all depends on who tuned ML850 - if it's the same engineer who tuned Pro 82/GM200, we will have one of best sounding (if not the best sounding) Bluetooth headphones on the market.

There is no need to cut microdetails in treble too much - APTX has bandwidth of 352kbps, enough for Youtube (128kbps) and most streaming services (250-320Kbps).
I had given myself the impression it was SBC and AAC, rather than supporting AptX... that makes more sense!

Pretty much everything other than LDAC will be getting superseded next year by LC3 anyway, so I'd rather wait for the next edition (or at least for the SIG to figure out a backport).

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,308 of 4,538
I had given myself the impression it was SBC and AAC, rather than supporting AptX... that makes more sense!

Pretty much everything other than LDAC will be getting superseded next year by LC3 anyway, so I'd rather wait for the next edition (or at least for the SIG to figure out a backport).
I read about LC3 here: https://www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-le-audio-lc3-explained-28192/
Looks like it will replace SBC, but not necessarily APTX.
Also, it may take a few years until you'll have both headphones and a smartphone that support LC3.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #3,309 of 4,538
...And the noise is more noticeable in some songs that is disturbing. Try "Take Me Home - Delta Heavy - Only Dreams" on TIDAL HiFi, it's so weird. I don't know, maybe my DAC isn't properly crosstalking about the needed amp. My O2 is in another city (although I couldn't really make proper use of it, it is so transparent that I dont really felt like it was amplifying aside of having more volume)
I think that songs like "Take Me Home" are not the best choice the test headphones. When the song is recorded mostly (if not exclusively) using computer-generated sounds and has auto-tuned vocals, you never know where some sound effect ends, and a real distortion begins.
I listened to this song on iBasso IT04 (a 500$ IEM), and it sounded ... "dirty".

Here is some electronic music, that sounds decent on Pro 82/GM200 (at least on high quality/synergy combos):

Just some great music in general to enjoy on Pro 82/GM200:

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #3,310 of 4,538
I read about LC3 here: https://www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-le-audio-lc3-explained-28192/
Looks like it will replace SBC, but not necessarily APTX.
Also, it may take a few years until you'll have both headphones and a smartphone that support LC3.
Any SoC made this year and beyond should have LC3 support via Bluetooth 5.2, with the first one being the Snapdragon 768G.

You'll likely start seeing devices very soon too, if not this year, then with next year's releases.

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #3,311 of 4,538
Hi, i know this is not the place exactly for this model, but there info about the Takstar ML750? I wish a "portable" headset for urban use but apart from the model of Koss i don't find other similar type of model with a superior audio.

thx in advance, and i srry for the typing errors, i'm not a english speaker ^^

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #3,312 of 4,538
Hi, i know this is not the place exactly for this model, but there info about the Takstar ML750? I wish a "portable" headset for urban use but apart from the model of Koss i don't find other similar type of model with a superior audio.

thx in advance, and i srry for the typing errors, i'm not a english speaker ^^
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Takstar ML750 is dead in the water - it's an MFI-certified headphone using the 3.5mm connector, but Apple has killed the 3.5mm jack.

You may want to look at Pro 82/GM200 - they are very portable.
Better yet, wait until ML850 will become available later this month - Bluetooth is better for outside use.
https://en.takstar.com/product/type/3241.html

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #3,313 of 4,538
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Takstar ML750 is dead in the water - it's an MFI-certified headphone using the 3.5mm connector, but Apple has killed the 3.5mm jack.

You may want to look at Pro 82/GM200 - they are very portable.
Better yet, wait until ML850 will become available later this month - Bluetooth is better for outside use.
https://en.takstar.com/product/type/3241.html
thx for the welcome ^^

yeah, i not find too much info for the ML750, apart of a one of two reviews that outside the "sounds very good" not have more info, apparently they share the same driver but i no wish take a chance buying a headset without gaving

I think I'm going to "give up" to use a over ear headset, it's more a whim sincerely, but apparently there are not many headset with that "walkman" style. Thx for the help anyway.

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #3,314 of 4,538
yeah, i not find too much info for the ML750, apart of a one of two reviews that outside the "sounds very good" not have more info, apparently they share the same driver but i no wish take a chance buying a headset without gaving

I bought a pair of second-hand ML-750 some months ago and I also have had Pro 82 for years (some first unit from the very 1st batch).

In short: ML-750 are not up to Pro 82 in sound performance. It's miles difference; personally, I didn't like them. They also were released already outdated, as @BenF pointed out.
Advice: Don't even bother.

(I will try to elaborate on this later... if there is interest).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back