Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 17, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #3,196 of 4,535
Weird, I bought another Lusya DAC, paid 3 times as much - the sound is worse than straight out of laptop...
Just goes to show how little price or using newer/"better" components has to do with sound quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000083584931.html

That's why I mostly use USB audio interfaces, they have to sound clear for their intended usage as recording/mixing/mastering tools regardless of what components was put in the box. Gear marketed for head-fi regularly swims in a large pool of snake oil.

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #3,203 of 4,535
I welcome music fans, I will be very grateful if the participants of this topic vote for testing pro82 by ratings

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/suggestions

P.S.check from the browser where your account will not be logged in whether your vote was counted, if not, wait a day after registration, cancel your vote and re-install.
Now for these headphones only 2 votes(((

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,204 of 4,535
I welcome music fans, I will be very grateful if the participants of this topic vote for testing pro82 by ratings

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/suggestions

P.S.check from the browser where your account will not be logged in whether your vote was counted, if not, wait a day after registration, cancel your vote and re-install.
Now for these headphones only 2 votes(((
RTings will only buy from major US retailers, and will not modify the review for the variant we talk about on here, which has been shown in a teardown review to use a different driver than the original Pro 82. Combine that with the suggestion that the Pro 82 they buy may have drivers that aren't matched, and you can see why there might be a lack of enthusiasm.

The MH751 is sitting there with 35 votes as well, and that uses the v2 driver, but whatever the case, RTings won't be reviewing it for many months yet.

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #3,206 of 4,535
Ok,

Just did my first tweak with the pro 82 v1.
Since listening to them, there has been a perceived hotness to the treble which can manifests itself as fatigue when listening in long sessions.

The cure?
Easy.

Simply remove the tape on the centre rear of metal speaker surface to expose all the holes (4 in total).

The default (half moon) covers 3 holes and only allows one hole to be exposed. This I hypothesise causes the vent to be tuned too high in frequency causing the fatigue.

By exposing the holes the driver can now breathe, allowing a more relaxed presentation across the frequency band.

Enjoy.

20200410_165231.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #3,207 of 4,535
Weird, I bought another Lusya DAC, paid 3 times as much - the sound is worse than straight out of laptop...
Just goes to show how little price or using newer/"better" components has to do with sound quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000083584931.html
1584399426882.png

What your opinion about the "Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter" combined with pro 82? I got a new video card, and my old sound card dont fit my pc anymore, so i need a cheap replacement.
Its either the Apple adapter, or Meizu HIFI DAC pro, according to measurements, the apple dongle doing a great job for its price. With dongle, shipping and all that stuff it would be under 20 bucks, the Meizu is 42$.

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #3,209 of 4,535
Ok,

Just did my first tweak with the pro 82 v1.
Since listening to them, there has been a perceived hotness to the treble which can manifests itself as fatigue when listening in long sessions.

The cure?
Easy.

Simply remove the tape on the centre rear of metal speaker surface to expose all the holes (4 in total).

The default (half moon) covers 3 holes and only allows one hole to be exposed. This I hypothesise causes the vent to be tuned too high in frequency causing the fatigue.

By exposing the holes the driver can now breathe, allowing a more relaxed presentation across the frequency band.

Enjoy.

Thanks for mentioning this... I gave it a try, and my tests with songs that have a lot of bass resulted in too much bass for me (and that's with the ports closed!) I opened them back up and covered two of the four holes on the back of each driver with some "LightDims" stickers (designed to block excess light from bright LEDs), and I feel like that's the perfect balance of sound for me. The whole spectrum seems just about right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back