T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 27, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #781 of 2,595
d marc0 - I'm interested in comparison of the XBA 3 to the H200!

May 27, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #782 of 2,595
But how much would I lose on the resale? Should I just got strait for ASG 2's? Arrg :grimacing:! Ekes review of them seem spot on. We both like the GR07's...

Thank you for the offer! Let me think about it.

I reckon, missing out on H200 won't matter much if you're planning to get the ASG 2 in the future. The ASG 2 is also in my "wish list" but unfortunately it's currently out of my league price wise (I'm saving up for a major investment). Good luck! You will surely make a good decision if you consider the PROs and CONs in your situation.

Quote:
d marc0 - I'm interested in comparison of the XBA 3 to the H200!

Currently plugged the H200 for burn-in. I'll post my comparison soon... but for now, all I can say is I don't think I'm gonna miss the XBA3 if I were to sell it this very moment. 

May 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #783 of 2,595
Quote:
But how much would I lose on the resale? Should I just got strait for ASG 2's? Arrg :grimacing:! Ekes review of them seem spot on. We both like the GR07's...

Thank you for the offer! Let me think about it.

The H-200 is a fantastic earphone, but it's not in the same league as the ASG-2.The Aurisonics is more 3-D (quite a bit more) with a heavier bass presence (although it doesn't obscure the mids or treble). It's apples and oranges in tuning and sound signature. The H-200 is above excellent for the price, but the ASG-2 is in another tier.

May 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #784 of 2,595
The H-200 is a fantastic earphone, but it's not in the same league as the ASG-2.The Aurisonics is more 3-D (quite a bit more) with a heavier bass presence (although it doesn't obscure the mids or treble). It's apples and oranges in tuning and sound signature. The H-200 is above excellent for the price, but the ASG-2 is in another tier.

Already sent the payment for H200's....

Was trying to decide between H200 and ASG 1.3 at the end. Will probably still end up purchasing the ASG 2 or Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 after some cool down time.

I never got a response back from aurisonics after the first message they sent me.

May 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #785 of 2,595
UnityIs, i do not know, with 270$ i understand your concerns since some alternatives come closer, still it much depends what type of sound preference you have and how much you want to spend. From my experience h200 is worth what they ask and within 300$ area still might be great choice... But there is not much i can say unless i know what type of sound signature you want and what type of music you will spin on them?

May 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #786 of 2,595
UnityIs, i do not know, with 270$ i understand your concerns since some alternatives come closer, still it much depends what type of sound preference you have and how much you want to spend. From my experience h200 is worth what they ask and within 300$ area still might be great choice... But there is not much i can say unless i know what type of sound signature you want and what type of music you will spin on them?

I could go for either balanced or slight u shape. I feel like my MK2 GR07's are hitting the former about right. Looking for more of the latter now(is why I purchased the BE)but a upgraded GR07 MK2 sig would be welcome also(minus sibilance issues).

Music I listen to is very broad.

When I say balanced, I mean reproduce the music as it was mixed. If the sound engineer focused on the vocals when mixing... vocal are prominent when playing. No bass? No bass comes out. Deep bass rumble... That's what I get. I'm asking for so little, lol.

Seems the paypal payment got sent as a eCheck cuz I didn't have a backup payment set up. (T_T) Frack

Sunggoo, if u are reading this, just send them tomorrow mate. I'm good for it buddy, no need to worry. :weary: <- WIN! Thank You! It's finally looking up guys...

May 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #787 of 2,595
H200 for sure has some U shape but this is not obstructive. Pity i have not chance with GR07mkII so you must ask someone here who had or have both.
I find H200 fun and musical, not so neutral however, there is a bit midcentric bias to them and some rolloff is present, but overall richly warm sounding and good detailing IEM in my opinion which does many things right for the price. If you know how TF10 sounds then i can say H200 easily outshines them IMHO.

May 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #788 of 2,595
I was having conversations with tinyman, h20, eke, clieos.....

H20 says he prefers the H200 low end and considers the mids and highs a moderate upgrade from GR07's. I have not heard TF10 sadly. Would give me added context/reference.

May 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #789 of 2,595
I would have to say, if I choose to buy the H200, that I will be content spending the $270 on them - the $200 price was to get these - sound unheard - into the hands of people who would then relate their experiences to others. Now that that has happened, and clearly the folk who purchased without knowing exactly what they were getting, didn't get tumors growing from their ear canals - we who didn't take the plunge now know what we are getting into.

From what I have read - these are the real deal - and for $270 out the door, a hybrid IEM that sounds great - $270 is a good deal. I, for one, won't let the lost opportunity at $200 make me crazy as I understand the mechanism of the offering. Congrats to those who took the plunge, and thank you for reporting back!

May 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #790 of 2,595
Just got my pair a few days ago. So busy just had a little time with the H-200 though.

Currently I own some (ex) top-tier universal iem like UE900, SM3, Rockit Sounds R-50 and I used to have ASG1.2 (which I don't like), Sony XBA4, TF10 etc.
I'd say that the unburned H-200 is in the same league of UE900 and SM3, better than TF10 with almost the same sound signature.

Will do a comparison soon, for now, just burning-in the H-200.

May 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #791 of 2,595
Quote:

They do look very similar.  There is an entirely second aspect that you side-stepped though, decay.  Decay, IMO, makes a much bigger difference than regular frequency response.  FYI, the 1/3 octave smoothing will make the dips look less exaggerated (it'll smooth out dips and make them look smaller).

That is what I meant :wink: more of an octave smoothed = greater smoothing = more normalized/less exaggerated.

May 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #792 of 2,595
You know what instrument I'm really impressed with when listening to the H200? The piano!  The piano sounds so full and really shines through in this earphone. The other instruments do well, but the piano and the H200 love each other.

May 28, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #793 of 2,595
^^Dude, you have to give us time to guess. If you're going to quiz us, you need to insert a pause. :D

I find piano is often a miss on most IEM's I've heard so that's pretty stellar right there.

It looks like a lot of you got a steal at $200. Enjoy!

May 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #794 of 2,595
You what instrument I'm really impressed with when listening to the H200? The piano!  The piano sounds so full and really shines through in this earphone. The other instruments do well, but the piano and the H200 love each other.

Sounds like orchestral and emotional trance would be amazing through these...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back