Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 11, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #3,182 of 4,535
Do we have a new synergistic “combo” for Pro 82 here?

(Thanks @Aibo for the nice review).

Btw, regarding that issue with volume, I remember @BenF commenting on the strange volume behavior of SMSL iDEA as well (should be controlled from source, rather than with its physical volume buttons). Perhaps unrelated... maybe not exactly for the same reason... but intriguing...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,183 of 4,535
What is that v0.9 version?
Most likely they are v1 that failed quality control. Usually, one of the drivers is way off.
Safe to assume that all v1 Pro 82 on Aliexpress nowadays are v0.9 - the real v1 sold out completely in the fall of 2017, there can be no new v1 stock.

Feb 19, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #3,190 of 4,535
Hey guys, i'm thinking of buying the GM200, but first i was looking for a DAC/AMP, do the S.M.S.L M3 is a good one to start with? I live in Brazil and the taxes around here are insane so i need to buy in aliexpress and i can pay 80$ on it.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #3,191 of 4,535
Hi guys, I own a Takstar Pro 82 V1 since March 2018 (from Headphoniaks), it was recommended to me as a good pair of headphones for the price. For me was a big step up since i mainly was using low cost in ears and razer stuff. Now i own SHP9500 with fiio E10k in home for gaming, Sound Peats Q35 for running, and the Pro 82 for music at Work.

So i was searching a reading stuff about the Pro 82 i and came across this thread, i already read the first 100 pages and the last, lets say 10 pages of this thread, and realise that i'm not using this headphones at their full potencial, manly because i just plug them straight to my imac. I'm not an audiophile guy but i love to listen to music (8 hours a day). What Amp and Dac should i get? i only found the SMSL Idea on Amazon for 85 euros and the O2 i found 2 versions (in Headnhifi im from europe), the portable +/-120€ and the desktop version +/-145€. The P10 and the EL-D01 are much more cheaper, but if the diference between the 2 combos is big i don't mind to pay the extra.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #3,192 of 4,535
Do we have a new synergistic “combo” for Pro 82 here?

(Thanks @Aibo for the nice review).

Btw, regarding that issue with volume, I remember @BenF commenting on the strange volume behavior of SMSL iDEA as well (should be controlled from source, rather than with its physical volume buttons). Perhaps unrelated... maybe not exactly for the same reason... but intriguing...

It's definitely proven to be a great combo. I'm using it these days for gaming, YT, video editing... too lazy to use an extension cord to my main Burson Playmate DAC/AMP. :)

BTW, I've got Schiit Magni 3 but it's still in the box... gonna try this DAC+Magni 3+Pro 82 combo this weekend.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #3,193 of 4,535
Hi guys, I own a Takstar Pro 82 V1 since March 2018 (from Headphoniaks), it was recommended to me as a good pair of headphones for the price. For me was a big step up since i mainly was using low cost in ears and razer stuff. Now i own SHP9500 with fiio E10k in home for gaming, Sound Peats Q35 for running, and the Pro 82 for music at Work.

So i was searching a reading stuff about the Pro 82 i and came across this thread, i already read the first 100 pages and the last, lets say 10 pages of this thread, and realise that i'm not using this headphones at their full potencial, manly because i just plug them straight to my imac. I'm not an audiophile guy but i love to listen to music (8 hours a day). What Amp and Dac should i get? i only found the SMSL Idea on Amazon for 85 euros and the O2 i found 2 versions (in Headnhifi im from europe), the portable +/-120€ and the desktop version +/-145€. The P10 and the EL-D01 are much more cheaper, but if the diference between the 2 combos is big i don't mind to pay the extra.

Thanks
It really depends what kind of sound you prefer.
If you want to hear the music with 100% natural representation, go for Idea+O2 (portable, 1.0x/3.3x on high gain) .
If you want a little more fun, tube-like sound with thicker notes - go for P10+EL-D01.

Both sound great, there is no wrong choice - just a matter of preference.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,195 of 4,535
It's definitely proven to be a great combo. I'm using it these days for gaming, YT, video editing... too lazy to use an extension cord to my main Burson Playmate DAC/AMP. :)

BTW, I've got Schiit Magni 3 but it's still in the box... gonna try this DAC+Magni 3+Pro 82 combo this weekend.
Weird, I bought another Lusya DAC, paid 3 times as much - the sound is worse than straight out of laptop...
Just goes to show how little price or using newer/"better" components has to do with sound quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000083584931.html
1584399426882.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back